It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open call for ideas on future debates

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The staff has talked about this and we have a few ideas about the debates and the debate forum.

I will be putting up a thread about it tonight or tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Betcha your bunny gears are churning, aye?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by beezzer

Betcha your bunny gears are churning, aye?

Just call me "Thumper"

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Wait until they get a load of just who they'll be dealing with in that forum... I'm taking THAT day off so U2U me before you post!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
The staff has talked about this and we have a few ideas about the debates and the debate forum.

I will be putting up a thread about it tonight or tomorrow.

Wow, that was quick. Many thanks, and I, for one, will be looking forward to reading it.

(It's been pretty willy-nilly in here, but we've managed. The goal was to keep the debates rolling on, and to get more members interested in participating. Objective achieved, but we could use a bit more structure.....)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
double post

edit on 8/14/12 by Druid42 because: oops!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

"The Harbinger of Death?"

Worse?

I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

i did a paper in the spring for college about freedom of speech and internet censorship... lol... was an 8 page or so paper with full references and excellent thoughts!

anyone (Beezer or Vicky) wanting such info... especially if you believe in the censorship side of things. can throw out a U2U and I will upload it and send it!

edit on 14-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I think it'd be only fair if either both of us or none of us received it.

Thank you though.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Hey, nice to see you around again. Hope things are working out!

Cool topic, then, with added syncronicity!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I am kind of here... checking in some to pass out stars and flags to my freinds, even if I cant read everything...and trying to say hi from time to time...

things are going alright, could always be better, but currently a bit better than last week...besides, something else happened that is more than good... and this makes me happy no matter what else is happening!

Good can always overshadow the bad, and lets us know God is watching over us always!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

your welcome Beez... I just thought it was cool topic because I did that paper.... and i figured it may give some added thoughts to the topic, which because it was a college paper was at a higher level

but everyone is free to decline too...

you all may want to consider court cases such as Curley vs. NAMBA among other cases... just a hint for both!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Druid, give me a little while today to put up my first post I *just* saw this.. i need to prepare

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Take your time, and good luck!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Just to keep you guys abreast of what's happening.

The staff is committed to trying to get the debate forum back up and running with some changes to format and such to help with maybe getting more people involved. We are just discussing these changes at the moment and will be posting a thread abut it soon. I had planned on last night or today but there's a little more to discuss than originally thought.

We'd like to see a little more interaction happening in the forum and to have a few more people involved. Maybe even a new tourney but one that is smaller and a little more concise. Anyone who has seen the last few tourneys know they have failed for several reasons but failed none the less. We also want to quell this notion that the debate forum is somehow exclusive or elitist. There is a requirement for entry but it is none of the above..

We are working on it folks. A little patience with us.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

No worries! Thanks for the update.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the update. I'm interested to see what works out.....

If members may make suggestions, I'd make the posting reqs the same as RATS.

I'd also temporarily delay any consideration of a tourney of any sort until there's a nice compliment of regular posters here.

And finally, I'd like to keep the judging non-anonymous, and from the membership pool. (mods are also members, aye?). That just nicely rounds out the participation, imo.

Patiently awaiting the official decision.

ETA: posting reqs as Rats, plus "fighter" status.
edit on 8/15/12 by Druid42 because: added eta

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Thank you for the update!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

We will certainly be taking you folks ideas on board. It's going to take a little bit of work on all our parts but we should be able to get it moving forward soon. The tourney won't be soon. Like you said, we want a good compliment of participants in the forum before we go forward with it.

We appreciate any ideas you have and all will be considered. The staff, like yourselves, just want the forum to be vibrant and active. It is a good way to hone posting skills and maybe curb some of the less pleasant habits we all see on the boards.

Thanks again folks.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I don't want to speak for the others but in my case, I've kinda adopted this neglected little forum. It's a great excercise and aren't we all here to debate anyway?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join