It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Is Not The Greatest Country Anymore - "The Newsroom" (Jeff Daniels)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

"America is not the greatest country anymore" .... and it never was the greatest country to begin with, that is opinion based and its patriotic-idiotic thinking and beliving like that which creates wars and negativity throughout the world. You really dont hear any other country hootin and hollaring that its the BEST or GREATEST country.. just the brainwashed americans. Getting sick of hearing that American patriotic *snip* ..

All countries do their own thing, have their own cultures, what could ever make one better then the other ? Its just opinion based.. having the best military, being the fattest country and looking down on the rest of the planet does not make your country the greatest, quite the opposite in my mind.. American has more problems on its own then any other country, I think the Americans know this and use their patriotic mentality to substitute their insecurity of living in such a crappy and limiting country.

Nice vid, but I had to get that out.. your title to this thread could of been worded much better, regardless of what the video is talking about. The OP is probably American... go figure

~ love is an art

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Ben81

After watching that cool vid with guns, bombs, explosions and fit women marching about I hereby formally welcome our new Chinese masters and can not wait for one of those ladys to march up and down my back naked

Damn .. now i really cant wait

hope they look for a new home in my room

the smallest and cutest one are the real bad ass
i dont know why i like woman like that

a bad ass chinese chix in uniform .. who can say no to THAT

On a more serious notes now ..
they really are a thousand times more discipline then MOST american soldiers

edit on 7/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Don't shout too loud before you are labeled an "America basher"

Pointing people to truth is bashing now.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You know once America completely collapses, (which we will)... what happens to any country that gets overrun by let's say the Chinese or Russians?

Whatever, you're proving my theory that conservatives create fictitious enemies and bogus wars because they all have psychological disorders.

You just can't exist without it can you?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Ben81

Don't shout too loud before you are labeled an "America basher"

Pointing people to truth is bashing now.

there is a difference between hating the country .. and the people from the government

dont mix both .. because they are not the same

American Basher are the ones thinking this country is heading in the correct direction
the real patriots are the ones realising there is a problem with the system
build by the elites to only favor the elites

i will never support a country where the richest people keep getting rich
and the poor getting poorer

American Basher and Haters are the ones not realising that there is huge corruption
behind the closed doors

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I agree with you 100%. America is ran by a bunch of traitorous scum bags that actually want to see the chicoms take over. Well the way I see it is that i'll die fighting, and won't have to live on this god forsaken piece of garbage floating in space anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
Makes you question the immigration policy that's been in place for about 236 years.

Isn't Jeff Daniels the descendant of of European immigrants?

Thanks for the help...I guess poor huddled masses aren't as much help as everyone thought.

Arent you (almost) ALL descendants of European "immigrants"?

Or are you typing this from some "national preservation"?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This is kinda exactly my stance on it.
I don't hate the American people, i hate the leadership.
Im not bashing America as a whole, i'm bashing what it has become trough mismanagement, and apathy of it's populace.

Europe has exactly the same thing coming for them but the USA needs to be taken down first i guess.

Btw the last minute of the video, is how i'd like to see America again, because he was friggin spot on. The pride of the people of the USA is understandable but there comes a time there's not much left to be proud of, and a time to accept that.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Funny at how many have been trying to throw that one in every one's face for years even though it was a flat out #ing lie while some of us could read between the lines and see the bull# pouring out. You don't feel so big and great now after allowing such scheming ass trickery to run rampant around you climbing into each loophole that our government helped it create unknowingly for these Capitalists and their empire that they have been telling us is ours, but never really had been! My country wouldn't have ever allowed any such atrocities to take place, but it explains that we allowed the devil to get into every aspect of our lives by allowing this to go on for so long! Did no one see all this coming over the past decade or two? Wow?....This is why I have been trying to off myself for so long, because I had to live within this demonic, crooked, harassing, backstabbing, thieving system! So thanks for putting me and my LORD through Hell for so long! My time wasted will be avenged to its fullest, A promise form the lord!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve
reply to post by Ben81

