It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Supreme Court ObamaCare Ruling

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ron Paul is still a candidate.
Nice to know how he feels on the issues.

Ron Paul on Supreme Court decision: “I strongly disagree with today’s decision by the Supreme Court, but I am not surprised. The Court has a dismal record when it come to protecting liberty against unconstitutional excesses by Congress. “Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a ‘mandate.’ The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Jun 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Another article by Dr. Paul, going a little deeper into the whole problem.
And yet some still can't see the light .

Ron Paul: Problem With Healthcare is Too Much Government Ron Paul’s op-ed explaining what the root problems of America’s healthcare crisis actually are, via The Advertiser.com (New Orleans): Today, the Supreme Court is expected to issue its long-awaited decision regarding the constitutionality of the “Obamacare” law. I recently discussed absurd legal arguments by Obamacare advocates that Congress can compel the purchase of health insurance, and the dismal record of federal courts applying so-called “judicial review” in protecting liberty. It is obvious that Obamacare’s legal apologists either are wholly ignorant of constitutional principles, or wholly lawless in their blatant disregard for those principles.

www.ronpaul2012.com...
edit on Fri Jun 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Of course Ron Paul makes perfect sense.

I wish the Republican party was not so corrupt. If they would just let Ron run he would be president. Instead they threaten, lie, cheat, abuse and make up rules as they go. Now they will use this Obamacare issue to get Republicans elected and they were the ones who cane up with the idea in the first place.

The two party system is played out. Both sides are corrupt. Corporations rule their votes. Once elected they go into cruise control with handouts and damage control with voters. I know that horse has been dead a long time and beating it won't change things, but it still needs to be said because some people can't get past their party being best.

This whole healthcare issue seems like a distraction to me. It is allowing the two sides to fight over something that has nothing to do with our economy other than to make things worse. It is not the right time to try something of this scale nor is this plan worth a crap. Forcing people to pay for healthcare is retarded. If they could afford healthcare they would already have it. That is a good example of just how out of touch these actors are though.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul could wipe the floor with any of the justices on the SCOTUS. He understands the concept and worth of liberty something that seems to be lacking in the court.

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I will vote Ron Paul whether or not he is on the ballot. Liberty or die.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately, it seems more and more likely that only an economic and social collapse will bring people to understand rationality, logic, and common sense.
When the few people who can see where we are clearly going are the ones shunted to the periphery, we are doomed as a society.
Here's hoping that the aftermath brings liberty, self reliance, and actual hope.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Those in the Republicans who have been shouting Romney! Romney! are all fools.

This was the guy that could have put this country back on the map.

Instead- You all let party and pride get in the way. Tricking yourselves into thinking you had to go Romney.
No You Did Not. All those Big Corps that propped him up are the same people who will be making money from the scams being pulled today. Its funny- because when it comes to money- there are no party lines with those crooks.

Ron Paul- like always saying it how it is. "The govt. is overstepping its boundries and you are all screwed because you bought into it"- paraphrased =)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a ‘mandate.’

Duh, why would someone want to be in government who believes government shouldn't do be allowed to do anything??

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force

Read "The Law" by Fredric Bastiat.
Ron Paul is for liberty for all, not for government enforcement of laws that favor profits of select groups.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I believe that the Supreme Court is no more responsible for anything.
USA is ruled by CIA and DHS, not even by Obama, I believe.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I find it funny that Ron Paul thinks he knows more about the constitution that the supreme court.
The fact is is that Paul really doesn't know much, he just sticks with his talking points and repeats louder if he has to. There is no fact behind anything he says.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have a confession to make. When I first heard about the Supreme Court ruling, I was so red-faced with anger that I actually considered voting for Mitt Romney in the hopes that he would overturn Obamacare. That lasted almost two minutes. I apologize for letting my anger over-ride my common sense.

I'm still voting Ron Paul 2012, no matter what. Maybe, by some miracle, the land of the free can once more exist on Earth.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I find this article rather amusing:

www.reason.com...

The article is called 'Why the GOP will wish it could lead with Ron Paul

I am absolutely writing in Ron Paul's name when it's time to vote!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GareyGaia
I will vote Ron Paul whether or not he is on the ballot. Liberty or die.

wow!!thats passion right thr!! One thing though,To die u hav to hav a life first

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
I find it funny that Ron Paul thinks he knows more about the constitution that the supreme court.
The fact is is that Paul really doesn't know much, he just sticks with his talking points and repeats louder if he has to. There is no fact behind anything he says.

