It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Attacked in School By Teacher Making $95,202 a year

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

Did you watch the video?

Didn't you see that it was the kid who initiated the use of force?

The kid was trying to get in the school without an ID, which is illegal there.

How would you have handled that kind of situation without using force of any kind?

The kid was not about to listen to reason, so the guy had to act.

It is actually you people who are arguing that the kid should be allowed to do anything he wants to, even breaking the law and get away with it.

That is the real abuse.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I see, you have missed the word 'excessive' in my post. Pointless questions noted. So the teacher didn't grab his arm and pull it violently? Was it the other way around or am I blind?

Obviously the security officer didn't have the expertise to avoid physical confrontation, keeping in mind physical confrontation is easier.

How would you have handled that kind of situation without using force of any kind?

I'm sure your looking for me to give you a step-by-step guide to give you fuel for a fire.

I would have assured the child he would be in class shortly, but due to the sheer size of the schools populace and not knowing every face of the attendees we would have to delay his entry to class. I would further re-assure the 'child' he is not in trouble, but just has to await procedure. Of course all this would be said with a NON condescending tone, which most teachers fed up with children would use. This is just my non-professional attempt at what I would do, seeing as I am not an tertiary educated teacher, but one that I would assimilate to a family member whom looks after and teaches troubled youth and special needs children across the majority of schools within my city.

The kid was not about to listen to reason, so the guy had to act.

Wow, you where there? Which one were you in the video or are you simply taking this from a news abstract?

It is actually you people who are arguing that the kid should be allowed to do anything he wants to, even breaking the law and get away with it.

I have never argued that the child should be allowed to do anything he wants criminally.

I have argued that excessive force of a minor is abuse. Child Abuse is wrong. But I will assume as you do, seeing as its what people do these days, and say that you and 'your' people condone excessive abuse, that's abuse.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I'm a teacher. I want to know where in the US a teacher is making $95,000??!!! I have adv degrees and make a third of that!

It is a talking point created by certain factions in this country who advocate cutting public school funds in favor of private vouchers. It is misleading in the fact that pensions and benefits are added to the base salary in order to come up with a higher figure.

Notice that when talking about other salaries such as CEO's and people who work in private industry, benefits and pensions are never tacked on when coming up with the figure of annual salary..

Tricksy..

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strainz

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Strainz

You are not the thread police. He has not been off topic.

I am not intending to be the thread police, I just find it odd that PurpleChiten would associate excessive force with discipline. Does his statements condone the extent of the physical force used in this video as an appropriate and accurate means for discipline?

Okay..

So how is restraining a kid who is forcing himself through a security barrier excessive. He did not strike at the child, the only injuries possibly sustained (besides pride), were due to the fack that the kid was flailing himself about trying to get past security..

So, we just let the kid in and follow him around until he possibly stabs someone?! Yes, that one of the reasons security is there in the first place.. What the hell?!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleChiten

The head of security shown in the footage did not discipline the child, he assaulted the child. Don't go off topic to approve physical violence. Okay.

He was the head of security and dealing with a "criminal" and did the right thing

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Strainz

I am not intending to be the thread police, I just find it odd that PurpleChiten would associate excessive force with discipline. Does his statements condone the extent of the physical force used in this video as an appropriate and accurate means for discipline?

If the child had recieved discipline, he wouldn't have been in the criminal situation he was in and had to have been subdued by the security guard

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I see, you have missed the word 'excessive' in my post. Pointless questions noted. So the teacher didn't grab his arm and pull it violently? Was it the other way around or am I blind?

Obviously the security officer didn't have the expertise to avoid physical confrontation, keeping in mind physical confrontation is easier.

I'm sure your looking for me to give you a step-by-step guide to give you fuel for a fire.

I would have assured the child he would be in class shortly, but due to the sheer size of the schools populace and not knowing every face of the attendees we would have to delay his entry to class. I would further re-assure the 'child' he is not in trouble, but just has to await procedure. Of course all this would be said with a NON condescending tone, which most teachers fed up with children would use. This is just my non-professional attempt at what I would do, seeing as I am not an tertiary educated teacher, but one that I would assimilate to a family member whom looks after and teaches troubled youth and special needs children across the majority of schools within my city.

