It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open call for ideas on future debates

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Thank you for once again for serving as a judge in our debates. Your service is very much appreciated.

Interested in stepping down from the judging box and participating in a debate?
You've been up there for a while, aye?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Your congratulations are only a formality, as I think we both did an excellent job given the subject matter.

I think the format with the host worked well.

As do I. Then again, we were fortunate to have such an excellent host, and again, he set a prime example for the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by vkey08

Thank you for once again for serving as a judge in our debates. Your service is very much appreciated.

Interested in stepping down from the judging box and participating in a debate?
You've been up there for a while, aye?

Would love to be in a debate rather than sidelining it

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think both were great this last debate!

There was a thread started a while ago by my friend Domo about why debate threads weren't open to all. I tried to explain what this forum was all bout and encouraged him to join.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Got a topic? I'm more than willing to participate.

If not, I can post up a list of subjects to pick from.....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Domo1, of ATS?

I also wanted to thank you for being a judge as well. So far, it's going smoothly.

And adjensen, as well. Both of you are shining examples of what a volunteer judge should be.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Domo1, of ATS?

I also wanted to thank you for being a judge as well. So far, it's going smoothly.

And adjensen, as well. Both of you are shining examples of what a volunteer judge should be.

Yeah, ATS Domo1.

I'm trying to sell the debate forum because some may see it as a private thing and not realise that anyone (after 6 months) can join.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I think both were great this last debate!

There was a thread started a while ago by my friend Domo about why debate threads weren't open to all. I tried to explain what this forum was all bout and encouraged him to join.

Ah, found the thread in BBQ. Hmmm. Our current problem is that we have no mod assigned to grant fighter status, therefore alienating some members.

I've dispatched a u2u asking for advice.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't have any topics jumping out at me, any ideas?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm ready for a gritty down-to-earth bare knuckled debate.

Death penalty, anyone?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Corporal punishment.
Genetically modified foods.
Best Potus choice.
Is 2012 the end?
Does watching tv brainwash?

Any of those?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I will have to sit out the next round, on all levels. Leaving on Thursday to go fishing in Alaska for a week and a half, and I'm not sure what the Internet will be like. Maybe if someone has hooked up the bears with portable WIFI hotspots, but I'm guessing that the technology curve isn't quite there yet :-)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
How about a blind debate?

One person (the moderator) picks a topic for two opponents and picks the pro/con aspects as well.

Hmmm?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's original. I'd kinda like to see vkey08 involved in one, so if she agrees, I'll be more than happy to host it.

Also, I have confirmation that the staff is aware of our mod dilemma, and is working on a solution. Will be one or two days, but a solution IS forthcoming!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

That's original. I'd kinda like to see vkey08 involved in one, so if she agrees, I'll be more than happy to host it.

Also, I have confirmation that the staff is aware of our mod dilemma, and is working on a solution. Will be one or two days, but a solution IS forthcoming!

If you want to chair it, I'll be the other opponent.

Sounds kind of fun.

Not knowing and just relying on intellect.

(she'll kick my butt!
But it'll be fun
)
edit on 13-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

They do have internet in Alaska, you know.

Anyhoo, enjoy the fishing, and pop back in when you can.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Me likey the idea
Beez go for it I'm ready...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ok, the next debate will be a blind debate between vkey08 and beezzer. I'll volunteer to host it, and since it is a blind debate, I'll pick the topic (oh, hate me now!), and pick the pro and con positions.

I really like beezzer's idea, because it affords the host the same creativity the debaters have. (Honest, it will be a topic about something that affects our day to day lives, something both the debaters can relate to, and not something specialized, nor religious, nor too scientific.)

I have u2u'd a few members to assemble the judging panel, and as host I will also be a judge. I need two responses, and then the thread will be created.

(The others will serve as back-up judges, in case there's a situation that comes up for the members on the judging panel.)

After the debate is over, I'll u2u the judges to notify them it is time to judge. After the judging, it is open comments on the thread.

This particular debate, since it will be blind, will also be a unique trial debate in showing that the members who debate here are both flexible and courteous, and hopefully show the staff and owners that the debate forum, however slightly defunct, still functions as a whole.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Outstanding!!!!

Saw the thread and I'm ready!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
New debate posted.

The third judging spot is reserved for a tie-breaking decision. When another volunteer accepts, it'll be posted here.

Good luck to beezzer and vkey08.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join