It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Thats Strange, For Two Weeks in a [Row] Toronto Experienced a Heat Wave

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Unbelievable i have never, nor has Toronto Experienced something quite like this, its now Saturday since yesterday we had experienced a heat wave in a second week.

Last week we had a heat wave that lasted until sunday, and now another heat wave again on last week?


Source CTV
June 19/21
The last heat wave lasted until Friday and Saturday.

From the article.



on the plus side the mosquitoes have been virtually non existent this year though that may be because of the little rain we have had



edit on 30-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/7/12 by masqua because: Title edit for clarity




posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Watch out for forest fires! Something very wicked about them in the past years and it is only getting worse.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Two weeks in a week?
Holy crap!
That is strange!



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The heat must be buckling the space-time continuum.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We are in a drought here as well but still have some mosquitoes. They are tough, tough little creatures and that's probably why all the chemical spraying still hasn't wiped them out



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Down here in GA we are on day three of 100+ weather and it is looking to continue at least until July 4th weekend. Stay hydrated and be safe.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


What ??? Did you just say that Canada had two weeks in a week last week ?


I loved the comment about the heat affecting the space time continuim.
edit on 30-6-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i'm really having trouble deciphering the time line of the OP. i'm hoping he/she will come back and edit or explain it better. was the heat wave 2 weeks long? or was it a week and now expecting another week? no clue.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm sure he meant two weeks in a row, but the title sure gives new meaning to the term double time.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 
I have lived my whole life in Florida so I know what hot is. Last summer I spent a week in Toronto at this same time. It was as hot and miserable as central Florida during the peak of summer.

Do you remember that?

I loved the city, the sights and the people. I wish I had not brought the Florida heat with me though!



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy
 
I know your not from Florida. We got 3 days of good rain from that tropical storm. at least most of us did.
Everything is green a growing like crazy!



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


Seems I've read a lot about the north pole moving toward Russia and my Husband being from Saskatchewan told me that around Regina used to be a tropical zone. Is it possible you're getting heat waves due to the pole migration? I bet in your area's history, the weather was much more temperate back in time somewhere. it possibly headed back toward that now maybe? It seems a pole migration on the earth would also be cyclic like the earth's wobble as it spins around the sun. But the pole migration happens at a far slower rate so we wouldn't notice it as easily.
To quote from a NASA article:"The magnetic field waxes and wanes, poles drift and, occasionally, flip. Change is normal, they've learned. And no wonder. The source of the field, the outer core, is itself seething, swirling, turbulent. "It's chaotic down there," notes Glatzmaier. The changes we detect on our planet's surface are a sign of that inner chaos."

This activity would also cause the tectonic plate movement to speed up in certain areas to realign magnetically.

Some links to explain what I mean:
www.nasa.gov...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.royalsocietyofwa.com...



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82
 


Kind of like the way that Steve Martin explained time spent with Bernadette Peters in The Jerk. The first week felt like two weeks but the second week felt more like a few hours.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opportunia
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


Seems I've read a lot about the north pole moving toward Russia and my Husband being from Saskatchewan told me that around Regina used to be a tropical zone. Is it possible you're getting heat waves due to the pole migration? I bet in your area's history, the weather was much more temperate back in time somewhere. it possibly headed back toward that now maybe? It seems a pole migration on the earth would also be cyclic like the earth's wobble as it spins around the sun. But the pole migration happens at a far slower rate so we wouldn't notice it as easily.
To quote from a NASA article:"The magnetic field waxes and wanes, poles drift and, occasionally, flip. Change is normal, they've learned. And no wonder. The source of the field, the outer core, is itself seething, swirling, turbulent. "It's chaotic down there," notes Glatzmaier. The changes we detect on our planet's surface are a sign of that inner chaos."

This activity would also cause the tectonic plate movement to speed up in certain areas to realign magnetically.

Some links to explain what I mean:
www.nasa.gov...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.royalsocietyofwa.com...



Yes indeed, it could be all of that and more but I think, perhaps its because its summer. I could be wrong I admit that but I dont think I am.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
I'm sure he meant two weeks in a row, but the title sure gives new meaning to the term double time.


Thank you thats what i meant two weeks in row.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Really, I must be getting used to it. Not even bothersome to me. Spent three hours at the park yesterday afternoon with my daughter and not even a hint of sunburn either. It was summer hot but not crazy. Sometimes I think the weather network blows it all up out of proportion.

The difference between 100 degrees in Toronto and 100 degree in Texas or Florida is they wake up to 100 degrees. We get it for 10 minutes at 4 pm. Not the same comparison really.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Sek82
I'm sure he meant two weeks in a row, but the title sure gives new meaning to the term double time.


Thank you thats what i meant two weeks in row.


i was more thrown off by the content of your post but i "get" two weeks in a row.

the climate is changing and things being different is what we are going to have to expect from now on.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't know how old you are but I lived in Mississauga and Toronto through the 1980's and we had many long periods in the Summer where the temperature was in the 30C's,and humid with it.
Sure get the extremes there -25C in the Winter when I was there too. Thats why Ieft.

Why are you talking in F?
Canada went metric in 1975


2.9C here where I live now, and frost on the ground.



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by jeantherapy
 
I know your not from Florida. We got 3 days of good rain from that tropical storm. at least most of us did.
Everything is green a growing like crazy!




Wisconsin, usually it isn't until mid August that our grass looks so brown. Local communities are discussing cancelling fireworks displays next month. I was in Montana for two weeks at the end of May begin June and it rained everyday, I got sick of it. I miss it now!



posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy
 
In 1998 most of Florida, if not all, was in a severe drought and heat wave. At this same time in 1998, give or take a day or two Brevard and Volusia counties burned. The entire county of Volusia was put under mandatory evacutation the same with large chunks of North Brevard. I-95 was completely closed to traffic in both Brevard county and Volusia.This type of thing had never happened before, I know I had grown up in those parts.
I was a Firefighter (still am) in Brevard and we stayed up and fought wildfires and protected homes for 24 hours straight until we finally got a break. There were times when I told my partner, in my usual dry humor "this must be what the end of the world is like" things exploding, helicopters dropping water on us, law enforcement and other firefighters screaming and hollering for "backup" and "extra units", people driving all crazy with the most real look of wide eyed terror and panic you or i have ever seen
.
The event was called "Firestorm '98"
on July 1 it rained pretty much for 3 days straight. The drought was over all fires were finally out. Everyone got a week long past to Disney World and an offical "Thank you Firefighter" pin to wear while we visited. (I took my wife and kids) They got in for free too!

Here it is 2012 all the lakes are full. All the grass & trees are green, relitively low humidity and nice temperatures (sort of) Everything is great! (except Disney is charging regular admission)
Next year who knows

One thing I do know......I aint as young as I used to be


P.S. I don't know why I went on so long

edit on 30-6-2012 by grubblesnert because: little something

edit on 30-6-2012 by grubblesnert because: little more



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join