It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious bubbles in Bayou Corne. Homes shifting around nearby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's not known if this bubbling is related to buildings and homes shifting, but they started at the same time. That would be a big flag to me. It's time to go! I think this sounds like liquifaction. I'd like to hear from a geologist about it.
WAFB CBS 9
www.assumptionla.com...

edit on 30-6-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hmmm.....

So are they positive it's natural gas? Obviously if it was leaking from a pipe you would be able to smell it so why send it for testing?

One to keep an eye on.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Whaddaya know! Swamp gas DOES exist.....go figure!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

That's a joke right?

Obviously it's something out of the norm.

I'd be more concerned with the houses moving.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I clicked the link and the video played, the first thing i heard was "murder" with a womans face, what was that about..? Who caresssss about bubbles, i wanna hear about the murder.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It's an UBP (Unidentified Bubbling Phenomena) the aliens are here!!!!
Not really but I mean every other phenomena found is accused of being swamp gas , now they have gas at a Bayou and they claim 'not swamp gas' - so figured it must be the aliens we've been looking for since those two apparently are so easily confused.

On the moving houses that's really worrying, I hope they solve this before it turns out to be a local disaster in progress. I feel for the people affected who must be considering what their next move should be (not a pun) I assume waiting for a concrete explanation to help decide is frustrating too.
edit on 30/6/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
They said it maybe a "potential leak from an adjacent storage cavern". Don't they know how much is stored in those caverns? I am not really educated on how they measure their storage. They stated that ignition was not a concern but they seem to be monitoring just the water bubbles, yet the houses are shifting and that gas is looking for an escape. This is quite serious.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by amongus

That's a joke right?

Obviously it's something out of the norm.

I'd be more concerned with the houses moving.

I stand by my 1st thought. Time to go!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I talked to someone who knows liquid gas more than I. It is liquifying. When it is in the cavern it is a solid but when mixed with air it becomes a liquid. Propane is odorless- they put the mercaptain(sp) in so people can smell it. BTW-propane will hug the ground. This is a dangerous situation. The person I talked to said they are not being truthful so people don't panic. Please note this is all speculation on the little information that the officials have made available.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is an article from yesterday. It mentions tremors that people have felt but USGS is not detecting.

theadvocate.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It will be a couple of weeks for the samples to be tested

Why ?

Should take minutes to do if they really wanted to know what it was.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Tremors/ earthquakes and loud booms have been felt and heard in a 45 mile radius from Bayou Corne. A mandatory evacution has been issued by the state of Lousianna. I would get the heck our of there folks this is not good.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

It may be stored as a liquid, if it is leaking, it's turning to a vapor.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The linked article is from July, folks. And it doesn't say anything about an evacuation warning.

They were "monitoring the bubbles" twice a day. I guess nothing big happened.

But, as for the question of it being natural gas; by itself it has no odor. When do they add the noxious aroma (that is meant to alert us to its presence)? At the source? Or in the facilities that distribute it?

And swamps smell anyway. I'd think it'd be tough to tell the difference between a stagnant body of water and natural gas.

EDIT: Now I notice this whole thread was from end of June, early July.
nm
edit on 6-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i believe this is related to the Louisiania sinkhole...

it is the collapse of a salt dome cavern... the first evidence was a penetration of what seemed like refined fuel then the oil began flowing in to the vast cavern... now the petroleum & gasses are bubbling up on over 4 acres of surface land above the underground salt cavern dome

this has been going on since ~17~ August '12, if its the same event as on other links
edit on 6-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Louisiana sinkhole – fears of radioactivity and gas explosion as sinkhole gets bigger
By
chillymanjaro
– August 16, 2012Posted in: Editors' picks, Geology, Seismic activity

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

two different articles posted 1 month apart

"Answers into cause of Bayou Corne sinkhole expected this week
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 9:47 PM EDT Updated: Sep 24, 2012 9:53 PM EDT "

thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2012/08/16/louisiana-sinkhole-fears-of-radioactivity-and-gas-explosion-as-sinkhole-getting-bigger/
edit on 6-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
Tremors/ earthquakes and loud booms have been felt and heard in a 45 mile radius from Bayou Corne. A mandatory evacuation has been issued by the state of Louisiana. I would get the heck our of there folks this is not good.

I see the 45 mile radius for the quakes/booms, do you know the radius of the mandatory evacuation? I assume it is not the whole 45 mile radius as that is something like 140 sq/miles, just a 5 mile radius is about 16 sq/miles.
I don't know about population density in the area but even sparsely populated that would have to affect a lot of people

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

well if you want something more recent about this topic here are a few threads lol

ATS

ATS

ATS

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
It's not known if this bubbling is related to buildings and homes shifting, but they started at the same time. That would be a big flag to me. It's time to go! I think this sounds like liquifaction. I'd like to hear from a geologist about it.
WAFB CBS 9
www.assumptionla.com...

hey...keep voting for republicans and conservative democrats that don't want more regulations....you know, FREEDOM, LIBERTY, FREE MARKETS, MORE JOBS....i can't believe people vote AGAINST their own best interests...those whiny pinko enviormentalists are the real problem, right?, right?...next thing you know, people will start having that gas in their drinking water coming out of their taps at home...oh yeah...that's already happening.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

Okay, thanks for those. Rather a strange collection of posts to link up, but again, thanks. lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

well two are related if you read the full threads the other maybe not lol

top topics

join