That's probably what the other guy told him that he "told off", walked away and went back to tell he was "gonna pop a cap in him". ... from the "feel" of the video of course...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

reply to post by Strainz

Okay..

So how is restraining a kid who is forcing himself through a security barrier excessive. He did not strike at the child, the only injuries possibly sustained (besides pride), were due to the fack that the kid was flailing himself about trying to get past security..

So, we just let the kid in and follow him around until he possibly stabs someone?! Yes, that one of the reasons security is there in the first place.. What the hell?!

I'm actually very glad that the people with sense on this thread are outnumbering the people without any sense.
Thank you for being someone with sense!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I'm actually very glad that the people with sense on this thread are outnumbering the people without any sense. Thank you for being someone with sense!!

That all depends on what your concept of sense is.

Many simply refuse to debate beyond a certain point with those who seem 'senseless" about what is extreme, and what is appropriate.

Saddest thing to me is how many that work within the system think this was not extreme, and beyond what is necessary.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Not sure why the teacher's salary is relevant at all. Child seemed to be acting strange. Maybe he was a zombie or possesed or under the influence of bath salts? Tough to say. If he was a zombie (all evidence points to this), then he had it coming, but if not it's a shame that teacher overreacted

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

What's sad to me is that some people seem to think that there isn't any reason for this at all, no matter what the circumstance, because you're not supposed to hurt a kid, no matter what kind of kid it is.

People have a right to self defense, no matter what the age of the person is who is attacking them.

And sometimes these kinds of actions are very necessary.

The biggest problem is that they're defining all children, each and every one of them, ebcause of an arbitrary number, and not as an individual. And that does a lot of harm, such as not allowing a person to defend themselves against a violent kid, because it's just a kid.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

What's sad to me is that some people seem to think that there isn't any reason for this at all, no matter what the circumstance, because you're not supposed to hurt a kid, no matter what kind of kid it is.

People have a right to self defense, no matter what the age of the person is who is attacking them.

And sometimes these kinds of actions are very necessary.

The biggest problem is that they're defining all children, each and every one of them, ebcause of an arbitrary number, and not as an individual. And that does a lot of harm, such as not allowing a person to defend themselves against a violent kid, because it's just a kid.

I didn't see any self defense on the adults part, only the childs after being slammed around like a bag of potatoes.

There lies the problem..your eyes saw a violent kid..my eyes saw a typical teenager who lost his ID card, and was frustrated about it, and security officer who could have handled it much more appropriately without the excessive force, that brought on the retaliation.

What is sad is that you even see this kid as violent, when in fact he was reacting to extreme measures of violence

Notice how he goes limp at some point, and the security officer is obviously choking him..thats when he starts fighting back.

So.. you think its ok for cops to do this to someone who mouths off to them while being questioned or detained? My guess is you'd be all over that scenario like a fly on sh***.

Hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

I'm actually very glad that the people with sense on this thread are outnumbering the people without any sense. Thank you for being someone with sense!!

That all depends on what your concept of sense is.

Many simply refuse to debate beyond a certain point with those who seem 'senseless" about what is extreme, and what is appropriate.

Saddest thing to me is how many that work within the system think this was not extreme, and beyond what is necessary.

the ones who work within the system are the ones who know how those "sweet, innocent angels" actually act when they're out on their own and know how violent they get... do you have any idea how many guns and knives can be found in one year in an inner city school??

www.sun-sentinel.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Note you're resorting to insults.

That means you lose.

And the kid did no such thing. HE INITIATED THE REACTION!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The audio was left off this video on purpose... they left it off for a reason. They wanted to paint it in the light of the "kid" being the victim. If you watch the video several times, very closely, your opinon will change... if you're capable of overcoming your preconcieved notion.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

Disrespectful punk kids do not respond to things like reason and logic and "pretty please with sugar on top". They only respond to discipline, that is the only way they can learn.

When I was a kid I was ALWAYS smacked by adults WHENEVER i was disrespectful in any way shape or form, even if I was just teasing or making a smart aleck joke.

Where were people like you back then? Why are you pos so prevalent in today's society now?

