It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naturalistic Spirituality Vs. Theistic Spirituality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
And 2,000 more years has given us what, in terms of evolution?

We have come very far in the last 2,000 years. As you know there were the dark ages. In B.C. they used to throw babies into the fire and also the cross was very popular, long after the dark ages they hung witches. In the 1990s there was a cross incident in the middle east, I think it was on the cover of a magazine, showing how barbaric we were. In the 2,000 we have come to face the unthinkable act of suicide bombers, it is different than king Herod killing every newborn under 2 years old in the city. There are places in the world finally that have full social communcation with no barriers between the public.

What if lust is a natural motivator, a hardwired incentive, for something greater? What if sex is a form of worship and divine experience? This would make sense, considering the Church has been known to demonize everything that threatens its status as the middle man of religion. If it does not require the authority of the Church, it is sacrilegious.

I think you are getting to something in my opinion. Our soul in the center of our body through consciousness + the subconscious readings our life. So one has to question that of euphoria. In lust I do not mean feeling that you want something you don't have, but that you can attain euphoria. It might be related to we going 40 days in the desert and eating thereafter.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I do think I'm understanding you correctly. Are you saying that in friendship you put another person before yourself, therefore you should do whatsoever they ask of you? What if all of your friends want different things and you can only choose to do what one says and leave all the other disappointed?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by greyer

I do think I'm understanding you correctly. Are you saying that in friendship you put another person before yourself, therefore you should do whatsoever they ask of you?

No I was talking about social situations. It is taught from the same teaching that you are not to put a person about yourself. You are digging to understand, which is exposing my personality - the person who weighs heavy on psychology as mentioned on this thread. We are talking about communication, in no way if you are to understand the individual psychologically should you let them take advantage of you - we do in fact live in a world where many people love to take advantage of others, like it is some kind of drug giving them a high. I love to love people and I am going to start waving my hands if they don't want to recognie love in the world, because it has come time that I have enough understanding to live by what is understood to be right.

What if all of your friends want different things and you can only choose to do what one says and leave all the other disappointed?

If you were in a group of friends and two of them were in an arguement because they wanted or thought something differently, I would just agree with both of them.
edit on 2-7-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

If you were in a group of friends and two of them were in an arguement because they wanted or thought something differently, I would just agree with both of them.

Similar to wanting both candies, so you buy one and steal the other. When you agree with two opposing forces, you have contradicted yourself and proven that not only is your view unreliable, but you are incapable of reconciling opposition without compromising the security of your own stance.

"I want the red car."

"I want the blue car."

"I like both of them."

You have successfully established that you are of no help in this situation, forcing them to continue their conflict instead of appealing to you for resolution. In the meantime, you continue to straddle the fence, preferring to watch the clash noncommittally. Where is the solution in this?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The Egg

See the link above, it is a beautiful story, and short enough even for our modern attention spans. I think it pretty much explains the Naturalistic view. We are all one and the same.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

reply to post by greyer

Similar to wanting both candies, so you buy one and steal the other. When you agree with two opposing forces, you have contradicted yourself and proven that not only is your view unreliable, but you are incapable of reconciling opposition without compromising the security of your own stance.

There are many 1,000s of seconds in the day for them to see that I am reliable in my mind and capable in my works. Remember that this is a small frame of communication, the majority of presence I am trying to impress them with my best actions.

It is your choice to go the other route, but if you gain a friend with a hot head, you will lead yourself down a negative path in communication eventually. In that case, it is your choice to argue with somone. The fact that you like to argue with people is very lowly in my opinion because it is was many of the world's population does - use emotions to control people. It goes against every rule written in the law book of love, a big waste of time.

You have successfully established that you are of no help in this situation, forcing them to continue their conflict instead of appealing to you for resolution. In the meantime, you continue to straddle the fence, preferring to watch the clash noncommittally. Where is the solution in this?

I conclude that positive energy remains and you provide negative energy gets created in your analysis. It is important that I do my beliefs and that I agree with others verbally no matter what I think. This is a teaching of Jesus I believe - to not have any fear in telling a person your opinion, but to not ever argue with someone. I am obviously in the place to say that love is more important than arguing based on what I have posted compared others challenging me to argue. It is the secret of all communication these days - people speak too much about what they think, and after hours of speaking one might slip when challenged. In the fact that you would verbally agree and take action, it would eliminate any change of negative brain energy to form in the person with opposed, it would also great something positive on top of the positive created before because after taking action the person would love you for it.

I acknowledge that some people do not want to be loved, and they don't hold emotional energy as something they respect.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I seen that beautiful story before. I know it sounds crazy because it seems too good to be true, but there is some truth in it.

"I want the red car."

"I want the blue car."

"I like both of them."

This is not exactly what I was talking about.

Imagine if you have 5 friends, all needing your help at the same time with the same problem, and because it takes long and it is time limited, you can only help one and leave the rest to suffer. What then?

Personally, I think I'd help the person I am LEAST close to, in order to get closer to them (in friendship).

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Both are just labels.

Find what resonates as truth in your soul, and that is what is right.

Nature, for me, is spiritual. Words written down by humans and passed down ad infinitum are not.

Also, these are not mutually exclusive options: there are some who believe that Nature (Earth) is alive and is God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join