It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Texan Billionaires donate $20 million to Romney campain!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Two Texas billionaires are now the
largest donors to active federal Super
PACs together giving more than $20
million in support of presumptive
Republican presidential nominee Mitt
Romney and the GOP since the fall of
2010 through May 31.

Harold Simmons of Dallas — owner of
Contran Corp., a holding company —
is the largest contributor nationwide
to give to super PACs still active in the
2012 presidential election. Simmons
and his company gave $13 million to
pro-Republican group American
Crossroads and $800,000 to pro-
Romney Restore Our Future, federal
campaign finance reports show.

A lot of you guys hate Romney right?
I wonder what these Texans want in return (if Romney wins) for 20 mil?
Source
edit on 7/5/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
well..
OP you illustrate the problem quite clearly

money
IS NOT FREE SPEECH!

its debt based slavery

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Just goes to show you how screwed we really are in this country! Vote left, screwed, vote right, screwed! Corporations and the wealthy own us little slaves in this country........However, a revolution is still not out of the question!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Obama has said that Romney can outspend him 2:1 and he can still win, however he can't be out spend 10:1 and still win...

We're screwed either way, however...

Ron Paul... HELP!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Obama has said that Romney can outspend him 2:1 and he can still win, however he can't be out spend 10:1 and still win...

We're screwed either way, however...

Ron Paul... HELP!!!!!!!

Whatever in the hell happened to Ron paul anyway? Is he still talking?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I've seen politicians spend millions of dollars trying to unseat Bernie Sanders and Pat Leahy. They may outspend them but other than that, they don't resonate with the people. I can't speak for the others but Bernie is a candidate that appeals to 3 generations of my family.

Obama can be outspent but money alone doesn't decide elections.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

good points
money doesn't win elections nesessarily
but
george soros counting votes in spain and hackable voting machines, and vote fraud do

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

He is waiting on the convention so 3 million people can force the nomination in Pauls favor,,

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wait, they are billionaires but only giving millions? What a bunch of cheapskates.

They are hedging their bets I'd imagine. Think about it, they only gave 20 million.

A billion is a thousand million, drop the zeroes from the #s and they tossed simply a 20 spot to someone when they had thousand(s) to spend.

Preparing to fail?

Derek

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
They are going to be asking for a refund when Romney loses.

Money would have been better spent toward some charity.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Wait, they are billionaires but only giving millions? What a bunch of cheapskates.

They are hedging their bets I'd imagine. Think about it, they only gave 20 million.

A billion is a thousand million, drop the zeroes from the #s and they tossed simply a 20 spot to someone when they had thousand(s) to spend.

Preparing to fail?

Derek

Only spend what you have to spend. It might be almost nothing to them, but to the people getting that money it's $20 mil. That's a lot of money whether the person giving it has billions or not.

IMO this is what's wrong with politics. How can any politician claim that they are not bought when the extremely wealthy are giving them such money? If they say it doesn't affect their policies when in power, how do they propose they retain that trust if they are shown not to give those doner's anything in return?

If an elected official doesn't provide their donors with perks, what's in it for the doner, a warm and fuzzy feeling? That doesn't sound like the actions and motivations of a capitalist now does it?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Viesczy

Preparing to fail?

Derek

Only spend what you have to spend. It might be almost nothing to them, but to the people getting that money it's $20 mil. That's a lot of money whether the person giving it has billions or not.

IMO this is what's wrong with politics. How can any politician claim that they are not bought when the extremely wealthy are giving them such money? If they say it doesn't affect their policies when in power, how do they propose they retain that trust if they are shown not to give those doner's anything in return?

If an elected official doesn't provide their donors with perks, what's in it for the doner, a warm and fuzzy feeling? That doesn't sound like the actions and motivations of a capitalist now does it?

I was actually just teasing any of the right leaning folks to see if they'd chime in... tongue in cheek is hard to do in the ole interweb.

Derek

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We have no vote. We have no candidate. The corporations have their vote and their candidate. Our candidate (Ron Paul) is ignored by corporate media.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
However most everyone still cannot seem to wake up. They wish to make excuses, call you unpatriotic, a traitor and the ridiculous comparisons to stay stuck in the self perpetuating lie.... like-

Be glad you dont live in Afghanistan-or- if you don't like it MOVE !!!!!

Its like me having cancer with 3 days to live and telling an aids patient down the hall with Leukemia with 3 weeks to live...Be grateful you aren't going to die in 3 days like me.

America-
Land of the Pod People

edit on 8-7-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
..that particularly BRUTAL form of SOUTHERN aristocracy...oh yeah....

It's at work...just a big ol plantation to some people.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Most if not ALL billionaires of the BIG-BUSINESS TYPE (NOT talking about celebrities, or sports players, etc) are the biggest [color=limegreen]SNAKES and DEVILS in this universe. These types of BASTARDS know which puppet party looks after them best at the EXPENSE of the REST of us...

edit on 8-7-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join