It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

We are in the Mind of God, Dreaming of Exile

page: 2
9
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster
 


love the way you write, Nor'easter you are extremely gifted , and what you say is right from you current standpoint. None the less,perhaps another look would be beneficial "if you wish".
I like practical examples, imagine you are an individual cell inside a human body that has a certain lifespan. Also imagine that I am an individual cell inside that same human body.Every cell gets on with its individual role and daily work, some never even contemplate what they are doing or what they form part of. Lets say the cell known as Nor'easter is clearly interested via philosophy in finding the deeper meaning of life ( inclusive of his own life) After years of investigation and filtering through the work of great individual attempts to find that meaning, suddenly,somehow you discover that you live in this one body (known as a human individual). The first individual cell you meet is me ancientthunder and in your excitement you say to me "We are all one" The moment that you explain your realization to me, I laugh and say " Get Farkt, Ive got work to do and so have you."
Does the one remove that fact of individuality? Of course it doesn't and I assume that you know that as you have a great insight. As you say its hot where you are, not sure what part of the body called earth you reside in, down here in oz its cold!! Either way I'm easy with individuality and thank God for it. Gives us the taste of both worlds simultaneously.




posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In attempt to reconcile some of the oppositions to oneness expressed here, I will offer this:

In this very moment we do indeed find ourselves in the realm of forms, the world of duality. So that we are separated and differentiated is indeed true. However, we are also entangled in the continuous movement of causation of this entire universe. Everything is relative, in the strict physical sense. On another level, that realm of transcendence beyond form, we are indeed one but without relation. There is no object of comparison for the observer to relate itself about, so this oneness is a seamless expression of infinite potential. It is the unmanifest that contains any and every possibility, all archetypes that could ever be conceived; the zero-point with no circumference. It knows no bounds. It is manifold. It is the Tao. It is God.

So in conclusion, Both are True.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There is Positive energy and Negative energy, but both are ENERGY. ENERGY is everything. ENERGY is the Yin-Yang, but the label "Yin" and "Yang" is just the QUALITY of that energy. It is the same thing just different qualities.

One of these energies is inclusion and one is exclusive.

The Female Yin Energy, which is Darkness, it pulls, it takes, it separates.
The Male Yang Energy, which is Light, it pushes, it gives, it connects.

Notice how intercourse takes place with the Female and Male.

Notice how The Proton is considered Positive and The Electron is considered Negative, the Proton gives off the light.

The Moon is Female Energy, it RECEIVES from The Sun which GIVES the energy /light.

Since all things have these two energy, like a batter (+/-), each person has the Positive-Inclusive Energy which makes them feel WHOLE so that they can know that EVERYTHING is consciousness and they are a part of it, and the Negative-Exclusive Energy is what separates so that they can know that they are an INDIVIDUAL.


So in short, the yin and yang energies are helping to see yourself as an "individual" AND as a part of the "collect" whole humanity/planet/universe.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
[moreBeing the One, would seem to be boring, this is very disturbing to me sorry to say. It's kind of like being lost. i kind of know something but it does not seem to help, it was almost better it seems sometimes to not know and become lost in reality.
If I was the One it is almost like to explode and become lost in the the multiplicity.

At the Godhead there is no yin and yang only the One, but then again I am he who knows nothing.

As I sit here, I can hear a gentile, peaceful, whistling that, seems somehow soothing to my mind, but no one is whistling.

I this one called googolplex sits in limbo, having lost my freedom are bound by the Truth's of this reality, at some time point we all have to face the Truth, the dictates of this reality. some Truth's come easier than others, like a smile on someone's face. That is somethng you could happily go home with.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Something else I heard, the One sat in the Nothing and said I Am, ( as so it is said the word was fist to come ) for those who don't understand this would be God or as I like to say, The Creator, The One.

A interesting thought of from before, Yin and Yang, the Nothing and The Something, How big is the Nothing, it is neither large nor small and can not be measured for there is nothing there to measure.

