It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why nothing compares to Americas Airforce.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
www.grouchymedia.com...

Awesome video that shows the power of the Airforce of the USA.

Nice choice of music too.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To be fair though, it's not really had to go up against anyone with a real defensive capability or other modern aircraft.
Bombing a bunch of defenceless hut dwellers in a desert is hardly a measure of real superiority. Ok, granted you can project power and do a lot of damage but to be honest, so could the airforces of some of the third world countries against a target like Iraq.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
These threads are ridiculous, and I see at least one every week. Often they gain dozens of replies in the form of nationalist prick-measuring contests.

THIS IS POINT FARMING and it belongs in BTS (at best). Am I really the only one who has begun to feel insulted by these threads?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Uummmm goregrinder is a moderator, he isn�t �point farming�.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Still a bit of a pointless topic though isn't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well I am apalled that a moderator has posted this trash. I couldn't belive my eyes when I opened the link and the headings revell in death and destruction. What happened to war is hell? every bullet fired and every bomb dropped does NOT kill a terrorist or part of the evil regime. Innocent people, including women and kids have been killed and don't forget your own allies who your trigger happy forces have killed as well. This is a fooking disgrace!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Well I am apalled that a moderator has posted this trash. I couldn't belive my eyes when I opened the link and the headings revell in death and destruction. What happened to war is hell? every bullet fired and every bomb dropped does NOT kill a terrorist or part of the evil regime. Innocent people, including women and kids have been killed and don't forget your own allies who your trigger happy forces have killed as well. This is a fooking disgrace!!!

I agree fully.Never should a soldier lose his life to so called "friendly-fire"?Infact Id rather them not lose there life at all. This is stupid,all this shows is how the USA and pefected its brain washing tactics. Iam British,Scottish and proud but I know that no matter what tech a country/army has. It needs the quailty kind of people to operate it. I would choose skilled people over tech any day.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sorry, I must've missed the part of the Mod handbook where it says mods aren't allowed ot have opinions.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Personally I thought the video rocked. I can�t help but like high tech aircraft doing their thing. This isn�t to say that I�m justifying the war in Iraq or making political statement because I enjoyed the video. I just liked the video.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Agree, the are all very good. They have been posted here a couple of times. The helo one was new and good.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
WOO! DAS IST MEIN LUFTWAFFE!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Forgive me for not noticing that goregrinder is a moderator. It didnt occur to me to check because up until now it was simply an article of faith with me that moderators on ATS wouldn't start a thread with 2 sentences and a link to a propaganda video. I suppose I'm now going to deny that much-cherished bit of ignorance.

When I was in boot they showed me about 10 solid minutes of that. I loved it because up till that point I'd only heard 3 songs in the previous 9 weeks and 2 of them were reville and taps. Other than that I was not too impressed though.

To goregrinder: I'd like to point out that I am neither opposed nor entitled to oppose your expression of opinions/patriotism/whatever. You might never guess it, but I think America kicks tons of arse too. My problem is that I've seen way too many of these threads which start prick-measuring contests between American and Chinese members, and they don't really go anywhere. I have basically formed the opinion that a lot of people on this board really do post such things either because they are way too bored way too often, want to have flame wars, or are just farming points by pissing people off.

I suppose I'm a little zealous about the idea that ATS is a really valuable source of information and that it sorta takes away from that if we all create a new thread everytime we find something neat online. (i mean, there is a lot of neat crap online you know... thats a lot of threads!).

No hard feelings.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Sorry, I must've missed the part of the Mod handbook where it says mods aren't allowed ot have opinions.

WHAT!!!! No body told me. Good post the video rocked!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join