It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Been A Hell of a Ride Folks!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Enjoy it while you can.

Colorado is burning to the ground, while Florida is drowning. Related? Absolutely. All of these extreme events are related.

Guy McPherson posits a seriously doomed scenario (human extinction) in less then 18 years. Essentially, this is simply an updated timeline that takes into account the latest science and information.

After reading this, I spent then next several days reading up on the Arctic situation. I’ve come away with a very, very scary outlook. What’s happening up there is far worse then the rest of us seem to be aware of.

human extinctionThe significance of this is not lost on me. We are facing catastrophic collapse of a habitable environment in our lifetimes. If you are under 60, there is a high likelihood you will experience this.

Forget dumping this problem on your kids or on your grandchildren. If they’re ever around, yes — they’re going to absolutely hate us for what we’ve done and what we’ve failed to do, but I expect that there is a high probability that they won’t be here anyway. The destabilization of the planetary climate is well underway right now, leading to an environmental collapse heretofore almost completely unacknowledged as a very real possibility.

The only thing “different” that I’ve seen so far about this latest assessment is the time, moving the timeline up by 75 years or so (sooner). As in 2015 – 2030. Extinction is not an instant event (usually), but will take a generation to accomplish.

What most don’t know is YOU could very well be “that generation”.

—————

Here’s what I think is going on:

“Chemtrails”are being used, primarily in the Northern Hemisphere, to reflect solar radiation back into space in attempt to cool the planet. Working outside today, in perfect blue skies, I saw the jets flying, almost in formation, each picking their path, coming only minutes after each other. In a matter of minutes, hazy skies from horizon to horizon. Then – hours later, the skies cleared (and there were no jets). Eventually I saw 1 more passenger liner with a normal contrail that disappeared in mere seconds. I’ve seen this a thousand times.

Immediately after 9/11, all airliner traffic was stopped for 3 days. Temperatures rose 1 C in just three days. This may not seem like much, but it’s actually quite huge in just three days. The significance is what happens when all airliner traffic stops? Aerosols have a huge impact upon solar radiation, and solar radiance is now down 30%. That goes up, very quickly when the planes stop flying.

The high northern latitudes are heating up fast — really fast. Some places are 50 – 60 F degrees higher then normal right now. There is a very high likelihood summer polar ice will be gone by 2015 or even sooner in the Arctic. This will lead to more open ocean / higher warming effects / faster melting of the polar ice caps (landmass). They’ve been trying to control this with atmospheric manipulation for years now. It’s helped, but only a little.

A stupendously huge methane release was detected in 2010. At any minute now, 1 gigaton or more methane could be suddenly released into the atmosphere (this is 100 times more potent then carbon dioxide and would exceed an entire year’s emissions triggering rapid runaway climate change effects and events). Runaway climate change would result in very rapid warming, making most, if not all of the entire planet unlivable very quickly (perhaps 10 – 20 years). This is titled “Global Extinction within one Human Lifetime as a Result of a Spreading Atmospheric Arctic Methane Heat wave and Surface Firestorm“.

Life (human, animal, plants) cannot survive wet-bulb temperatures of 95 degrees or more. The latest temperature increase predicted by climate scientists will exceed this. Current evaporation rates with higher temperatures are leading to immense amounts of moisture / humidity in the atmosphere, which is also heating up (as is the world’s oceans). The wet-bulb threshold is getting closer.

All past and even current projections by the IPCC are at least 100 years off the mark — worst case scenarios have ALL been exceeded and will occur far sooner then predicted. The 2C projections guarantee collapse of civilization, with the latest estimates of 4C – 9C guaranteeing extinction. These are not survivable temperatures, something oft misunderstood, they are a blowtorch to the biosphere when combined with humidity, drought, deluge and resulting crop / plant / tree losses.

Suppression of this terrifying news is widespread. Climate denialism is being heavily promoted to prevent widespread panic. I strongly suspect certain public individuals are very much aware of how serious / severe the situation is about to become and are paid shills to quell any alarm. Some of them are allegedly intelligent individuals, yet continue to shovel forth reams of disinformation and denialism. Nothing can explain their betrayal to humanity except greed (not even ignorance, which I doubt is the case for some of these people).

There are other oddities and news bits that tie into this. Reports of underground explosions, noise, seismic activities where no fracking or mining is known to be occurring across many States / locations. Underground preparations could be the reason. If humans cannot live on the surface, they will have to try below. This is a possibility.

Elitist buying up remote regions of the world known for their location and acquifers. Are they pre-positioning for collapse?

Current Arctic ice cap measurements show a staggering 500,000 square kilometer loss over last year’s record ice loss. 2012 has already broken all records. All indications point to an ice-free summers in the Arctic far sooner rather then never or later.

