It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely Rare Colour pictures of Babe Ruth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Colour pictures of American Icon Babe Ruth

Ralph Morse was there to capture that special moment George Herman Jr returned to his former glory, photographing the great man in stunning images that have never before been seen.

Unpublished: Mr Ruth in the locker room at Yankee Stadium, June 13, 1948, the day his No. 3 was retired

Unseen pictures of Babe Ruth
Some more on link
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cran

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
WOW!

Thank you for sharing! Love it!

peace

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Interesting that a UK paper would bother to post this article, didn't know he was so well known in places that are not baseball nations, though perhaps he's legendary the way Pele is even in the U.S. (though we play a lot more soccer here than Brits play baseball there). I couldn't even begin to name a single cricket legend, not one single player ever, yet cricket is avidly followed by probably more than a billion people worldwide (largely thanks to India and Pakistan, where it is a major sport as well).

Having grown up in Baltimore, Babe Ruth's home town, I knew two kids who were supposedly his grand nephews or great grand nephews, or something. The younger brother was a very talented baseball player, the older brother pretty average. Their father had played in the minor leagues, I think making it to AAA ball.

Funny, I always thought Babe Ruth (and the whole world back then) existed only black and white.

edit on 6/30/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Here is a little vid explaining some things about the pictures. might be relevant

Thanks for the thread, i was ready for something light.

new topics

top topics

join