It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality Worse Than Rodney King

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by evilod

He was charged with simple assault, resisting arrest, fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, and something related to the hit and run he was fleeing from. Source

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

..sick story. No matter what he did, this is easily cruel and unusual. One of the things that bothers me the most (because it's used so often) is threatening people about to be arrested with rape. How is that ok? Why do we turn a blind eye to that? If I were a cop, and I arrested a young woman and told her she was about to be raped and sodomized I'd (like to) assume people would be outraged. But threatening a male with sexual assault seems to be common place and accepted? I dunno .. I find it weird and disturbing.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by HumanCondition

reply to post by Murgatroid

I'm not in denial about anything,pal.I'm not naive.I know police brutality is real.It does happen.And it's wrong SOMEtimes. Excuse me if I don't by some criminals version of how things went down.

Hahahaha
It feels bad to say but I really do hope that you may experience it first hand like this guy did.
You are disgusting.

That's lovely.

Guess what? I won't experience it because get this..........................................................................................................

I'm not a criminal. I can tell you're a real stand up guy.

It seems you haven't woken up to the real world yet. Wait until a cop violates you or someone you love for his own personal reasons, then you'll understand what people here are trying to say.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm not going to let you anti-police ATS posters influence me so I'm off to do my own research before commenting further.

How does posting this story make me ANTI police? I have never indicated that I am against (or for) police. I am just posting something worthy of attention.
No matter what that man did (minor hit and run- no police report was even made until the man in the video began to privately investigate it, all of a sudden they make one) it did not deserve such brutal and outrageous beating.
And Bi polar people react differently to situations than normal people do. You think to pull over, while he might be thinking, whats going on? It's like how an elderly person would react (confusion makes people react in different ways).

I am shocked that the hospitals would even release him back into the care of the police after coming back the third time.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

He was NOT convicted for hit and run and the woman involved did not identify him as the hit and run perpetrator. If he was intoxicated on chemicals or drugs or drink, that DOES NOT justify this level of police brutality. A drunken or high person will often keep driving because is he is oblivious to being followed. And even if he deliberated evaded arrest because he was intoxicated, that in no way justifies this behavior.

Your comment actually goes to show what is so wrong with this country, how people will just mindlessly defend evil and brutal, savage, mindless assault because they do not know the facts or cannot be bothered to face the TRUTH.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Robert Leone was high on Adderil, a drug he had taken that night in excessive amounts. Drunk and high people are often not able to comprehend police instructions, if they are even aware of their surroundings. People who are drunk or high when they are arrested may be at greater danger of being beaten and savagely mistreated because they are in a blackout state and cannot remember anything that is said to them. Yes, he should have been arrested, but that he couldn't understand what was happening is no reason to brutalize the man.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Thaxter because: additional info

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
Jesse from breaking bad!

This # pisses me off they tazer the # outa him and say hes fighting back. Cops can be real dicks

Which should be a neon sign to the most pathetic of those mentally detached not to mess. Still, seems 1 out of every 20 has to be a BOZO.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

Do you have a source that states what drugs he was on? I would really appreciate it if you could provide us with one.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This seems more and more like normal behavior.

Our police deserve to work for the government that encourages this sort of thing. They deserve to see their grandkids scared ishtless to date the wrong person, talk to the wrong person, or be the wrong person...

We actually deserve this. This is what happens when you fall asleep at the wheel of social responsibility.

There is no point in even talking about it anymore. There will be no revolution. There will be no civil justice. Nothing will be done and eventually you will all be in the same miserable boat.

I hope these cops are good liars in their old age. Hell maybe they will be proud of the country they give their kids. Maybe they think they will never have a descendant who will be a musician or an artist. Maybe they think their kids will all be cops.....even so. I hope their families never have a rebellious teen or like minded confused person.

They might have to beg and call in favors for their own kids, nephews and grandchildren not to be beaten like dogs.

I wish them luck. They seem to be happy repeating things like this over and over again.

You should be about as proud of this country as a cheap dictator can be of his brand of law and order.

Just admit it. You prefer it this way. We all know it. People would change if not. It only gets worse because they enjoy it. God bless then and have a great time being whatever the hell you are. Let the rest of the world know eventually though. It is kind of lame to pretend you are a just society that values balance and respect.

dead country.

edit on 1-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There is another (original) thread on this issue....I think the headline is something like "Mr. Leone still in prison for assaulting officer's hand with his face."

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I did a search and could not find anything on this topic posted before I made this. Can you please provide a link to this thread you are speaking of?

edit on 9/8/2012 by InnerTruths because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join