The amount of fresh water by “melt” now being dumped in the world’s oceans is truly staggering, and will increasingly disrupt the entire ocean web, impacting the thermohaline (ocean currents), salinity and ocean food supply.

Over 1000 temperature records have been broken this past week!

There are quite literally thousands of other facts and events occurring, it’s a dizzying blur now, it’s happening so far, all pointing to the same inescapable conclusion. The Earth’s climate is “collapsing” (destabilizing) very rapidly, with “extreme events” the new normal. The effects are quite severe, already (this year alone) costing hundreds of billions of dollars in damage and losses. These events are increasing, rapidly with little to no effective response / actions being taken. This isn’t as mysterious / confounding at it may seem (read on).

————

What do you suppose would happen / occur if the following were known to be true:

a) The planet is heating up very fast, with weather modification, aerosol spraying having only a partial positive effect;

b) Climate scientific data and assessments are constantly being updated with worse and worse predictions / outcomes;

c) Arctic / Antarctic news / data continue to confirm an ice-free (all ice) near-future, which will lead to non-survivable temperatures world wide;

d) Plant / animal / human extinction is “guaranteed” unless something truly drastic can be done, however this possibility is more and more remote with each passing day;

e) Public awareness / knowledge of these facts is widely suppressed through disinformation, denialism, ridicule, harassment, even death threats to leading scientist and researchers;

f) Funding for climate modification (geo-engineering) is abs

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I got this from survival monkey. What do you all think about it?? Just want my fellow atsers opinions as alot of you here i truly respect and appreciate. Thanks.
Earth Art

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
First, the earth at one point used to be a much hotter place.

The temperatures that have been documented from various ice core samples have shown a warming period followed with a drastic drop in temperatures.

So, who knows perhaps this is part of the normal cycle. Do I think it has anything to do with man made anything?

You be the judge.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthart
Immediately after 9/11, all airliner traffic was stopped for 3 days. Temperatures rose 1 C in just three days. This may not seem like much, but it’s actually quite huge in just three days.

A study in 20021 suggested that these contrails could have a significant effect on daily temperature patterns (see 'Air-traffic moratorium opened window on contrails and climate').
But a new analysis now claims that altered US temperature patterns during the three flight-free days can be explained by natural variations in cloud cover, rather than the absence of planes.

Nature

And might I just add that threads where fifty billion different issues are all lumped into one "what the hells going on lately" type threads rarely generate any useful discussion.

edit on 30-6-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by earthart

Immediately after 9/11, all airliner traffic was stopped for 3 days. Temperatures rose 1 C in just three days.

Actually, it was the variations in high and low temperatures that increased by 1.1 degrees Celsius, just so you know.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Good post....

There is no doubt the weather has changed and it's doing crazy stuff, in the UK over the last few days things have been strange too... much like the last 5 years really.

I'm of the opinion that this isn't man made but just the earth's cycle.... add to that the sun is getting hotter and brighter and you have a situation modern man hasn't been around to see before.

I think we have more time left on this planet than a few years, probably a few hundred.... man has a good ability to survive, although I'm sure it will be with a lot less in terms of population numbers.

The thing is I don't see this as such a bad thing... if an alien were to come to this planet, I'm sure they would see the human race as a parasite or type of germ, all consuming and destroying it's host.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthart

Immediately after 9/11, all airliner traffic was stopped for 3 days. Temperatures rose 1 C in just three days. This may not seem like much, but it’s actually quite huge in just three days. The significance is what happens when all airliner traffic stops? Aerosols have a huge impact upon solar radiation, and solar radiance is now down 30%. That goes up, very quickly when the planes stop flying.

First I just wanted to point out that after 9/11 air traffic was only stopped in the continental United States. Planes did not stop flying all over the world. The US does not have that much control. Therefore a global increase in temperatures is highly unlikely to be related at all. Furthermore according to the global warming theories cutting down on pollution is the answer and the pollution is what got us there in the first place. So if all air traffic was stopped for a few days it should literally have the opposite effect.

I do not doubt that the global climate is changing but I do want to point out that there are regions of the world that well exceed 100+ degrees on a average day even before Global warming and vegetation still exists. There are also ways around that if necessary.

I for one think that Earth is in a normal cycle that might well still end in a catastrophic life threatening event. Earth has a long history after our current life cycle. The Earth is known to repair itself via an Ice Age. I feel confident that the world can handle it's own aside from another planetary collision or the death of the Sun. All other events will be survived by the Earth. Whether the current life on Earth survives these changes. Well that is the part that isn't guaranteed.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Really pushing this global warming agenda .....

