It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery: Earth's Oldest Crater Is Largest Too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Discovery: Earth's Oldest Crater Is Largest Too

www.space.com

Researchers think the crater was formed 3 billion years ago, making it the oldest ever found, said Danish researcher Adam Garde. The impact crater currently measures about 62 miles (100 kilometers) from one side to another. But before it eroded, it was likely more than 310 miles (500 km) wide, which would make it the biggest on Earth
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.csmonitor.com
edit on 30-6-2012 by AlchemistSwami because: title only said Discovery: Earth

edit on 30-6-2012 by AlchemistSwami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Only 180 have been found, due to our not in existence for all time Atmosphere, which I find very interesting, as we've already found more than 10% of that #, of pyramids on Earth.

My thoughts range from We need to protect our Atmosphere to Stuffs been zipping around our galaxy a long time [this was a big chunk, platinum and nickel].

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

This is amazing good find Alchemist, I'm always really interested in this sort of stuff
S@F

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

another quote from the article:

The team has calculated it was caused by a meteorite 19 miles (30 km) wide, which, if it hit Earth today, would wipe out all higher life.

Space.com is a good site, I subscribe to it on Facebook, lots of interesting developments.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
hi all. to the OP awesome find. does anyone know of a collection of pictures of different craters around the world?

new topics

top topics

join