It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans say they are moving to Canada because......

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk
reply to post by CALGARIAN

# it americans, stay in your damn country...

our country is already #ed as it is.... we dont need more fatty coming to worsen our already #ed up country...

america is this world plague... stay in your forsaken country and fix it, then talk about moving elsewhere...

Now Now Skywalk, that is not very Canadian of you.

We should take the Republicans and give them their very own special little place... I like to call it Prince of Wales Island. (72, -98). This is, of course, for their own protection
However, Republicans with proven critical thinking skills and an understanding of "shades of grey", compromise, humility and compassion will be allowed to mingle with the rest of society.

Happy Canada Day, btw

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You Democrats are complete idiots. The real conspiracy is you and the left wing media spreading more lies. It is very sad that we now base "news" and "facts" based on what some twitter followers say or what some facebooks people post. It is really ridiculous with the bogus cherry picking of "stories". This is not a conspiracy or issue . It is just lies. Heres a fact for you. I and 50 of my closet family and republican friends are not moving to Canada and never will say that so there.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by volcom2308

Is there anything, I mean "anything," we could do to get you to change your minds? If so, please let us know because I'm sure that we could reach some kind of a compromise that may make it easier for you.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by dannyb570
I don't know why you would abandon ship we still have our 2nd amendment so america is still fixable!

I'm all for the right to bear arms....not really crazy about people bearing semi-automatic assault weapons though. When the constitution was written, all the "arms" were muzzle loaded rifles, not ak-47's.
but still....let everyone bear arms.... just put a limit on ammunition, problem solved! It's a little harder to make re-loads for self exploading/directed ammuntion then it is to make reloads for a hunting rifle.

No bullets= no threat! ... folks can have all the hunting ammo they want, all the target ammo they want, just not ammo for the automatic assault weapons. Problem solved.

Interesting. By that very same tolken then the first amendment applies only to quill pens and manual printing press?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Iran is an oligarcy that defies all conservative principles of limited government

Republicans have turned America into an Oligarchy, so what's the difference??

They have? Nanvy Peolosi and her buddies are not exactly poor. There is a 80K doller a couple campagin dinner at Sarah Jessica Parker's place--that's going to be filled with the downtrodden I'm sure.

The republicans did not make the us an oligarcy and it is not one yet, but the leftist elite sure as hell is trying.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowsnow
You guys do realize the left right paradigm (and all other labels) are a divide and conquer technique for the slow people? Intelligent people use rational critical thinking, and don't let a label think for them.

This health care bill is horrible. It changes the relationship between the government and the citizen. And is a financial nightmare that will complete the controlled financial collapse of America. On top of being the largest tax increase ever.

www.zerohedge.com...

Is it bigger than the Reagan increase??
Or that MAJOR increase of Bush Sr after he said "read my lips, no new taxes", then had the biggest increase in history?

That tax increase cost Bush Sr the re-election and it should cost the current president the re-election as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It is interesting that a place (Iran) that seems to live within the framework they promote is a place they claim is evil and should be destroyed or controlled.

Maybe their over all belief system is the problem.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If you,re really Canadian, OP, you should know that the healthcare system in Canada is a paradise compared to the completely despotic and exploitative system that Obamacare is.

Are you forced into having a private health and life insurance in Canada? No.

Are you being forced to deal with State-backed doctors and clinics? No.

Are they taking your taxes for healthcare? Yep... but it's in the Constitution that the government is mandated to offer this service.

So the comparison between the two system is completely irrelevant. People who are bitching about the Canadian system are dumb, because aside from some European countries, it's the best damn service we can have for "free"!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide
I say,et the republicans come. Then we'd have illegal aliens! It's like, republicans could be Canada's Mexicans!!

That's a reality show that I would actually watch!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

I don't know why you would abandon ship we still have our 2nd amendment so america is still fixable!

I'm all for the right to bear arms....not really crazy about people bearing semi-automatic assault weapons though. When the constitution was written, all the "arms" were muzzle loaded rifles, not ak-47's.
but still....let everyone bear arms.... just put a limit on ammunition, problem solved! It's a little harder to make re-loads for self exploading/directed ammuntion then it is to make reloads for a hunting rifle.

No bullets= no threat! ... folks can have all the hunting ammo they want, all the target ammo they want, just not ammo for the automatic assault weapons. Problem solved.

Interesting. By that very same tolken then the first amendment applies only to quill pens and manual printing press?

yup, so the paparazzi and the national enquirer aren't covered

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
It is interesting that a place (Iran) that seems to live within the framework they promote is a place they claim is evil and should be destroyed or controlled.

Maybe their over all belief system is the problem.

They refuse to see that though

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
All that 'free' healthcare costs a bunch when it comes to buying goods and services. Other than the expense ... it's a nice place. (except Quebec ... that's like a whole different country ... really snooty people there).

You'd better stay at home, then. My Canada includes Quebec...and I relish the French component of our national identity. And yes, some goods are more expensive...but I wouldn't trade being cured of cancer for $32 out of pocket (accumulated parking fees), for cheap Hostess Real Fruit Fruit Pies. Plus the fact that we are not being thrown out of our homes because of banking practices that would have American bankers jailed up here. A gift to the country, I might add, from the previous Liberal government. Our right wingers fought against the measures and are now taking credit for the resulting solvency.

Just the same...Happy Canada Day, everybody!
edit on 1-7-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
By the way, to people who say this hyperbole bs:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

When the Constitution was passed, a musket was an assault weapon.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting or target shooting, but maintaining the ability to revolt against an oppressive government. The Battles of Lexington and Concord were fought because of the government's attempt at gun control.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join