It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Star Trail Photography from Outback Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just saw these on news.com.au and was just blown away.

>> AT first glance these amazing pictures look like something you would see through a kaleidoscope. Victorian photographer Lincoln Harrison spent up to 15 hours shooting the stars in the Australian outback, stitching the images together on his computer.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Its the loony toons logo

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Hypnotizingly beautiful
S@F.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Very beautiful indeed! thanks for sharing these.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
BEAUTIFUL do you have link to these?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
These are the best examples of star trail photography I have ever seen. Being an amateur at long exposure, I am so so jealous. I wonder if he stacked the images or just had an awesome camera that doesn't overheat when doing hour long long exposures.

Survival Tip: If for some reason you are stuck in the wild with only a camera, do a long exposure star trail image. The star that doesn't move is Polaris, the North Star. Also, depending on where you are on earth, the stars will leave less more or less trails.
edit on 29-6-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Just a few stars there! The sky is nearly as gorgeous as the landscape too

IRM

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Absolutely gorgeous! I managed to stuff my camera doing star trails.
I went for about a 40 minute exposure, set my timer, kicked back enjoying the awesome night... Go to check my pic, about 1/5th of the cells in the sensor had packed it in! Stuck on.. I almost cried! Needless to say, my results had a fair bit of other noise too being an earlier Canon DSLR, so I'm just waiting to win the jackpot in lotto to replace it.

Anyways, these pics are pretty darn stunning, I'd love some super high res versions for my desktop!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Very cool.

You can even see examples of what stars are in front of others. very wild!

It all looks so very sureal.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snakedoctorjw
BEAUTIFUL do you have link to these?

This is the link to the OZ website. Hope you can access it. I have posted all the pics from the site, so not sure if there are any more to find out there in cyberspace. Will have a look. It's great stuff !

www.news.com.au...

Peace - Ned

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Worked! Thank you very much for sharing this!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Absolutely gorgeous! I managed to stuff my camera doing star trails.
I went for about a 40 minute exposure, set my timer, kicked back enjoying the awesome night... Go to check my pic, about 1/5th of the cells in the sensor had packed it in! Stuck on.. I almost cried! Needless to say, my results had a fair bit of other noise too being an earlier Canon DSLR, so I'm just waiting to win the jackpot in lotto to replace it.

Anyways, these pics are pretty darn stunning, I'd love some super high res versions for my desktop!

Ha Ha - Nice one !

Looks great in your profile pic.

Looking at these just makes me want to head for the desert and chill out by myself for a few weeks.

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yeah! I couldn't help myself, I was helping out another members avatar pic, and thought it was time to change mine. I had to modify his pic a fair bit (I tried a few of them) as getting my username clear on top of those intense star colours was tricky. So I've modified the colours somewhat and darkened it at the top. Looks awesome if I say so myself!
Thanks heaps for displaying this guys photo's!

top topics

join