It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Attacked in School By Teacher Making $95,202 a year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
that isn't "attacked" by the way- I went to a Grammar school back in the 80s and remember a teacher puncing a kid in the head in the hallway (the kid was being a dick) and remember our headmaster leaving the stage in assembly and hitting another kid an almighty slap in the head (kid was also being a dick)
edit on 30-6-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

here is a tip, stop being so self righteous when you haven''t REALLY a clue of what was going down there

Why do you feel it's important to tell me how to be, or to comment on your perception of my understanding?

Give me three reasons why I would be interested in any tips from you on how I should be?

The topic of the thread is the teacher bullying the student. Feel free to contribute if you have anything intelligent to add to the discussion about the topic.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

You're absolutely correct Laokin. I can see that your assumption is right. These "beat 'em up" rednecks were almost surely beaten themselves as children and want to think they ended up "okay", so they advocate beating children today.

I never told my children "no" without giving them a good reason for it. Not that they asked -- I offered my reasons because they deserved to know. And, violence is never the answer. You never hit a child -- ever.

Thank you Laokin, for bringing some sense into this thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Being a brooklyn high school graduate myself, i'd have to say that you guys really don't know what it's like in a brooklyn high school if you haven't been there. teachers get disrespected and violated regularly - some of the student bodies are so generally dangerous and agitated that whole schools have been shut down to prevent further violence. this happens regularly.

i don't claim to know what happened in this scenario, but whatever it was, this kid knew he was elevating a situation in a school that doesn't take matters like this lightly. if they have a system, and you're in attendance, you have to be a part of it. more specifically, an ID check is ridiculously important in a public brooklyn high school. i can't remember how many times i've had incidences of people walking into my school with either a gun or a knife who didn't even go there. this is why ID checks have to be respected. if you're late for class, that sucks, but that doesn't mean that you should start walking in and out of the scanners in an agitated manner to try and weasel your way out of doing it.

that man reminiscent of a huge brick wall shouldn't have thrown him around, but at the same time that kid really was fighting anyone who came up to him. you may call it his fear kicking in, but that kid was asking for some kind of discipline. i haven't seen anyone skip their way in and out of a scanner area like that without some kind of repercussion.

also, we really need the audio to figure out the vocal exchange before we can start deciding on anything here. both of them here seem completely guilty, but i'm sure whatever happened before the fight is just as important as the incident itself.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

the salary effects my assessment in many ways, first the teacher is....a teacher, thats right its his job he is employed to educate the kids. not assualt them. so he should have a professional attitude towards his job, grabbing a kid like that is far from professional.
Second point: i don't know where that video is from but $90k a year ( - over £57000) is a high income for a teacher implying he's a key member of staff, deputy head teacher or headteacher maybe. this means he of all people should be most qualified to handle a situation like this.......... and i'm bored of ripping your arguement to shreds but i could go on for a while

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

that isn't "attacked" by the way- I went to a Grammar school back in the 80s and remember a teacher puncing a kid in the head in the hallway (the kid was being a dick) and remember our headmaster leaving the stage in assembly and hitting another kid an almighty slap in the head (kid was also being a dick)

So I guess the message here is, its ok to slap and push, or beat someone who is being a dick?

Will the teachers have that same stance towards a kid who does the same as them, because of some "dickhead " comment from another kid ?

I feel sorry you had to go to a school where teachers thought this was appropriate..and could explain your mindset.

There are a hundred more effective ways to discipline , as well as be a good role model for other kids.

Sorry for commenting on this thread so much, but I am a little riled at this story, as well as some of the responses.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So if a nine year old kid is coming after you to harm you with a knife or a gun it's never okay to hit back in self defense?

Oh wait, it's got to be the adult's fault.

How silly of me.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So if a nine year old kid is coming after you to harm you with a knife or a gun it's never okay to hit back in self defense?

How silly of me.

..and did you see a gun or a knife?

The only time the kid started getting violent was when he felt he had no choice, after being pushed into table and slammed around. Almost any human would react in such a manner after being treated that way.

edit on 30-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

While they may explain a lot to do with how you think, your grade school memories have nothing to do with the topic.

at·tack   [uh-tak]
verb (used with object)
to set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with: He attacked him with his bare hands

The teacher also violated NY criminal code:

S 120.15 Menacing in the third degree.
A person is guilty of menacing in the third degree when, by physical
menace, he or she intentionally places or attempts to place another
person in fear of death, imminent serious physical injury or physical
injury.

S 120.00 Assault in the third degree.
A person is guilty of assault in the third degree when:
1. With intent to cause physical injury to another person, he causes
such injury to such person or to a third person; or
2. He recklessly causes physical injury to another person;

The kid not only was in fear of injury, he was in fact injured by the teacher.

A school teacher is not protected from immunity for violating NY criminal code in acts against minors or adults. Somebody interested in "blue order" might want to see the thug teacher arrested, prosecuted, and convicted.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I knew you were a teacher from another thread and wonderd about that salary. The teachers here dont make that much either. I dont know what the relavancy of this teachers salary is to the story though . It never gets explained.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

That wasn't about the video.

It was about the retarded attitude that one should never hit a kid under any circumstances.