It's people like you that enable children to be disrespectful and antagonistic towards adults that make me sick. WTF is wrong with you?

I'm really sick of these bs attitudes that kids are so special they're above being disciplined for bad and rude behavior.

Just because you were abused as a child does not mean that every other minor deserves it as well. I don't understand all of this nonsense about today's generation not respecting adults when the adults have the nerve to not show them respect in the first place. How would you feel if you had been assaulted by a teacher like that?

There also seems to be a bit of a contradiction on this website in general when it comes to minors and authority; most people complain about schools preparing children for a police state but yet they want them to respect that kind of authority and think they deserve to be beaten. Physical abuse leads to obedience, which would mean that younger generations would not question anything.

I'm not saying that children have a right to do as they please, but if hurting them is the worst possible thing you can do, especially if it is over something idiotic such as an ID.

You have a lot issues that you should work on..

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

Just because you were abused as a child does not mean that every other minor deserves it as well. I don't understand all of this nonsense about today's generation not respecting adults when the adults have the nerve to not show them respect in the first place. How would you feel if you had been assaulted by a teacher like that?

There also seems to be a bit of a contradiction on this website in general when it comes to minors and authority; most people complain about schools preparing children for a police state but yet they want them to respect that kind of authority and think they deserve to be beaten. Physical abuse leads to obedience, which would mean that younger generations would not question anything.

I'm not saying that children have a right to do as they please, but if hurting them is the worst possible thing you can do, especially if it is over something idiotic such as an ID.

You have a lot issues that you should work on..

That's just it, they CLAIM it's about an ID, but I don't believe them. They CLAIM the student was a nice, sweet, innocent angel, but I don't believe them.
They intentionally left the audio off and I suspect they did it on purpose. I don't feel they are reporting TRUTH at all, they are skewing a story and even altering evidence in their own favor.

My belief is the kid talked to the person in charge, as seen in the video, walked away, as seen in the video, came back, as seen in the video, made verbal threats, possibly involving a gun, as seen in the video, then hurried away the second time.
He was asked something by the Dean of Security, as seen in the video, must have responded with more verbal threats because the Dean of Security took his arm, as seen in the video, then he started flailing all over the place and the Dean of Security had to try to contain and subdue him, as seen in the video.

Watch the video again, watch it a few times. Notice that when the kid isn't flailing his arms around the guy's head, the guy is calm and isn't "thrashing or pushing". When the kid is wrapped around the guy's waist, he just stands there, not laying a hand on him.

Too many people are watching the video with a preconcieved notion brought on by the "news story" instead of actually WATCHING the video (shame there's no audio with it, how convenient that they edited that out...).
Go back, watch it several times and see if your view of it doesn't change when you watch with an open mind and actually look at what's happening.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Note you're resorting to insults.

That means you lose.

And the kid did no such thing. HE INITIATED THE REACTION!

no..just stating the truth..you are a hypocrite if you can bash police brutally and say this ok..

Like you haven't resorted to insulting me numerous times on a few threads..
guess that means you lost ?

He may have initiated a reaction, but it was much to extreme and inappropriate..

You make it sound like those who suffer police brutality never initiated a reaction , and are totally innocent ? ..and they aren't 12 year old boys.

Let's make it clear I don't agree with police brutality, nor do I agree with a 300 lb security officer throwing a 12 year old kid around, putting him in a choke hold, and not expect him to try and fight back at some point.

You can't have it both ways BFFT.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

Respect is earned, not given.

What have the kids done to earn respect? Why do they deserve respect just because they're kids? And don't respond to this with another question like everybody else does.

And stop attacking me on a personal level.

Just because you disagree with me does not give you the right to attack me on a personal level.

If you have to resort to personal insults you have issues yourself and have no leg to stand on.

This is why I don't believe in respect. No matter what I say now matter how I say it.people always personally attack me when I disagree with them. There is no respect for me.

Respect is horsecrap.

People who demand respect the most are the ones who never return it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I do not bash police brutality. Sometimes there is a need for it. I only criticize it when it is wrong to do so.

In this case it was needed because the kid went out of control.

And I have never insulted you.

And bringing in police brutality is irrelevant.

This has nothing to do with the police.

edit on 2-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join