It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got pulled over, tried to get out, then was given a ticket. Found I can't pay it.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

quoting cowardice or anything such is considered being a ignorant.

If there are people that are able to stand for themselves and accept the idea that they know how to use freedom, then they are more than welcome to be here.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

quoting cowardice or anything such is considered being a ignorant.

If there are people that are able to stand for themselves and accept the idea that they know how to use freedom, then they are more than welcome to be here.

The problem is that you are attempting to make assumptions that are factually not true. If you want to fight a ticket, by all means, fight a ticket. But when you do this, you need to have all ducks in a row and make sure your information is factually correct. If there are loopholes, thats fine, use them ... but make absolutely sure that those loopholes actually exist before you attempt it.

WHAT you are trying to do (fight the ticket) is not wrong in and of itself. The only thing wrong is the MANNER that you are attempting to do it in.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If you were only a little over the limit, consider going to a repair shop. Have them inspect and repair your speedometer and bring a copy of the receipt to court. Apologize all over the place. Dress nicely, bring all the paperwork you can think of. (No, I don't mean a copy of the Australian Constitution) Bring things like your license, title, insurance, etc. You can always go to the web site of your state's bar association and look around for ideas.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

And your saying that I'm doing it in a manner that would be considered (in your opinion, if I get this right) very aggressive?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Having a copy of a foreign country's law set in your country, doesn't sit well.

I was just using it as an example for this thread. Because if it could happen over there, then it most likely could happen here.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

And your saying that I'm doing it in a manner that would be considered (in your opinion, if I get this right) very aggressive?

Aggressive? I don't believe so. I think you may have me confused with someone else on that one.

I believe the manner you're doing this in will get you 1) no positive results and 2) probably laughed out of court.

Listen, you got busted. Nobody's fault but yours. But if you want to fight it, you have every right to do so; I support that right to fight it, regardless of how I feel about the specific situation. I only suggest you have everything lined up and supported factual information before you do so. You cannot expect to win a fight with wrong information.
edit on 3-7-2012 by flyswatter because: fat fingers

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Oh, one other piece of advice if you go to court. Check the judge every now and then. If he's getting upset, that does not mean you are beating him. It means you are about to be charged with Contempt. Stop. Right that second, and say "Sorry, your Honor, I got a little carried away."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join