It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario getting the runaround from U.S. over Windsor hum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hi.

Okay the Windsor hum for those who haven't heard about this.....

www.wxyz.com...

So Canada wants the U.S. to investigate the sound and put a stop to it but the U.S. is just giving them the runaround.

www.windsorstar.com...

"The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says they have no authority in this matter. The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality indicates noise matter are the municipality's responsibility, and of course the city of River Rouge, as we heard before, has indicated that they can't investigate it because they don't have the resources to look into this type of noise pollution," MPP Teresa Piruzza (L - Windsor West) said Friday about responses to Bradley's letters calling on the U.S. for action late March. "So again, it's just more frustration."

Piruzza said she hears the hum while sitting in her South Windsor backyard. "It's actually getting louder," she said.

(Gulp.) Well if it's a manufacturing company I wouldn't think the noise level would change that much.

"I am also arranging another conference call once all the information is available," Maghnieh said, referring to a February town meeting telephone conference where 22,000 local residents spoke of their concerns. "It is key to keep pressing this forward issue so that residents get relief they deserve."

Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it. Sorry if this has been posted. I know the subject has been discussed but I didn't see anything this current.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If this is the same 'HUM' that has been recorded around the World, it's neither Canadian nor American.

It's the sum of the World's destruction and ignorance of our planet and the planet is now fighting back. The noises are just the warning that the boiling point is ready to go.

So many previous threads/videos from around the World and not just North America will attest to this.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The worldwide hum thing's been partially solved a few years back. It's almost exclusively heard while the person's inside a building, and some magazine (Fortean Times, I think) concluded it was the buildings themselves that were resonating, for whatever reason.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
The worldwide hum thing's been partially solved a few years back. It's almost exclusively heard while the person's inside a building, and some magazine (Fortean Times, I think) concluded it was the buildings themselves that were resonating, for whatever reason.

Really? Strange. Do you think you can find a link to the article? I'd like to read it I've never heard that theory.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I'll try digging the article out. This was about 3 or 4 years ago.

Also mentioned near the end of another article, though: Article here...
edit on 30-6-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Lots of recordaings taken OOTSIDE.............its not the buildings humming .....
There are some talking of skyquakes as well....but thats too far fetched ....why not ever before then?
truthfuly i suspect it is goverment underground activit of some kind.....
perhaps a Subterrene is working in that area on a DUMB....?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

No, its the building, we heard it outside. We went outside to check out the noise.

But here is the problem with your statement, even if one of the theories someone lists, or proposes, turns out true, it still is just 1 theory, or 1 probability, it doesnt mark the file solved. That kind of erroneous thinking has the world in really uniformed state. Then they just have to list one probability after another and hope we buy it, good, they shut up. Not science, not finding out the true cause.

I personally think they know the true cause and don't want us to find it out.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The problem I have with the "Building Resonance" theory is the sound would be directional - you'd be able to pinpoint a source (building).
As someone who's heard the sound first-hand, the sound appears to be omni-directional. I've heard it both in populated and (relatively) unpopulated areas, daytime and night time. I live about 2.5 - 3 hours Northeast of Windsor, and have heard it quite a few times. A couple of times, I've managed to get quick "potato recordings" (used my cell phone). Most times, it's a barely-discernable sound that just seems "out of place", and other times, it's quite noticeable.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I covered this a while ago but never figured out how to post the sound file, here is that thread.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I had a phone conversation with someone in Windsor shortly after the post but she didn't really understand the frequency issue so I moved on to something else. I believe the sound is coming from within the earth and the reason folks in Windsor and Wisconsin among others are hearing it is the lake. Much like a loudspeaker the lake is acting like a passive radiator (a hole in the front of the speaker).
If you have a swimming pool I would recommend looking at the surface every so often, just like the water glass in Jurasic Park the surface will ripple with ground movement that you might not notice otherwise.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sorry to bump up an old thread but being a Windsor resident, this is something that I have serious interest in.

We keep getting 'We're researching it' and all these dead end answers. I believe the source is known, but the ones in charge are just giving the runaround. There is alot of strange military and UFO activity in the area.

The sound is indeed from something deep in the ground. It's a resonating, vibrating sound. You can definately feel it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

Really ?

Because 99% of the videos of the " Humming " are all recorded outside so whoever did that study isn't as smart as they think they are.

new topics

top topics

join