It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Attacked in School By Teacher Making $95,202 a year

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I'll wait for your summation

They interacted for 37 seconds. That's not very long.
edit on 2-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

Still enough to inflict fatal damage.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strainz

reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I'll wait for your summation

They interacted for 37 seconds. That's not very long.
edit on 2-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

Still enough to inflict fatal damage.

How many times did you actually watch the video? Once you say? There's your answer.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've watched it at least 10 times, pausing it often the last few times.

I did write out what I saw within those seconds , than as I was about to post, I realized that wasn't going to alter anyone viewpoint in here, because everyone has eyes, and they see what they see.

I'm not interested in any long debates over this, and I have stated how I feel about it too much already, and thats pretty much the extent I will go.

Time for me to bow out , and leave everyone to their own opinion, and I know what mine is.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The thing about this situation is nobody's going to convince the other side that they're correct, so they're just going to whine and berate people who disagree with them.

So much for maturity.

But the pacifists are wrong. People have a right to self defense, and it is wrong to antagonize another person.

How else do you end the situation?

there really is no other way to end the situation without getting physical.Especially when the other kid will not shut up and keep on antagonizing.

It doesn't matter what the adult does, according to a pacifist, the adult has to sit there and take it because it's just a kid.

That's the real immaturity. Nobody should have to take abuse, verbal or otherwise, kid or woman or man.

The only real reason is that they just want to be able to hurt people without any consequences.

I'd love to see how they'd react to a bunch of kids following them around and constantly berating and insulting them and harassing them to no end for months and even years. Oh wait, I know, it's that person's fault and they bring it on themselves because they exist when they're not supposed to.

I'd bet they'd not be pacifists any more.

People have a right to self defense, and to be secure in their persons.

Verbals abuse hurts just as much as physical abuse. In many cases, verbal abuse can cause long term problems such as social phobias and life long depression.

But who cares right? They're just kids, and you adults deserve it because you aren't respecting the kids. JUST SIT DOWN AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!

Utter nonsense.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
I've watched it at least 10 times, pausing it often the last few times.

I did write out what I saw within those seconds , than as I was about to post, I realized that wasn't going to alter anyone viewpoint in here, because everyone has eyes, and they see what they see.

I'm not interested in any long debates over this, and I have stated how I feel about it too much already, and thats pretty much the extent I will go.

Time for me to bow out , and leave everyone to their own opinion, and I know what mine is.

If that's what you feel you must do, but please don't be like many others and say you're bowing out then come right back to it tomorrow or I'll expect the "play by play" from you in order to maintain any respect and believe that you put in the effort.
I'm sure you understand that and would do the same, otherwise, someone could just "lie" and say they did it but really didn't.
See you in other threads to come.... perhaps we'll agree in the next one

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

You are probably right that ideas just won't be changed. I strongly feel that our perspective is correct, and you and I do agree on many things which helps me have respect for your opinions.

For others:
I still think several of the ideas are based on a single viewing or no viewing at all and want to challenge others to watch it several times from different perspectives.
For the people who are claiming abuse here, imagine yourself as the kid, imagine yourself as the adult, imagine yourself as a bystander or a guard ...look at all the aspects, then think about which is the most realistic given the interaction of ALL the people, not just the two focused on so far.

If he was really "abusing" the kid, would so many people have jumped in and grabbed the kid or would they have grabbed him? Would the other students willfully do as the "supposed aggressor" asked as he was motioning them on or would they have 'steered clear' or even confronted him. They were very "sociable" with him as he was directing them where to go, not really a reaction of someone who just "beat down" their "buddy".

There were a lot of people there and their interactions are just as important as the interactions of the one adult and one student. Those other people weren't watching a video, they were right there, in the middle of it and the focus was on calming the kid down or subduing him by each and every person present.

I just can't see this as a giant conspiracy where the entire school population wanted to beat down a sweet, innocent little angel. You can't get adults on here to agree with it, how are adults in real-life going to agree with it? How are they going to get a large group of students to agree with it then interact in a social manner with the one that was "beating him down"? Look at the big picture folks, and all of the angles.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

The problem is, you can't rely on eyewitnesses. Some witnesses would call that youth a black man on PCP who was attacking the man with a Gatling gun. Look at the differences in opinions of the posters here on the video itself.

People will see only what they want to see, and most will not have an objective mind. Especially if they're too emotionally invested in their opinions or beliefs.

And thanks for the compliment.

But you do understand that this is the internet. You're not supposed to agree with me, you're supposed to disagree with me, take it personally that I have a dissenting opinion, and insult and berate me. The rest of the posters have been following this rule.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
The thing about this situation is nobody's going to convince the other side that they're correct, so they're just going to whine and berate people who disagree with them.

So much for maturity.

But the pacifists are wrong. People have a right to self defense, and it is wrong to antagonize another person.

there really is no other way to end the situation without getting physical.Especially when the other kid will not shut up and keep on antagonizing.

It doesn't matter what the adult does, according to a pacifist, the adult has to sit there and take it because it's just a kid.

That's the real immaturity. Nobody should have to take abuse, verbal or otherwise, kid or woman or man.

The only real reason is that they just want to be able to hurt people without any consequences.

I'd love to see how they'd react to a bunch of kids following them around and constantly berating and insulting them and harassing them to no end for months and even years. Oh wait, I know, it's that person's fault and they bring it on themselves because they exist when they're not supposed to.

I'd bet they'd not be pacifists any more.

People have a right to self defense, and to be secure in their persons.

Verbals abuse hurts just as much as physical abuse. In many cases, verbal abuse can cause long term problems such as social phobias and life long depression.

