It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 day Enlightenment exercise. Step 1, shift into Awareness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

There appears to be two things. The seen (scene) and the seer, however they cannot appear separate.
The seer (awareness) sees the scene (existence).
In reality two things do not appear, only the present appearance is appearing, this appearance is knowing itself.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, they appear to have a difference but in essence are the same. The seen is really the seer as well, and the seer is really existence too. The same thing with different -what-seems-to-be qualities.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

"If you looked into that place you all fear you would see me looking back at you."-Paul
"For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!"-Alia
Sorry I couldn't resist....I'm a Dune nerd

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Yes, they appear to have a difference but in essence are the same. The seen is really the seer as well, and the seer is really existence too. The same thing with different -what-seems-to-be qualities.

Only the seeing can be said to be true. Existence (what is seen) is transitory, ever changing.
The awareness (the seer) is constant (in your experience), you are always present to see and hear what is occuring. What is occuring is moving, changing, never the same, what you see and experience is the changing colors, the changing noises, the changing thoughts and feelings, changing hair, changing (ageing) body, leaves appearing on trees, leaves falling off trees. Every 'thing' is changing except the seer (awareness).
Only something that is constant and always the same can be said to be real.

However with that said, existence (the seen/scene) cannot be without the seer so are of the same essence-they are one. If one gets lost in the illusion of light (lucifer)- the seen/scene (the world of 'things'), one suffers.
One must turn toward the seer and go toward home to be free from the world of suffering. Renounce the world and return to source, look to find the seer within.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by arpgme

Only the seeing can be said to be true. Existence (what is seen) is transitory, ever changing.
The awareness (the seer) is constant (in your experience), you are always present to see and hear what is occuring.

Unless there is no "seer" the "seer" is also existence. Existence is ALL (What sees and what is seen). This is why I said that they are both the same thing in essence.

I'm happy I found this thread again. I tried it, but then I "lost" consciousness so now I have to try again.

I have another question, wouldn't this "awareness" chain you even more to the physical world?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You say 'unless there is no seer'. Is seeing not happening? Is knowing not happening?
To me this is the most basic fact. When it is realized that seeing and knowing is happening then turn the attention to what is it that is seeing and knowing. Then keep the attention on that. You are that - the everpresent awareness.
Humans don't usually look at the awareness they usually look 'out' at things in the world, they are dazzled and blinded by the world of things. It is only when the attention is turned toward awareness that true peace can be known.
Renounce the world by realizing that the world is no more than what you think about it. The thoughts that appear in awareness tell you what the world is like, but those thoughts are just thoughts appearing presently in awareness. If there was no awareness where would the thoughts appear? Thought cannot be without awareness.
'The world' is never experienced. Has anyone ever known 'the world'? You have heard and learned about 'the world' but have you really experienced 'the world'? 'The world' is no more than a bunch of ideas you have about it, 'the world' is a concept - it has no reality.
The real is what is seeing and knowing and everpresent and if you can recognize this you will know you are not of this world.
You are the watcher, the witness, the audience, the seer.
The rest is just a movie for your viewing pleasure.

It's just a movie:
youtu.be...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join