It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans say they are moving to Canada because......

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Pretty valid point. I had to re-read this after I thought they meant the U.S.

(MODS please move this thread accordingly. Sorry)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Indeed, though Obamacare fails to be 'Socialized'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Claiming one shall move to Canada to get away from 'socialized Medicine' is true ignorance

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Awesome, Now if only we can get the Democrats to leave too...

Maybe we can get this country back on track.

edit on 30-6-2012 by watchitburn because: campaign plug

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Back before Obama, the dumb-ass Bush/Cheney years made me want to move to Canada.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Claiming one shall move to Canada to get away from 'socialized Medicine' is true ignorance
I don't proudly dub it "The Great Pink North" fer nuthin'!

Hey, maybe the uber-homophobic closet queens among them can finally come out and git hitched! That would likely make them easier to get along with.

C'mon up...we'll leave a light on.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wait? Some conservatives are actually threatening to move to Canada? I can just imagine their outrage if they move to Quebec. The first sign they see in french will cause their blood pressure to spike.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Love it!

Who's Moving to Canada?

Five Cringe-worthy GOP Reactions to ObamaCare Ruling

1. Comparing the ruling to 9/11
2. Comparing Obama to an America-hating vampire
3. Offering over-the-top predictions of doom
4. Delegitimizing the Supreme Court
5. Eviscerating John Roberts

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Every time we (in the US) don't like something, we threaten to move to Canada!
I bet you guys get really tired of hearing that, especially when 98% of the time, we're blowing smoke.

We're just so glad that you're there for us.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Anyway, medicine should always be socialized...
I mean, do you really trust treatments that create profits until the patient is cured?

Sick people should be a burden on society and we should work together to "fix" people ASAP

Another thing, Canadians are more so leftists than Americans so I hope you keep your republicans.
I rather have illegal Mexicans, at least they work hard and are mostly generous.
edit on 30-6-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I get so tired of hearing this. Everytime the government does something the opposing political party says they'll move out of the United States.

Yet nobody ever moves out.

Gee, i wonder why.

I hate hyperbole and knee jerk reactions to no end.

link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Wait? Some conservatives are actually threatening to move to Canada? I can just imagine their outrage if they move to Quebec. The first sign they see in french will cause their blood pressure to spike.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

Either law 101 will heighten their blood pressure or poutine.

link   
They are?

I suppose they want to make corporations people in Canada too. Then Mexico can follow, allowing for all of North America to have corporations as people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sure. Come to Canada. Got everything you need. We have higher taxes. PC society, see the bureaucratic Human Rights Tribunals . No 2nd Amendment. Everything an American needs.
You'd like the totalitarian way our PM runs the country though.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Perhaps I missed it, where are the Republicans who say they are going to move to canada?

ETA: oh, i see. some idiots on twitter.
edit on 30-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Love it!
Every time we (in the US) don't like something, we threaten to move to Canada!
I bet you guys get really tired of hearing that, especially when 98% of the time, we're blowing smoke.

We're just so glad that you're there for us.

Hey...make Beer, not War, eh?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There is only one thing to say to people who would rather run than try to change things by going through the system.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Pretty valid point. I had to re-read this after I thought they meant the U.S.

(MODS please move this thread accordingly. Sorry)

Not quite a valid point as Iran is an oligarcy that defies all conservative principles of limited government. A few cherry picked items does not a valid point make. I actually ahve not heard about consirvatives say anything about moving to another country onlike ht eliberals when Bush won his second term (although most of them did not move like they said they would). The US is still the best country in the world and we need to stay here and make it better and make it once agian that "shining city on the hill."

THe few who make comments like that are most likely voicing some frustration but I doubt that it is ment seriously.
edit on 30-6-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
Anyway, medicine should always be socialized...
I mean, do you really trust treatments that create profits until the patient is cured?

Sick people should be a burden on society and we should work together to "fix" people ASAP

Another thing, Canadians are more so leftists than Americans so I hope you keep your republicans.
I rather have illegal Mexicans, at least they work hard and are mostly generous.
edit on 30-6-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

Actually, hte US has produced the most innovation and breakthrough in medicine in the world. It is success that brings profit to drug companies. I find it nteresting that one does not trust a company to work hard to find a cure for cancer and the amazing profit that will come from that cure but trust the government bureaucrats that get paid regardless if you live and die and are pushed to give you the least care possible.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think that's a great idea!!! Let's take up a collection to help them with moving expenses!!!... one-way of course!!

...oh, and DEFINITELY videotape it!! It would actually make a great reality show!

LOL ohhhhh how I'd love to see them actually keep those threats/promises, it would be HILLARIOUS!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't know why you would abandon ship we still have our 2nd amendment so america is still fixable!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join