It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need smooth soup ideas (not chix) for a sick person.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
It's not only salt that's bad in most soups, it's the MSG.
It's very hard to find MSG free broths and canned soups where I live. It's best to make ones own broth but I understand that it's not readily available.

I love turmeric in soups, it's got great anti cancer proprieties.
If you need a bit more protein, I suggest to break open an egg in soup.

I've been hearing great things about turmeric lately. I used to make a tofu and veggie scramble with turmeric onion and fresh sliced ginger. It's really delicious. And I love your idea to break an egg in soup for more protein. It is fantastic. What could be easier and quicker? Thanks for responding!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by newcovenant

I take it you didn't want any chicken soup recipes so I am linking you one of my favorite clam chowder recipes. You can leave out what your friend might not be able to get down and also as for the potato's you can blend them up if need be with any of the other veggies. As for the clams, you can just use clam juice and leave out the clams themselves. All in all, I have never had a clam chowder as good as this!

Clam chowder

Yummy. DO NOT BOIL! This is definitely like a main dish soup. Sounds like a little work but probably worth the trouble. I could mash up the potatoes and like you say just use the juice. I might be able to blend clams with juice to puree them and add them in that way. I think she can swallow something as soft as a clam because she can eat egg salad. Delicious and thank you for this.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium
Sweet Potato, Chilli & Coriander cream soup is my favourite when im ill......

2 X Sweet potatoes
1 x Medium sized Onion
1 x Large Potato
2 x Tablespoons of chopped Coriander
1 x Large Carrot
1 x Parsnip (optional)
1 x Clove of garlic
1.5 x Litres of Chicken stock or veg stock
A splash of cream or half a cup of milk to whiten.
Salt & Pepper.
Half a small mild chilli deseeded

Roughly chop everything, add to stock, simmer for 45 mins ,Blend well , add coriander S&P and cream and maby a little more stock if its too thick.

Nutritious and tasty and very good for the blood,keeps for 3-4 days in fridge.
edit on 30-6-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

This is one of the most unique soups and one I am sure she's never heard of much less tried but I think I am going to try and make it because if she doesn't like it, at least she'll have tried something new and I will have a great soup for myself. So appreciative of all your ideas. These are exactly the types of unusual and different things I was hoping for.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by earthart
Roast some cauliflower in oven till soft and good and brown on top. Brown some onions and a bit of bacon slowly in a sauce pan.Pour off most all of grease leaving about a tablespoon in pan.Using swanson chicken stock/broth, cream or whole milk,(about 1/2 and 1/2 with chix stock and cream) salt and pepper. Heat all together. Put roasted cauliflower in blender add wet mixture (a little at a time to desired consistency) and spin away. Add more wet ingredients till it is a good soup consistency.
Enjoy Can do it with a mix of veggies or just different vegetables alone. Carrot and apple is good,broccolli, winter squashes work well also.

I love the cauliflower recipies.

Take the above recipie and to add a great twist, add a bit of crumbed gorgonzola cheese in the blender and whip until smoth, it'll make your mouth water.

Another comfort food I like is ground hamburger, add cream of mushroom soup with 1 cup of milk, served over whipped mashed potatoes. You can ground up the hamburger in a food processor so it's not too chunky.

The Gorgonzola added sounds great too. Trying to remember if she likes blue cheese, maybe more of a Velveeta girl so I am hoping I can talk benrl into going into the recipe box for his wife's potato soup with Velveeta and leeks. I like the meat and soup mix over mashed potatoes idea too. I think I could do a few combinations, ground pork maybe with a sweet and sour type soup over soft noodles or potatoes. They have cheddar cheese soup, and shrimp bisque's so I could get creative. Thanks for these ideas.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

G'day newcovenant

Plejaren health tips i use myself

google: Jim humble mms1
goto jimhumble.biz for info

buy on ebay Spirulina powder mix it with some rice milk bought in long life section at supermarket, spirulina is a true multivitamin the body can use, veg is no good now grown in same location

and to banish diabetes: on ebay buy Moringa Oleifera powder, make tea or use in cooking
use 70c degree water for tea so as not to loose the vitamins

buy in bulk alibaba.com from India but takes longer

ask your spirit to heal your body
ask your spirit to remember your dreams when you wake up

30min walk a day if possible

500mg vitamin c daily
men need zinc

search naturalnews.com

meditation is important for humans

walk on the grass 30 mins a day

sunshine for vitamin D

edit on 19-9-2012 by HiGilgamesh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join