Sounds like a chemtrail cover story to me partner.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hey Obama...instead of pumping money into failed energy companies that end up going bankrupt, you should have let states keep more money for aerial spraying. Colorado sure could have used it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am a landscape contractor in southeast united states and it is amazing to see how plants move. They are going/adapting further north every year it seems. I live in a zone 8/9 for plants and i am seeing alot of tropical plants adapt here easily now and plants that are tropical that wouldnt survive our winters are doing just fine. They also are blooming earlier. Used to be crepe myrtles would bloom and once finished you could cut back past the flower and it would do it again. Im getting three blooms a year now, and sporadic blooms for a fourth.
The cycle yes i believe also, but dont you feel that it would be less drastic or at the very least postponed a great deal had we not and continue to pilfer the planet and over populated it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

g'day alpha ..... re "And might I just add that threads where fifty billion different issues are all lumped into one "what the hells going on lately" type threads rarely generate any useful discussion. "

.....................................................................................................

ok lets just take one point, any one will do and then try to show how everything is related. Yeah right. I reckon it's better to at least show that fifty billion things ARE happening at once to use your term. Surely the OP has shown that the many happenings are all important and SHOULD be looked at as one whole package. Hell, it's what makes this thread and it's about time someone decided to bundle it all together. The darn massive magnitude of it all. It sort of throws me betwixt and between. On one hand I hope this happens to show all of the loud mouthed deniers up as idiots (that brings a smile to my dial and gives me warm fuzzies just thinking about it) and on the other hand, I hope it doesn't as I know my kids and grandkids will be doing it tough. Tsk Tsk, such decisions. Oh well, good post OP

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think we all feel there has been a lot of devastating weather and earthquakes in the past few years. Something is going on and the silence on this subject by our government, meteorologists, and scientists is rather concerning to say the least.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Have faith.

Matthew 24

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

The free gift of salvation from this mess is grace and mercy when we humble our hearts toward the one that put us here. The Elect are those that elect to love God in faith. Faith requires humility and repentance. Grace is unmerited favor. None of us deserve it. See the link in my signature if you need evidence for God. My threads are additional information to see the world around you clearly.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Add surface fire storm to doom list. Check !

Note: Fits well in revelations. HUH !

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You started losing me at "Chemtrails", and I completely stopped reading at 9/11.

Second..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
For a moment there I thought we were in trouble

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
While humanity may certainly be reduced I doubt we will go extinct to climate change. A few of us can live under the oceans for a time. You can get most of what we need to survive in the sea. Fuel, water, food etc... The sea would even provide protection from the Sun, cosmic rays etc... There are also cave systes deep in the earth we could inhabit that also have water sources. So unless we just stand here and die I believe humanity will survive climate change. An asteroid or Comet impact however is an entirely other story and outcome. We do not yet know if we have any of the above aimed at our extinction and it could happen before we are prepared to get any of us off this planet in time to survive an impact.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Nice post. agreed and have noticed much of what youve stated.
James Lovelock has talked about much of this that we are now experiencing,
Only to had been told to reevaluate his statements as they were too scary.
I know people love to jump on the Anti-global warming bandwagon,, but for those that
have and choose to continue on that "head in the sand " mentality your answers will be made clear
with time. James stated this wide swinging of the climate will come to rest at the beginning of
the next ice age..Ice core samples dont lie.
Isnt it kind of interesting how most ice core samples age is about 650,000 years old,,
and many global events have been dated about that old also,.
Umm, we are kinda past that timeline,, and look at what is going on with our planet.
Like the last major eruption of Yellowstone for example.. over 650,000 years ago.
there are others,. just read up on some of Slayer69s info..for those that wish to deny

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Nice post. agreed and have noticed much of what youve stated.
James Lovelock has talked about much of this that we are now experiencing,
Only to had been told to reevaluate his statements as they were too scary.
I know people love to jump on the Anti-global warming bandwagon,, but for those that
have and choose to continue on that "head in the sand " mentality your answers will be made clear
with time. James stated this wide swinging of the climate will come to rest at the beginning of
the next ice age..Ice core samples dont lie.
Isnt it kind of interesting how most ice core samples age is about 650,000 years old,,
and many global events have been dated about that old also,.
Umm, we are kinda past that timeline,, and look at what is going on with our planet.
Like the last major eruption of Yellowstone for example.. over 650,000 years ago.
there are others,. just read up on some of Slayer69s info..for those that wish to deny

If it brings a post that long from Drummer. I am worried.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hello RandyVS
Hows the coast?
the weather doin any crazy out that way?
or for another matter,, how the rad levels

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join