It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the greatest country?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Best Damn country on TV.

Takes a deep mind to understand what I said without me saying this.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Looking for a place to live outside the U.S.? It may sound all great and fuzzy...UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Lived a year in Spain, 6months in France, a cumulative two in Mexico.

again, I am well traveled, many of my college friends have become expats in search of jobs else where.

To each his own, I guess we all have different tolerances and taste.

I just don't get this fear of other countries many Americans seem to have, we are all just people.
edit on 30-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
The Best Bar None

Probably

Cran

Thanks for the laugh

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yeah right........I may be American and live here and I am patriotic but I know that this country is not anything to brag about. There is so much greed and deception here that it is ridiculous. Most people are out for themselves and they don't even realize they are. This is what we got. It's better than in many other countries. I don't agree with it but it could be a lot worse. I think people here are getting too spoiled. They need to be taught humility again. They don't listen when old people say how it used to be and are too naive to believe it can be that way again. We are just about due for a new Economy and changes in our government. I hope the next system is better than this mess.

Oh well, there's going to be an awakening very soon. We can't blame it on any party either, we can only blame it on the crazy people who said this kind of deception could work.
edit on 30-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Fear comes from ignorance of the unknown. Doing what I sometimes do...it kills me to see Americans be swayed my fear mongers who are in effect certain Media Corps. who prey on the poor and least educated of U.S. Citizens and use the conditions of a past that no longer exists...quiet streets where you do not have to lock your doors...a primarily Christian Population...Church sponsored Picnics where children played Baseball and Mothers had Baking Competitions and Men would talk about who had the best Grass and Trimmed Bushes around their homes.

Now this is still to this day a large part of Main Stream America...but the U.S. is a place where people from every country on Earth wish to move to live the American Dream. I have lived and am living this Dream and I have worked VERY HARD...as well as made some sacrifices...but by and large...the United States is becoming a Reflection of the Population of the World.

Some people see this as Dangerous or a Challenge to their way of life...but I see and KNOW it to be a STRENGTH! There is no greater defender of the U.S. than a person who has come from another country where they were persecuted and EUROPE...which contrary to popular belief...is supposedly so progressive...has their own Politicians Sending Orders to Police to Tear Down Immigrant Towns as they lack the Private Systems of Support which exist in the U.S. which were established by the first immigrants of a country to come here. As example...there is a Massive IRAQI population in Dearborn Michigan as well as around Detroit. They are of some of the fiercest defenders of the United States and help newcomers in many ways. In Paris it is ILLEGAL for a Woman to wear a VEIL!

The United States is one Hell of a Great Nation...faults and all...I would Die to protect it...and I almost have.
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Who IS #1?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

Ironically enough,soon it will be Germany.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

i love how they say other countries are more progressive

america invented progressive

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

i love how they say other countries are more progressive

america invented progressive

If you ever want to experience people who are IGNORANT of the UNKNOWN...go to France or Austria or a variety of European Countries that are SO PARANOID that their culture will be TAINTED by the influence of people from other Nations that for example...FRANCE has gone so far as to OFFICIALLY CHANGE THE NAME...E-MAIL to some other word in French. Their reasoning...to keep pure the Natural State of the French Language by protecting it from outside influences.

Another Group was heavy into PURIFICATION...they were led by a man who's name was HITLER and the group was called the NAZI PARTY!
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

Who IS #1?

The million dollar question no less.

And it's all relative to ones own measuring/filtering system.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Yes, and we here in the states during the Iraqi Invasion changed French Fries to Freedom Fries because they wouldn't fight or something. I think we also did something similar during WW2 but I could be wrong.

I don't see any difference myself.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Government is only part of the problem, the main problems stem from the economic system.

The government America, or any country has, is the result of it's economic system, not the other way around. Whoever has the economic power has control of the state. America, like most countries, has an economy controlled and manipulated by a minority class of private owners.

The state and government is supposed to serve the people, but unfortunately it serves private owners of industry, and the people come second.

Unfortunately people don't want to hear it, it's easier to just blame everything on the government. That is what they want, the government is the fall guy. They give us the illusion of change so that if we don't like what they're doing we think we can change it by voting, but the reality is nothing changes for the people. Workers are still exploited, we are still financing private owners with our labour. People are falling for the con-game that has been going on since the 1700's.

edit on 7/1/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thov420

In the taste of the French Fries or the FRENCH.

I come from a Military Family that has served in many Wars as well as lived and died in them. During WWII...the behavior of SOME of the French...not all...some French Resistance Fighters were brave souls who risked torture and violent Death....but there were OTHERS.

This group of French had no problem with the NAZI's...in fact...these French...themselves...rounded up all the JEWS living in France that they could find...turned them over to the Nazi's for disposal. This group of French also were more interested in saving their Grape Vines than caring who ruled their own country.

I want to make it clear that this was only one specific but LARGE group of French who helped run the Government of France for the Nazi's. In other areas of France such as the areas near OMAHA, UTAH, GOLD, JUNO and SWORD...the Five Normandy Beaches that U.S. Troops landed during Operation Overlord...also known as D-DAY...the French Towns have kept up Beautiful Cemeteries which contain many U.S. Soldiers Remains as well as ceremonies every year to mark the Landings.

But this Group of French known as the VICHY REGIME...which ran France for the Nazi's after declaring defeat and existed from JULY 1940 till August 1944...is a DISGRACE to the memories of all the brave French Resistance Fighters as well as a DISGUSTING DISPLAY of CAPITULATION.

Is the UNITED STATES THE GREATEST COUNTRY? YES. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Haha split, your are so deluded.

Research how the Americans funded hitler and the nazi regime. This is war by proxy, and a major false flag. They funded HItler, nuked Japanese civilians... twice, killed many polish (jews) then took the land belonging to Palestine and made a country in the name of the jews they killed. In the meanwhile they killed over 24 million chinese and over 34 million russians. Mainly civilians.

You see that the west took over the east and as we know no country accepts an occupying force. So when Hitler took over europe, the americans took it over him under the name of the League of nations or the United Nations. Plus all these countries are in debt to the bankers for they needed much to rebuild after the blitzkrieg.

Short history lesson Split, didnt want to make you look all patriotically foolish;.

Is america the greatest country? No and many of its people are uneducated, ignorant, vile and pathetic.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes we suck, everyone leave, please,
goodbye.

See my post on this topic on another thread.

edit on 103131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

America, the greatest country of overweight folks.

Guess again.
Obesity becoming a global problem

Canada and South Africa led in the percentage of overweight people, with an average BMI of 29 among both men and women in Canada and 29 among South African women.

In Northern Europe men had an average BMI of 27 and women 26 -- just into the overweight category. In southern Europe, the average BMI was 28. In Australia BMI was 28 for men and 27.5 for women while in Latin America the average BMI was just under 28.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Best Damn country on TV.

I gotcha m8.

Wave a Flag , Play a Anthem.

The Average American will mindlessly do anything you tell him too.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The Average American will mindlessly do anything you tell him too.

That's not true.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
america is one of the biggest mass murderers in history after the british empire so like USA is the greatest evil the world has seen.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Best Damn country on TV.

And guess who is controlling TV

you though that nukes were big bad ass weapons ?
TV is the biggest weapon of the illuminati

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"

But its hard for the good men to make the differences in a world of lies
its like saying to a kid that what he have been eating for the past week was crap
will he changes his habitutes because you say its not good ..
even if its crap it taste good and sweet for the kid
but once he realise the real ingredients .. it change everthing

edit on 7/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join