He said , in paraphrase :
"Putting a gun in my face is wrong".

You are saying he is nonfactual? Because he had an opinion?
How can an opinion about having force used against you to get your $$$ be construed upon the basis of fact vs fiction?

And shouldn't every American know as much about the Constitution as anyone else should?

Do you believe that only the Supreme Court should read the law and interpret it , or do you believe that other's should also read the law and educate themselves about the finer details in life?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Unfortunately, it seems more and more likely that only an economic and social collapse will bring people to understand rationality, logic, and common sense.
When the few people who can see where we are clearly going are the ones shunted to the periphery, we are doomed as a society.
Here's hoping that the aftermath brings liberty, self reliance, and actual hope.
Let's watch what happens with the Greek economic and social collapse. It doesn't appear governments or people yet understand rationality, logic or common sense. So far five (Cyprus) going on six (Slovenia?) nations are drawing from the bailout cash pool and each is bigger than the last.

This short-sighted administration is on the same path as Greece; spend more, tax more, print money, and kick the economic collapse down the road hoping smarter people will fix the problem. Maybe their next act of desperation will be to nationalize high value tech companies (Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft, forums like this one) for their cash and databases of personal information in the interests of national security. I would not put it past this government.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murmoshka
I believe that the Supreme Court is no more responsible for anything.
USA is ruled by CIA and DHS, not even by Obama, I believe.

In our globalized modern society, political power has become highly internationalized and pulling a string in one nation will result in effects in another nation, as an example.

Through various methods of coercion, bribery, threats, violence, what have you, organized criminal syndicates are able to gain power over public officials. Of course the first targets are regulating agencies tasked with stopping the criminal syndicates from using coercion on public officials, and then it spreads from there across the entire spectrum.

At this point in history, it is fairly reasonable to assert that the vast majority of nations, all major ones, have been fully infiltrated and usurped by the agendas of said organized criminal syndicates.

Many researchers have pointed out that these organized criminal syndicates wield great power in the banking system as a means to get things done "more legitimately" on the surface at least, which is what we call a cover story or a front operation.

Through organized criminal activity such as "money laundering", "fraud", "embezzlement", "terrorist financing", "loan sharking", "extortion", "intimidation", and "counterfeiting", these banking institutions (front/cover op) are capable of exercising great influence and power over all other sectors of the economy.

They can task the arms sector in any nation to be compelled to commit "arms trafficking", or compel government intelligence agencies with unsavory tasks such as "assassination", "burglary", "contract killing", "smuggling", "extortion", "intimidation", etc etc.

This is what we call a global organized criminal racketeering operation.
Illegal in just about every way possible, but yet conducted regularly and with impunity right in our faces.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by imjustcurious242

wow!!thats passion right thr!! One thing though,To die u hav to hav a life first

Well I can see by your grammar that you a recent success from the present school system.

That explains your logical thinking process as well.

This Planet is Doomed.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a ‘mandate.’

Duh, why would someone want to be in government who believes government shouldn't do be allowed to do anything??

Agreed.

That is why it is so easy to coerce them into criminal activity, because they are self-interested persons who care little about their fellow countrymen.

Honest reasonable people who seek to avoid oppressing others are not so easily attracted to government because of the many pitfalls they would encounter.

This is one major aspect that we may have to change, in order to gain strength and force government into a quagmire. By halting their operations, it will bog them down and once they lose mobility and flexibility, their source of power will be neutralized.

And then we must begin the long and incremental process of reversing much of that which has been done.

Remember the physics of the pendulum, as it swings from side to side you have many increments in between, and a location we could call the middle. Right now we are pretty far on the tyranny side, I don't know if we have further to swing that way before we swing back to liberty, hard to tell due to lack of prophetic capabilities.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi

The court, like all courts, does not inherently go into the deeper meaning or intent of the law, or constitution. It only reads the text, as written, and judges based on the black and white text, prescribed. Thus, being totally unbiased.

However, Ron Paul may be right ... in that, as time passes the understanding of words changes. An example is the biblical text .. "Foreign text"

Blessed are those of poor spirit ...

Many read this, as "blessed are the retarded". It doesn't ... it originally should read ...

Blessed are those who hunger for knowledge ...

Which is the correct understanding of that text.

So, Ron Paul, may just be correct.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join