It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Mods live in Australia?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey all,

Just viewing another thread, and on there it was said that we have staff from right here in Australia.

Just was wondering who? The only one I know of closest to our great land is Alien, the Super Mod from NZ.

Do we have any other Mods or staff from our great brown land or nearby? Just curious.

edit on 30-6-2012 by 74Templar because: changed title

edit on 30-6-2012 by 74Templar because: ETA

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Yeah Templar is right, on the thread www.abovetopsecret.com... it was said that there are Australian mods, yet I have never seen one?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Zazzafrazz was a mod for all of about 5 minutes a while back lol.

She's near me in Sydney from memory. Apart from that I too would be interested in knowing....although methinks Alien may be the only one (yeah he's Kiwi but their basically Aussies
- crap I'm gunna have to run away now aren't I
)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Zazzafrazz was a mod for all of about 5 minutes a while back lol.

She's near me in Sydney from memory. Apart from that I too would be interested in knowing....although methinks Alien may be the only one (yeah he's Kiwi but their basically Aussies
- crap I'm gunna have to run away now aren't I
)

Lmao its true anyway, but really if there isn't an Aussie mod then shouldn't we be pushing for one? How do you become a mod anyway?
edit on 30-6-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

You get asked by staff. If you ask, you don't get. I was just more curious than anything to see. Many of the Mods I know are either in the US or UK, with some in Sth Africa and Canada (that I know of).

It doesn't bother me if we don't have an Aussie representative on staff, I was just curious after that comment to see if we have any Mods or staff nearby.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Oh ok, well I thought you would make a good mod Templar.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yeah you get asked, don't bother asking them or you'll be disappointed by the answer.

The way I think it happens (I'm just guessing here) is that admin and mods make suggestions for a candidate list - then each candidate's history is scrutinised and after unsuitables are whittled away they then take a vote on say 5. Those people are then asked if they would like to become mods and if they refuse then that's that, but if not then they become brand new mods that we all have to buy a cake for.

Yes, cake.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If I'm correct there are at least two mods from Australia. Out of respect for their privacy, I will not reveal who they are. If they want to raise their hands and confess, I'll leave it up to them.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Countries represented by staff...

Canada, America, England, Scotland, Portugal, Norway/Denmark, Germany, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Aruba, Cayman Islands.

Who's who?

Can't give everything away.

edit on 30-6-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Actually I think I know who you are talking of, but in case I'm wrong I'll also keep my trap shut until they raise their hands!

link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

OK thanks. It is nice to know we have Australian representatives on staff, and I hope they do come forth and reveal themselves, it would be kinda cool

link   
reply to post by Kryties

Ok thanks for clearing that up, well I guess I will never be a mod then

link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I thought you were from the Moon?

Heh.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

At the moment I'm happy just being a Writer and a member. If they asked me? Not sure, it would be something to consider, although I have heard a few horror stories from Mods that would make me think twice about it. Besides, with under a thousand posts, I don't think I would be up for consideration anytime soon. Although, in my favour is I spend too much damn time here....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Countries represented by staff...

Canada, America, England, Scotland, Portugal, Norway/Denmark, Germany, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Aruba, Cayman Islands.

Who's who?

Can't give everything away.

edit on 30-6-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

OK, I have about half that list covered. Scotland, Norway, Germany and Australia, not covered.

Looks like I have some sleuthing to do....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
Although, in my favour is I spend too much damn time here....

I am going to admit something here. Apart from the occasional restart to unclog resources, ATS has been a permanently open TAB on my Firefox now since shortly after I joined over 4 years ago. All other webpages come and go, but the trusty old MyATS page is always there hehe.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

How can I check how many posts I have?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it I have 671 posts, 839 stars and ONE applause. YAY for me

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

P = Post count
F = Flag count
S = Star count
W = WATS rating (Way AboveTopSecret)
K = Karma rating

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Cheers I never knew that but what does the rank and karma thing mean?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

To be 100% honest I used to know but I can't fully remember. I am fairly sure the WATS has to do with access to the RATS forum (Really AboveTopSecret) and also your relative ranking on ATS, and the Karma is just a fancy rating system with a complex math equation behind it.

I could be completely wrong though, I am sure there is a thread on ATS somewhere which clarifies this.....I'll take a looksie....
edit on 30/6/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join