Just because some TV star says america isnt the greatest anymore, doesnt make it true. If you go by those standards, then hitler was right, White is the supreme race.... Idiot.

i have german origin (father side) and i have light brown hair with blue eyes
couldnt be more white then me

i dont consider myself to be part of supreme race at all ..
people saying that thinking they are above the rest .. have real mental issue
trying to feel an empty void with a big ego will make you delusional

im egual to any human being on earth . white,black,blue,yellow, green or grey
America is not the greatest country anymore because it has lost its soul and integrity
once the government is replace by real americans that think for americans in the first second and third place
then maybe the most beautiful country in the world will rise once again like a flower full of happy colors
and not rot like a dead mouse being eaten by worms

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

My sentiments as well, I love NY my son is an American and I go and see him twice a year and I get on with his 2nd Dad and his Mum and even he (He is 14) is very disillusioned with the American dream, so much in fact he told me when he is 18 he wants to come and live with me in the UK.
The USAers are great but they have had the wool pulled over their eyes for so long and the patriotism machine is grinding to a halt, the young Americans have started to see the light and question what the USA really is.

But you gotta love a country which invents squeezy bacon

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I forgot Canada
(sorry) that is my 3rd fave country
funny that my fave countrys not including my own have liberal views to a certain plant

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

I forgot Canada
(sorry) that is my 3rd fave country
funny that my fave countrys not including my own have liberal views to a certain plant

Like Ron Paul said :

US Bacon with Canadian Maple Syrop cant live without each others

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I suffer from a little cognitive dissonance when it comes to this issue, while on one side I realize america isn't the greatest country in the world in many ways and I somewhat despise the blind patriotic stance I still have to admire it, especially coming from a self-hating and at the same time narcissistic country like Sweden.
It's like the collective zeitgeist over here is mentally disturbed on so many levels I won't even try to cover it.. suffice to say, political correctness and social engineering in the name of egalitarianism is a very, very evil phenomena.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yeah I would put Holland as my 2nd top country in the world after Germany but it's my number 1 for a country I would like to emigrate to. Dutch people are very cool people

Netherland,Switzerland,Sweden,Finland are the top living countries of today
where its good to live, work and were the elites dont have any influence

and holland

germany .. with Merkel .. i dont know

Holland and the Netherlands are the same country ><

And if you talk Dutch there's no need to worry, u'll be called German often enough

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thing is (Just my view) the Americans had a great chance to get someone as a runner for POTUS with RP but instead they go for Romney (A Mormon I mean c'mon those guys are bat# crazy) so it seems to me that the amount of intelligent people in America is out numbered by a load of bible bashing idiots and so they will never get a guy in to instill the ideas which America were formed on.
(Heck I reckon the intelligent people are outnumbered by idiots world wide, Heck I may be even one of those idiots :lol

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Thing is (Just my view) the Americans had a great chance to get someone as a runner for POTUS with RP but instead they go for Romney (A Mormon I mean c'mon those guys are bat# crazy) so it seems to me that the amount of intelligent people in America is out numbered by a load of bible bashing idiots and so they will never get a guy in to instill the ideas which America were formed on.
(Heck I reckon the intelligent people are outnumbered by idiots world wide, Heck I may be even one of those idiots :lol

If the elections wasnt riggued .. Ron Paul would be at the top with at least 80% in all votes
the MSM had a big role to made us accept the elections was legit and Romney is winning

Bush .do you believe he was really elected by americans ?
not in a billions yrs .. he cant event speak

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You know what is really interesting?
Our american reaction to the very idea that we might not be the very best nation of the world! We go completely into utter despair- as if not being Number One means only one thing- total drop to the worst.

It is like the idea of being "one of the best countries" or amongst "the best fifty percent" or anything like that doesn't enter minds as something possible or acceptable!

Why do we have to be the best to feel okay with ourselves?
Why is it the best or nothing?
Why can't we be team players?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join