It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizzare fish with scary-looking teeth throw scare into lake community.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Those are some ugly fish.

And to tell you the truth I would be frightened to catch one on rod and reel

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I also remember seeing them on a TV show within the past few months. It was probably someone's pet they just tossed when it got to be too big. Those teeth are creepy, but its an amazing thing to catch!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just bought me a jon boat.

I am one step closer to going and catching one of these bad boys.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

WTH is that? I was freaked out enough to see fish with teeth that look human. I keep tropical fish but none of mine have teeth I can see very well. I'm actually getting out of the hobby after all my fish die someday, because I am sick of dealing with the havoc wrought on my equipment by all the power outages we keep having.

I don't know how easy it is to go after the morons who release their pet fish into the wild. It would probably be wiser to regulate the sellers. Where I live the economy hasn't been kind to independent LFS and there are not many left. Some are good at warning customers about the limitation of their setups in supporting certain species, but I've had plenty of situations where I had to go up to a fellow customer and warn them for example that the fish they were getting to clean algae in the tank would soon grow to fill their tank and prey on their other fish, because the seller was clearly banking on ignorance to make the sale.

Okay I did a web search and saw other articlescand pictures...the "face" is just markings and the fish's real eyes are normal and easily missed above those shocking face like markings.
edit on 1-7-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

Right....I looked into these a long while ago when I first saw that video. If I remember correctly (which I admit I could be mistaken because it was quite a long time ago I researched these) they are in a private pond, and are the result of selective breeding...The guy who bred them, just kept selecting ones with faces that looked somewhat human....and after many generations they became more and more human looking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join