It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Supreme Court ObamaCare Ruling

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I have a confession to make. When I first heard about the Supreme Court ruling, I was so red-faced with anger that I actually considered voting for Mitt Romney in the hopes that he would overturn Obamacare. That lasted almost two minutes. I apologize for letting my anger over-ride my common sense.

I'm still voting Ron Paul 2012, no matter what. Maybe, by some miracle, the land of the free can once more exist on Earth.

Perhaps it is possible that the people who have studied and worked with the Constitution their entire careers know more about it than a medical doctor, who never failed to remind people of his expertise when dealing with health care matters.

btw, you will need to include the majority of American voters in your signature 'damn you to hell' curse, since they used their votes to get Obama into office after he told them exactly what he was going to do as far as bringing affordable health care to America.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanats

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I have a confession to make. When I first heard about the Supreme Court ruling, I was so red-faced with anger that I actually considered voting for Mitt Romney in the hopes that he would overturn Obamacare. That lasted almost two minutes. I apologize for letting my anger over-ride my common sense.

I'm still voting Ron Paul 2012, no matter what. Maybe, by some miracle, the land of the free can once more exist on Earth.

Perhaps it is possible that the people who have studied and worked with the Constitution their entire careers know more about it than a medical doctor, who never failed to remind people of his expertise when dealing with health care matters.

btw, you will need to include the majority of American voters in your signature 'damn you to hell' curse, since they used their votes to get Obama into office after he told them exactly what he was going to do as far as bringing affordable health care to America.

It is not so much that Ron Paul knows more about the Constitution, but that he would uphold it where others would not....many people in govt do not care about the Constitution because they have an agenda.
edit on 1-7-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Yes I completely agree with you, I fee that an economic collapse will awaken the people or at least force them to pay attention to what is happening. I am tempted to even give my support to Romney for the sheer fact that he will bring us closer/quicker to economic collapse, whereas Obama is really just more of the same.

On another note, if one is below the poverty level does the government cover them if they cannot afford to purchase private health insurance?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Unfortunately, it seems more and more likely that only an economic and social collapse will bring people to understand rationality, logic, and common sense.
When the few people who can see where we are clearly going are the ones shunted to the periphery, we are doomed as a society.
Here's hoping that the aftermath brings liberty, self reliance, and actual hope.

Ive been predicting that for ages. It will take something drastic for people to make drastic changes. I look forward to it really. Unfortunately a few generations after that we will probably back to where we are now.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The exciting part of ObamaCare is the "Employer Mandate".

Any employer who has an employee who failed to sign up for ObamaCare, will be fined $2,000 for each employee who failed to sign up for ObamaCare.

People will be getting fired left and right as Companies try to avoid paying these new fines.

Isn't this exciting? We'll be getting rid of more jobs and creating more unemployed. Woo Hoo!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIllusiveMan
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Yes I completely agree with you, I fee that an economic collapse will awaken the people or at least force them to pay attention to what is happening. I am tempted to even give my support to Romney for the sheer fact that he will bring us closer/quicker to economic collapse, whereas Obama is really just more of the same.

On another note, if one is below the poverty level does the government cover them if they cannot afford to purchase private health insurance?

People below poverty level will skate by on this. I believe the poverty level is $9500 a year for a single person but I'm not sure for a family.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Fed should just add more tax to cigarettes. Tax foods with high fat and carbs. Do that and it will pay for health care or make people get healthy. Add 5 dollar tax to that gallon of icecream. Many would still buy the icecream and pay for the health care they will need one daty through a tax. Others wont eat the icecream and stay healthy.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think we all know what me be done.

We must create a national movement to write in Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi I find it funny that Ron Paul thinks he knows more about the constitution that the supreme court. The fact is is that Paul really doesn't know much, he just sticks with his talking points and repeats louder if he has to. There is no fact behind anything he says.
reply to post by muzzleflash

If you compare the voting records and speeches of all three, you ought to be able to tell Ron Paul is the only one who has been consistent with his words and voting record throughout his time of service. Doing just that tidbit of homework would show who are the liars and who is not. I think the problem is, we make the mistake of believing known liars will tell us the truth, even though all evidence says otherwise.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

Originally posted by gorgi I find it funny that Ron Paul thinks he knows more about the constitution that the supreme court. The fact is is that Paul really doesn't know much, he just sticks with his talking points and repeats louder if he has to. There is no fact behind anything he says.
reply to post by muzzleflash

If you compare the voting records and speeches of all three, you ought to be able to tell Ron Paul is the only one who has been consistent with his words and voting record throughout his time of service. Doing just that tidbit of homework would show who are the liars and who is not. I think the problem is, we make the mistake of believing known liars will tell us the truth, even though all evidence says otherwise.

So Ron Paul is a stubborn old man who refuses to acknowledge the truth ? Its okay to change. Now if you change your opinion as often as Romney, then theres a case that he is a liar, but when all the evidence proves Paul wrong and he refuses to see it thats called ignorance.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
who is this ron paul guy ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join