But back to that other, from the point of I am, the point of everything, the Something, in that instant of realization all things occurred, time occurred, I Am, I have always been and will always be.

Well at this point, I seem to be getting very fearful, for so it seems if there is as I so simply pointed out, well even then if the Creator is within me and I within the Creator, then it would seem i am one of the Creations of the Creator, a creatures and I am truly humble before that which is and will always be.

Time to get down on your knees my brother and my sister, the Truth is before you as is before me, but not only the Truth is before you and I, but your Maker is very, very close.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
reply to post by NorEaster
 


love the way you write, Nor'easter you are extremely gifted , and what you say is right from you current standpoint. None the less,perhaps another look would be beneficial "if you wish".
I like practical examples, imagine you are an individual cell inside a human body that has a certain lifespan. Also imagine that I am an individual cell inside that same human body.Every cell gets on with its individual role and daily work, some never even contemplate what they are doing or what they form part of. Lets say the cell known as Nor'easter is clearly interested via philosophy in finding the deeper meaning of life ( inclusive of his own life) After years of investigation and filtering through the work of great individual attempts to find that meaning, suddenly,somehow you discover that you live in this one body (known as a human individual). The first individual cell you meet is me ancientthunder and in your excitement you say to me "We are all one" The moment that you explain your realization to me, I laugh and say " Get Farkt, Ive got work to do and so have you."
Does the one remove that fact of individuality? Of course it doesn't and I assume that you know that as you have a great insight. As you say its hot where you are, not sure what part of the body called earth you reside in, down here in oz its cold!! Either way I'm easy with individuality and thank God for it. Gives us the taste of both worlds simultaneously.


ah...holon theory. I embrace holon theory, and I agree that at a certain level (the corporeal level) we are all part of one over-arching umbrella event trajectory, but when the OP rails on about eliminating the holon role that I play within the larger holon that is the entire corporeal realm, he is trying to dismiss the fact that he and I are both identified holons (cells, in your example) that must remain unique and contributive within the larger holon (body, in your example) that is the cause-effect realm of the material (corporeal) due to the base nature of the cause-effect material realm. It's like the wet that exists within a glass of water. Relative identity is integral to this realm, and the proof is overwhelming.

My point being that any insistence that any one of us (holons or cells) can or should eliminate our identified holon nature is ludicrous, since a cell (as in your example) is no more able to eliminate its identity as a cell within the body than the OP (or anyone else, even if they have a video on YouTube with 10 million hits) is capable of eliminating his/her identity (or ego, for that matter). One can keep one's egotism from becoming a crippling issue, but one's ego IS the direct result of the development of the identity that grants holon status to each person (cell, in your example) that exists.

When the corporeal body dies, your identity persists by default ramification, but you'll learn that as a fact that cannot be disputed when you surrender your own body and brain to the inevitable. I don't see the point in debating that aspect of human existence here in this thread.

By the way, thank you for the kind words. "Gifted" may be a big stretch, but the graciousness is appreciated.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qi Maker
In attempt to reconcile some of the oppositions to oneness expressed here, I will offer this:

In this very moment we do indeed find ourselves in the realm of forms, the world of duality. So that we are separated and differentiated is indeed true. However, we are also entangled in the continuous movement of causation of this entire universe. Everything is relative, in the strict physical sense. On another level, that realm of transcendence beyond form, we are indeed one but without relation. There is no object of comparison for the observer to relate itself about, so this oneness is a seamless expression of infinite potential. It is the unmanifest that contains any and every possibility, all archetypes that could ever be conceived; the zero-point with no circumference. It knows no bounds. It is manifold. It is the Tao. It is God.

So in conclusion, Both are True.


My issue with the idea of oneness is that ramification is what brings the human being into existence, and it is what allows the human being to learn and develop. Oneness suggests that such ramification is not actually determinative, and if that's true, then this god that has fragmented itself has done so for no reason whatsoever, since there was never anything to be accomplished as a result of all this experience that could not have been accomplished without it - ramification being the basis of experience and the difference that experience grants the conscious perspective.