But who cares right? They're just kids, and you adults deserve it because you aren't respecting the kids. JUST SIT DOWN AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!

Utter nonsense.

You make it sound like you haven't berated or antagonized anyone who has disagreed with you..

It is wrong to antagonize another person, but who did the original antagonistic actions is what is being questioned here.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The problem is, you can't rely on eyewitnesses. Some witnesses would call that youth a black man on PCP who was attacking the man with a Gatling gun. Look at the differences in opinions of the posters here on the video itself.

People will see only what they want to see, and most will not have an objective mind. Especially if they're too emotionally invested in their opinions or beliefs.

And thanks for the compliment.

But you do understand that this is the internet. You're not supposed to agree with me, you're supposed to disagree with me, take it personally that I have a dissenting opinion, and insult and berate me. The rest of the posters have been following this rule.

as soon as I disagree with you on something, I'll insult and berate you appropriately!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

You make it sound like you haven't berated or antagonized anyone who has disagreed with you..

It is wrong to antagonize another person, but who did the original antagonistic actions is what is being questioned here.

I don't know about him, but I've berated and antagonized plenty of people, but usually only after they do it first. ...the start the fights, I end them

The fact that the kid walked away and came back, and notice he moved very quickly coming back with his hand in the air like he was gesturing with what he was saying and got very, VERY close to the man he spoke with before, kind of "up in his face". That's what leads me to believe he was the antogonistic one.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

People have a right to self defense, but apparently not this child. How else to end the situation, don't get physical. Where does this kid verbally abuse the adult that is of a high position in the security section of the school. The adult is supposed to be highly trained and have an ability to deal with verbal abuse that generally comes with maturity, he's not a child anymore. The ADULT clearly lacks any ability to calm a situation, violence will always be his outcome.

There may be pacifists in this thread, I am not one of them, I believe physical discipline is suitable but not necessary for a child's upbringing. If you say it is the only way to keep children in line you are ignorant.

The adult can use his experience in the field and know how to control the situation without violence, he doesn't have to sit their, I believe a pacifist would agree.

I have shown this clip to people, all of which were shocked by the excessive force shown and inability of a highly paid - possibly highly trained individual to not have the expertise to handle this situation without the overuse of force. Less shocked to learn he was American. Not making a stab at all Americans but it would be clear to point out this country is seen as nothing more than violent.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

I don't think he's abusing the adult personally, I think he's threatening to come back with a gun and kill people.... and if so, the adult acted VERY appropriately.... of couse since the audio was omitted, we can't know that for sure.... how convenient for the bloggers pretending to be a news source that posted it and got the attention of the OP huh?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Strainz

I don't think he's abusing the adult personally, I think he's threatening to come back with a gun and kill people.... and if so, the adult acted VERY appropriately.... of couse since the audio was omitted, we can't know that for sure.... how convenient for the bloggers pretending to be a news source that posted it and got the attention of the OP huh?

What you are doing, is assuming he is threatening lethal force with a weapon without evidence to prove, and using this as justification. You have already defunct your opinion by assuming this was the case, when in fact it could be entirely accurate or entirely inaccurate. That being said, using the amount of physical force seen in the video could have been the tipping point for the child and the direct cause of a school massacre.

Furthermore if that child had been threatening severe violence with firearms or other weapons, that is the last way they should have dealt with him because it would only aggravate him further and make him likely to act on his threats.

In my eyes you have completely destroyed your opinion by suggesting without evidence, he threatened gun use, and then used this as your justification.

Was the audio omitted or did the security cam tech come without an audio option.

Stop making assumptions to justify your point and look at the only evidence we have. Excessive force, initiated by the head of security. It is very barbaric to use physical violence in retaliation to verbal abuse.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

I've been in the inner-city schools and I've SEEN and HEARD how the students there act. You can continue to believe they all act the way they do in whatever tiny little area you're in if you want, but it doesn't make it so.

Where is YOUR "play by play"? Or are you only claiming that you watched the video more than once but actually didn't?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

I didn't see any excessive force, I watched the video MANY times. I saw a delinquent probably threatening serious harm and feel the Dean of Security handled it correctly.
Glad he's been sent back to his own country where he can threaten their children instead of ours.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hope that school gets its a%% sued....the kid did the right thing by defending himself at the end..... keep fighting kid!!!

PurpleChiten chicken is blind.... pay no attention to his posts....

edit on 2-7-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

sure, the only one who's actually be IN those schools, the only one who gave a second-by-second description, the only one who has adequately defended their position...yeah, right... I'm blind.....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

Note* I have previously stated showing this footage to others, a properly functioning brain would assimilate this with multiple viewings of the footage. Your inability to distinguish between excessive force and the lesser is mind boggling to say the least.

I love the way you articulate , and your posts are so refreshing to read.

I applaud you , and the others who you showed it to, who saw it for what it was.

edit on 3-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strainz

Your posts hold no weight. Play by play? your saying you need screenshots? Didn't you say you have thoroughly watched the footage several times, somehow having access to how many times others have watched it, oh wait, your assuming again.

Your very good at assuming.

Note* I have previously stated showing this footage to others, a properly functioning brain would assimilate this with multiple viewings of the footage. Your inability to distinguish between excessive force and the lesser is mind boggling to say the least.

Those with minds can detect the truth to the matter quite well. Continue with your twisting and distorting if you must, but it is very clear to those who actually watch the video several times exactly what is going on. You choose to go by initial response instead of looking closely, therefore, your conclusions are skewed.

If that's what you wish to do, fine, but don't pretend you are doing otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join