It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cisco Now Using Personal Home Routers to Collect and Sell Browsing History Via its Cloud Connect Ser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is a little thread i found off of reddit , and if what people are saying on here is true , then here is step one of the internet control , i still need to read a bit more into it , but i just wanted to get it out their for the members to post their opinions.

we may keep track of certain information related to your use of the Service, including but not limited to the status and health of your network and networked products; which apps relating to the Service you are using; which features you are using within the Service infrastructure; network traffic (e.g., megabytes per hour); Internet history; how frequently you encounter errors on the Service system and other related information ("Other Information"). We use this Other Information to help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests, and to enhance or administer our overall Service for our customers. We may also use this Other Information for traffic analysis (for example, determining when the most customers are using the Service) and to determine which features within the Service are most or least effective or useful to you. In addition, we may periodically transmit system information to our servers in order to optimize your overall experience with the Service. We may share aggregated and anonymous user experience information with service providers, contractors or other third parties... In other words...we can now sell your browsing history that we can now collect for cash...

you can find that comment here

here is an overview of what exactly they are doing

hes got a good point indeed

I do not want this. A cloud interface is not what everyone wants. Stop trying to make decisions as a corporation and what you think the people need. Options is what people actually desire. Cisco -1. So not only have you blatently just taken control of my device that I have purchased, but you have also generated a security issue with my home network and business. Now I have two accounts to access my router and you have my home network password stored on some server that you probably claim "Is well protected". How could you even think as an enterprise company that was a good idea? What happens if my cloud account gets stolen? Does that mean that my home business is now been made vulnerable? That the hacker who obtains all the passwords ripped from your server can now access any home network they please? You have to be storing IP's to associate the router with the account on the backend. So therefore, what is stopping someone from remotely hacking into my network once they have my account? Unbelievable.... Albeit the interface is cool, but I never wanted to compromise my own personal security with this... Which now that I think about it, you have already invaded my personal privacy by "auto upgrading" the firmware. So technically your already tracking people's home networks and can just login any time....hmmm.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Looks like there will be no way of escaping big brother in the near future, scary stuff. This was posted up yesterday btw.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

oh , ok , thank's for letting me know , i should have used the search function ,

MODS please by all means do what thow wilt ! and delete this ! thread

ty DeadSnow

new topics

join