It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sky is falling!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So anyone in northern VA, DC, and southern MD is aware of the mildly epic thunderstorm that just swept through... It was only serious for like a half hour, maybe 45 minutes but it knocked out pretty much everyone's power and a ton of trees are down and across the major roadways.... Anyway not really that bad but it came out of nowhere. So many people on my feed on FB making references to the end of the world or #2012. I just found it interesting that so many people immediately went "there" in their minds... I mean and so quickly, barely anything had to happen...

Anywho just thought it was interesting and was wondering if anyone had any personal stories they'd like to share!

Thx
Jai

ETA I will be adding some lightning footage soon
mods maybe this should be moved to the weather forum? Sorry still kinda new at thread making...Thanks!
edit on 29-6-2012 by AnonyJai because: Add

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
2012 pretty much has alot of people on edge. Me included. Just waiting for some event, some kind of sign. Talk about mass anxiety! I can't freakin wait for this year to pass, it just sucks. Every day I'm waiting for the "big one". Looking here to ATS for the latest gossip. Man I need my life back! I got stuff to do, getting behind on things here.

If it's gonna happen, I say DO IT! Get it done, my poor heart cants takes much more!

Hopefully when '13 rolls in sanity will prevail, we can get back to livin'.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

I feel you there! I'm not really convinced that nothing is going to happen, it's like this nagging feeling in the back of my mind and I wish it would just happen already!!!! Then again I've never really been patient lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyJai

I haven't seen anyone blaming these storms on 2012. I just see a bunch of people complaining about not having power. On that note my personal story is that I still have power.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Sh*t weather happens from time to time...welcome to Earth

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Ummmm...it's kind of called mother nature. Too bad for all involved however

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
...and that's not all!!!! Netflix is down!!!! Amazon cloud problem & it killed instagram too!!!! OMG we're all gonna die!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
...and that's not all!!!! Netflix is down!!!! Amazon cloud problem & it killed instagram too!!!! OMG we're all gonna die!!!

Netflix sucks anyways, so who cares

*btw...that was definitely off topic post

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

yeah...guess it does & guess it was...can't really argue with your keen discernment ...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hathorschild

Ummmm...it's kind of called mother nature. Too bad for all involved however

It's not mother nature... last night and tonight's storms were both man made...

I just got back from "storm watching" and saw my first blood red sky to ground lightning bolt... and guess what... I don't have pictures and don't really care if you believe a word of what I said...

Blame it all on God if you want... but it's not Him doing this...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

Never seen a red lightning bolt - that would be an amazing sight

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Never seen a red lightning bolt - that would be an amazing sight

I never even heard of one let alone thought I'd ever see one... I talked to a couple people that tried to explain it away with "if the sunset was blah blah blah" and "if this was blah blah blah"... well... it was about 12:15am... no sun... extremely high cloud ceiling... looked to be about four miles out... and was sky to ground... anyone that can offer any good explanation that doesn't have to do with "backlighting" or some similar nonsense I'm all ears...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The storm certainly swept through here in grand style! It cleared my porch off and the only thing it bought an end to was one of my Croc's that I mow the yard in.
The roof on the other hand will have to wait until day breaks to see if it is still hanging in there.

I think 2012 is on everybody's mind because of the Mayan thing, and it makes some folks overly paranoid. It is in the back of our minds whether we take the time to realize it or not. We made not all be scared of it, but our brains like to go there regardless.

The closer 12/21/12 gets, people will be claiming that their cat missed the litter box and the end is surely among us.

JMHO though.

I hope everyone's power is turned back on soon. In this heat wave, folks will have a heck of a time sleeping for sure!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your contributions... Unfortunately our power is still out but at least it's down to 73 degrees from 103 earlier... Tomorrow might be bad though.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yeah I still have my power too. Kind of gives me survivors guilt. No it doesnt. I had A/C while I blow dried my hair this morning.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Man made ? You're not harping on HAARP are you ? Its summertime man and thunderstorms go with the terrotory. Sheesh, did you just fall off the turnip wagon?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Did he say that ? I think he said red sky and lightning bolt not red lightning bolt.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

OMG! An Amazon cloud is killing things? What kind of storms are these? What are Netflixes? Are they important? I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO??? Is there an Amazon Cloud storm shelter around here?!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

LOL your post made me remember my cat very carefully digging a hole in the litter and then positioning his butt out over the edge of the litter box to poop on the bathroom floor.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
double post
edit on 30-6-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join