It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: New Anti-Spyware Law Passed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorduh
It's about time! Spyware just reeks. 399 to 1? I wonder who the I love spyware congressman is?

doctorduh

Rep. Ron Paul Republican Texas let him know what you think

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Not for nothing, but I just read in Playboy (yes, I read the articles) about four people who just got jail time for sending out spyware and other spam. Good to see laws in effect. If anyone cares I'll try to find the article and get some particulars of the case.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The safe mode way is a little outdated, you can use a little app called :
DeLLater, you have to use it in ms-dos though.

Ask me if you need a little Ms-dos tutorial

S4E

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I haven't got a chance to try the programs out yet, but I've heard great things about www.aumha.org

They provide a complete list of programs designed to track all types of spyware and it's all free.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
They can pass all the laws they want to, nothing will stop our internet accesses from being monitored. Every crime has a law, and every law has a loophole. And you probably unknowingly agree to give information out when you click "okay" on some of those pop-ups without reading what it's about. Or maybe you did read it, but didn't understand it because they conveniently worded it so that you don't understand that you just agreed to let them download your internet browser's history and such. Or how about those "Windows Update" things that pop up? Those are suspicious, eh? And every time you have to Ctrl+Alt+Dlt and it asks you if you want to "send them information"?

[edit on 27-11-2004 by an3rkist]

S4E

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist---Or how about those "Windows Update" things that pop up? Those are suspicious, eh? And every time you have to Ctrl+Alt+Dlt and it asks you if you want to "send them information"?

The thing I love the most is supposedly my system is completely free of spyware, according to a $30 piece of software I bought and Norton ($90).

However, when I hit Ctrl + Alt + Del, I have 40 or more processes running at all times. I'm multi-tasking now with about 9 programs, but I know what a computer should run before starting programs - around 20 to 25. My computer is CONSTANTLY running 40 or more - it runs Ok but I know its lagging a bit.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
new anti spyware law eh?

one real player update, coming soon to a puter near you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join