It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got pulled over, tried to get out, then was given a ticket. Found I can't pay it.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

OP would never do such a thing. It works better for him to spout off pseudo-laws under the guise of freedom.

What is with this recent sprouting of lawlessness?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I dunno what this guy in Australia did.

But I have taken cops to court and won before and lost.

First time was over a Neon light when I was younger.
Cop follows me flashing his head lights. I don't pull over. I preceded to next set of traffic lights cop pulls up next to me and tells me to pull over. I don't pull over. After these lights I finally pull over. Cop gets out and asked me what is with my blue light, I kindly ask him where his lights are. his excuse its a new cop car hasn't had its lights fitted.

He fined me for the blue light, at this stage I was a bit annoyed, but took off then they follow me and then attempt to pull me over again, I decide to drive to the nearest police station and report them for the harassing me. well this cop comes in thru the back and jumps the counter at me then hands me a fine for "undue noise"
I told them I would be fighting this in court.

Well I go see a lawyer she gets the "undue noise" dropped before court. I go to court plead guilty to the neon light one. Police prosecution says wait a minute "White light on rear of the car" well the police officer had the wrong contrary written up. case dismissed fine dismissed.

Seen the cop a year later and he wasn't happy about it, he tried to be a d head in front of my friends.

The time I lost was speeding ticket.
They wrote down the wrong rego on the ticket.
Well it was on its way to court and the cop turns up at my place and wants the ticket then he changes the rego on it.
the court never cared that he changed rego number on it.
I lost that case.

Cops over here always get it wrong and get away with it.

The other day I seen a speed camera van setup in a place they aren't allowed to put them.
We don't have contractors placing them any more.

If you have the time fight them waste their time, even if you are in the wrong. I'm sure they have messed up with someone innocent and they just payed up, It will give these cops who get it wrong a wake up call to do their job properly.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

If you have the time fight them waste their time, even if you are in the wrong. I'm sure they have messed up with someone innocent and they just payed up, It will give these cops who get it wrong a wake up call to do their job properly.
Which will do at least two things. One, it will irritate the police and the courts. Leaving the police and the courts with an increased rage against the public is a win-win, isn't it?

Two, wasting their time means wasting money, the money you and your friends have to pay in taxes. Quite likely, the more you cause them to waste, the more the taxes will go up to cover it. Another win-win?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I just tired of being told what to do by people that I would consider thugs more than peace keepers.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
I just tired of being told what to do by people that I would consider thugs more than peace keepers.

Or maybe you could just stop breaking laws?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You have every right to feel that way, obviously. But spouting off about a wacked-out interpretation of the law will certainly not make things any better.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

This.

OP, I am not dogging you because it is fun. I do want you to understand that we have laws for a reason.

Never feel ashamed to stand up for yourself. However, thumbing your nose when you are clearly in the wrong only gets you in more trouble. There are ways to beat the system while playing within it. A modest "I was wrong" always worked for me.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

You want to travel without a license, buy a moped. Go out and walk or take a bus. Ride a horse to your destination. All of those things will convey you without a license. If you want out of the contract simply make the choice not to participate in the contract. You can simply travel in a different manner.

Stop making excuses for your mistake. You may have been a young fool when you entered in to the contract, but you are older now. You can volunteer to exit the contract.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
"Hi. I'm your friendly neighborhood psi-soldier and anti-shadow of a light beam"
Police guy - "Aham..here's your ticket for being weird and creepy, have a nice day/night..aaargg..anti-day shadow...oh to hell with it.."

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
OH FFS.

Mate, you broke the law, you pay the price.

Speeding, on a rural road especially is dangerous, since anything can get into the road. People, animals, etc etc. So you endangered not only their lives, but yours too.

So stop trying to wriggle out of this, and just pay your ticket.

Where I am from, if you get a ticket, you can go to the magistrates office, and appeal the fine. Write a letter saying you cannot afford it, and in most cases the ticket is significantly reduced.

vvv

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I just read the first few comments, so if this was brought up then I'm just restating the same points.

Your driver's license is a contract between you and your state and between your state and the other states. That contract says that you know how to drive and agree to the traffic rules whatever they are where you are driving.

However, some roads are private, some are owned by townships, villages, cities, counties, states and the federal government. SO who's road were you on?

Roads in Michigan that have no posted limit are 55 MPH and yellow speed limit signs are only suggested speeds.

All these types of laws relate mostly to motor vehicles but the "public" roads that we are "free'" to travel leave us exposed to many legal conditions and vulnerable to police harassment. Any traveling can be subject to restrictions, is this free and unimpeded travel?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I just read the first few comments, so if this was brought up then I'm just restating the same points.

Your driver's license is a contract between you and your state and between your state and the other states. That contract says that you know how to drive and agree to the traffic rules whatever they are where you are driving.

However, some roads are private, some are owned by townships, villages, cities, counties, states and the federal government. SO who's road were you on?

Roads in Michigan that have no posted limit are 55 MPH and yellow speed limit signs are only suggested speeds.

All these types of laws relate mostly to motor vehicles but the "public" roads that we are "free'" to travel leave us exposed to many legal conditions and vulnerable to police harassment. Any traveling can be subject to restrictions, is this free and unimpeded travel?

Being free to travel on the highway does not mean you are free to drive a motor vehicle on it. Travel could be by horse and buggy or as a passenger in a motor vehicle.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

There is a difference between traveling and driving. I like the traveling more than the driving.

it was a public highway, meaning it belongs to the public.

But if you say it's a contract then so far that puts me as the trustee, the government as the administrator and who as the beneficiary? Note; no two parties can occupy the same position.

I'm just trying to get back to being the administrator and the government as trustee.

And yes, if we let ourselves be governed then we are subject to harassment. Plus the freedom to travel isn't limited by what you travel with. This was proven in various court cases. (Supporting you.)
edit on 2-7-2012 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Try not to confuse legal laws with natural/common laws.

Legal laws require compliance of the governed.

However, if you say I've committed a crime, then there has to be a victim.

If it was a legal crime, then the victim is...
I don't know.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

There is a difference between traveling and driving. I like the traveling more than the driving.

it was a public highway, meaning it belongs to the public.

But if you say it's a contract then so far that puts me as the trustee, the government as the administrator and who as the beneficiary? Note; no two parties can occupy the same position.

I'm just trying to get back to being the administrator and the government as trustee.

And yes, if we let ourselves be governed then we are subject to harassment. Plus the freedom to travel isn't limited by what you travel with. This was proven in various court cases. (Supporting you.)
edit on 2-7-2012 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

A "public highway" does not belong to the public.

The federal government owns the roads serving national forests, parks, and dams. State governments own most of the highways between cities and towns, and the interstate highways. Cities and counties own the local roads.

The public agency road owners are responsible for the upkeep of the roads. This is why the highway district is out there re-paving the road and YOU are not.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Because if it's a fine, then it would be classified as a debt. If they wrote the rules then the rules say that I can't pay it.

Plus a country is a state.
edit on 29-6-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

Constitutionally, you are completely correct that you cannot pay with a Fiat Medium, as we are ordered to pay all debts, public and private, with Gold or Silver. Fed Notes are deemed "Legal Tender" and that is what they will throw at you in court if you try this. I know this from experience.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

So if I'm in court then what should I do? (Speaking for those that challenge, and asking what you have done.)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

So if I'm in court then what should I do?

Plead guilty

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I'm beginning to think your a troll here.

I don't accept trolls here, get off my thread.

If quoting the truth is what makes me a troll in this case, I will happily be known as such. As long as you understand that the public does not own public highways, my job is done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join