Basically, oneness contradicts its own base premise concerning WHY anything exists at all, and there's no way to effectively square that circle without dismissing reality, logic, impact, conscious existence and anything other than what some white haired guy on a YouTube video is chanting about. Frankly, I trust existential fundamentals a lot more than some guy is a tunic, even if he has 30 million YouTube hits.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
Something else I heard, the One sat in the Nothing and said I Am, ( as so it is said the word was fist to come ) for those who don't understand this would be God or as I like to say, The Creator, The One.

A interesting thought of from before, Yin and Yang, the Nothing and The Something, How big is the Nothing, it is neither large nor small and can not be measured for there is nothing there to measure.

But back to that other, from the point of I am, the point of everything, the Something, in that instant of realization all things occurred, time occurred, I Am, I have always been and will always be.

Well at this point, I seem to be getting very fearful, for so it seems if there is as I so simply pointed out, well even then if the Creator is within me and I within the Creator, then it would seem i am one of the Creations of the Creator, a creatures and I am truly humble before that which is and will always be.

Time to get down on your knees my brother and my sister, the Truth is before you as is before me, but not only the Truth is before you and I, but your Maker is very, very close.


The One sat in the Nothing and said "I AM"? You want to stay with that answer?

Seriously. How is there a One sitting if there is Nothing to sit in...whatever that even means. Are you talking about a literal absence of anything when you use the word (the term) Nothing, or is it a poetic metaphor that means "whatever it is that isn't The One" - which suggests that there never was a literal Nothing to begin with since The One is obviously Something - and a fairly substantial Something at that.

And how can it sit if it doesn't have an *ss to sit down upon - being "non-physical" as it would have to be if (as suspect you'll assert) this god thingy is free of any past, present or future, or even an instant of existential emergence?

Obviously, I'm not brilliant enough to comprehend this statement of yours as it stands, so can you please rephrase it in layman's terms so that perhaps I can become learned in what you're trying to share with us about this mystery and what it might mean for us all.

Thanks.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

edit on 1-7-2012 by SanAnselmo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster
 
I don't really understand this myself, with the exception of the fact, of my being here to write this. In part, the nothing was never not there, also because with out the perspective of the Something not even the Nothing would be present even in it, the emptiness, void.
So it would seem that as the Something the Creator, has always been and will always be, so has the Nothing, so it seems, one could not exist without the other.

In reference to Nothing, No thing, Space is not boundless so it seems, it is bound by The Nothing, there is No Thing in the Nothing. If there were substance to the Nothing then it would be Something. The Nothing as said is neither large nor small, it can not be given any limit's it can not be measured. Speaking in terms of a infinity, the Notning would meet all criteria.

The thing is that for anything, even that which is not even there. For it to be, ( or not be ) needs to have something there for it to be perceived it, even if the thing we speak of has no substance, but a word. But then even the nothing attains substance, if only in a word.

This is the ultimate paradox, the problem being is the we are living it, most only just accept all as being normal and never question existence, as it is so easy being brought up into it as normal. This is the real world, so most people think, and never question anything but their somewhat petty existence. What's on Tv tonight, what's for dinner, what you lookin at, Yea I'm bad, and so on.

Really in the end, I myself feel quit afraid, even though I fear nothing (joke), the real joke is I dared to look past the veil, behind the curtain. Things are not all as they seem,
I don't really know much NorEaster, but that what ever comes, we are living this. This is real for a time, so it seems
edit on 1-7-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I do not see the contradiction between those who speak of oneness and those who speak of individuality. That is me seeing it through my point of view, though. From my point of view, there is a 'oneness' that lacks any inherent nature, that manifests as every possible nature, or individuality. That is to say that the nature of the infinite forms of individuality is oneness, and the nature of the oneness is infinite forms of individuality. I also think things work the same at all scales. This works within the 'holon' theory as well. All 'individual' forms are composed of many smaller individual forms, and are grouped with many other same-scale individual forms as a larger whole, and so on, infinitely up and down in scale.



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 1   >>

log in

join