I'm sorry, but i will defend myself against a kid if he or she intends to do me harm, regardless of what a retarded society says on the matter. A person has a right to defend themselves regardless of what anybody else says. And when you defend yourself you use overwhelming force to defeat your opponent, that's the only way to to end the conflict.

I'm sick and tired of this we must coddle and spoil the children crap.

Go ahead and get riled. It's a sickening attitude that a kid can do anything they want to without being held accountable for their actions, even if the action is "only verbal".

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

How silly of me.

..and did you see a gun or a knife?

The only time the kid started getting violent was when he felt he had no choice, after being pushed into table and slammed around. Almost any human would react in such a manner after being treated that way.

edit on 30-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

whisperingwind, it is true that he wasn't armed with anything, but your post seems like it implies he was acting only out of self defense. he was fighting 7 people. most of them security guards. i don't know about you, but if i was really innocent and some huge dude just swung me around the lobby, the last thing i'd be trying to do is fight off 5 innocent security guards who can lock me up for doing that alone.

there was more than self defense here. that much i think can be said.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
You know, I've been on these boards for a long time, longer than most other members, and to this day I can't predict how people will react to certain threads. You guys can stil surprise me, that's saying a lot.

If its a thread about government, they're evil. If its about police, they abuse authority. If its about a 300+ lbs adult throwing a child around, the kid deserved it.

You guys need too get your priorities straight and learn to find an outlet for your pent up frustration. The fact that so many of you seemingly enjoyed watching this really tells me a lot about your mental state.
I was sitting here thinking the same thing!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1

reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

here is a tip, stop being so self righteous when you haven''t REALLY a clue of what was going down there

Why do you feel it's important to tell me how to be, or to comment on your perception of my understanding?

Give me three reasons why I would be interested in any tips from you on how I should be?

The topic of the thread is the teacher bullying the student. Feel free to contribute if you have anything intelligent to add to the discussion about the topic.

When you are grandstanding about the clueless, maybe it is a bit closer to home than you think- okey doke?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
teacher 100k a year ???

im a little bit perplexed

does he teach rocket science

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKmonster
reply to post by blueorder

the salary effects my assessment in many ways, first the teacher is....a teacher, thats right its his job he is employed to educate the kids. not assualt them. so he should have a professional attitude towards his job, grabbing a kid like that is far from professional.

that makes no sense- you have moved from salary to profession, stay focussed

Second point: i don't know where that video is from but $90k a year ( - over £57000) is a high income for a teacher implying he's a key member of staff, deputy head teacher or headteacher maybe. this means he of all people should be most qualified to handle a situation like this..........

which backs up my point that it is not the behaviour you find unacceptable but rather the behaviour is either acceptable or unacceptable depending on the salary of the person- which is odd as hector

and i'm bored of ripping your arguement to shreds but i could go on for a while

too funny, such a high opinion of your offerings which, when assessed, has little to back it up

Go ahead superstar

link   
reply to post by facedye

whisperingwind, it is true that he wasn't armed with anything, but your post seems like it implies he was acting only out of self defense. he was fighting 7 people. most of them security guards. i don't know about you, but if i was really innocent and some huge dude just swung me around the lobby, the last thing i'd be trying to do is fight off 5 innocent security guards who can lock me up for doing that alone. there was more than self defense here. that much i think can be said.

The point I was making is that he was tossed around like a bag of potatoes way too much before he "lost it" and started fighting back.. You can't really blame him for losing it, can you?

You did make some valid points about how dangerous schools in certain areas have become, and the need to take security very seriously, and teachers not taking kindly to students who can't respect that. Yet sometimes I wonder if teachers just don't play the rule book a bit to far. If they knew this student, and he passed the scanners, and something legitimately happened to his Id card, and he has to write a final.. etc , etc.

But you were correct in saying, we DON"T know what all the details are prior to this event, so I will try to step back a bit, and be more open minded and realize I don't have all the info to make harsh judgements.

Really hate seeing kids tossed around like that though,
..and I can honestly understand why he lost it at some point.

link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

At which point did the kid do anything to harm the teacher?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
While they may explain a lot to do with how you think, your grade school memories have nothing to do with the topic.

they do, in the context of "attack", that was not an attack

at·tack   [uh-tak]
verb (used with object)
to set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with: He attacked him with his bare hands

look up restrain dictionary lover, come back with a summary of what it says as well

The teacher also violated NY criminal code:

according to you- give me your law enforcement/judicial background?

The kid not only was in fear of injury, he was in fact injured by the teacher.

kid was his own worst enemy in that vid

A school teacher is not protected from immunity for violating NY criminal code in acts against minors or adults. Somebody interested in "blue order" might want to see the thug teacher arrested, prosecuted, and convicted.

What a strange assessment of my username- nifty in fact

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by facedye
Being a brooklyn high school graduate myself, i'd have to say that you guys really don't know what it's like in a brooklyn high school if you haven't been there. teachers get disrespected and violated regularly - some of the student bodies are so generally dangerous and agitated that whole schools have been shut down to prevent further violence. this happens regularly.

I volunteered in a Brooklyn high school last January during Peace Week.

Violence in schools is a problem. The schools try very hard to teach the kids to NOT solve problems with violence and aggression.

The teacher did exactly what the schools are teaching kids NOT to do. If the teacher gets away with this without any negative consequences, the cycle of using violence to get what you want will only be perpetuated.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join