It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extend editing time frame?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would like to ask if the editing time frame of only 4 hours could be more time allowed? Say 8 or 12 hours?
4 hours just isn't enough.
Even 5 hours would be helpful.

I realize it affects the flow of conversation, but considering we are in different time zones, I don't think it would affect it that much.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

The restriction is worse than you think.
When you edit a post, there is a message telling you how much time you've got left, and this counts down from "120 minutes". So apparently we only get two hours. (We frequently get threads on this when somebody notices the discrepancy)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by violet

The restriction is worse than you think.
When you edit a post, there is a message telling you how much time you've got left, and this counts down from "120 minutes". So apparently we only get two hours. (We frequently get threads on this when somebody notices the discrepancy)

Thanks for replying
I havent noticed the countdown. I usually come back a few hours later wanting to edit and see you have passed the maximum 4 hours. I just notice it keeps going down. It used to be more time.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
While I understand why the limit is in place, I would like to see a feature where an OP can continue adding at least links to the first post. Keep everything in one place and members new to the thread up to date.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why is there even a limit at all? Just curious.

new topics

top topics

join