It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last "Free" Place In america, Slab City USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Slab city USA is known as the "last free place in America" by it's residents of hippies, war veterans and just plain old weirdos. This place has NO laws, but the people seem to just use welfare. Take a look at that video, I think you guys might enjoy (it does contain some language though)
edit on 30-6-2012 by Seanwalsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

haha thanks, I thought i did it right.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There's also these folks living on the "Mesa"

It's a shame that as "free" as you can get in this day and age is surrounding yourself with lunatics in the middle of a wasteland.

If all that was done was the abolishment of property taxes and victimless/regulatory crimes we could actually be free to live how we choose and still be stable, healthy and productive members of society.
edit on 30-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thread with same video here, as well

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seanwalsh

I am from The Imperial Valley.. Not a bad place.. a little hot,, but hell look at the rest of the States today.. everywhere is HOT.. now that our jet stream has moved..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seanwalsh
www.youtube.com...

Slab city USA is known as the "last free place in America" by it's residents of hippies, war veterans and just plain old weirdos. This place has NO laws, but the people seem to just use welfare. Take a look at that video, I think you guys might enjoy (it does contain some language though)
edit on 30-6-2012 by Seanwalsh because: (no reason given)

retirees, snowbirds and people on social security far out number the hippies,and just plain old weirdos in the winter.

I don't know where you get the ideas that there are no laws. You can get run out of slab city quickly if you break the rules of the slabbers. Steal something and they will come after you.

if you are a RVer they have all the services you will need for off grid life and i have seen a number of RVs that have had slab city upgrades with wind and solar power system and they were far cheaper then you would get from a RV repair place.

slab city is a full service community,
www.slabcity.org...
www.thesunworks.com...

new topics

top topics

join