It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your July 4 Fireworks: Made in China, Like Everything Else

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So, you dont see the irony and shining example of hypocrisy in cities and individuals spending millions of dollars that will go to a dictatorship to celebrate 'Liberty'.

Noted.

Here's a different example for you: Let's all celebrate being vegan by buying big macs from mcdonalds.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Why are people up in arms that a product which originated in China, is made in China? I agree that it's crazy they made the "Made In America" stickers and stuff, but come on, the fireworks thing is a moot point.

I see now that you totally are missing the point.

Intentionally so?

Celebrating Freedom with products made in a country without freedom. Awesome! USA!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You don't seem to understand that it's non-issue.

Yeah I see the hypocracy, there's plenty to go around in America, and everywhere else.

However, the 4th of July isn't the kind of thing you try and bring that up with. Why?

Cause Patriotic Americans, don't care about where that stuff comes from, they just wanna celebrate their freedom.

The fact that fireworks come from ANY country at all, doesn't matter to them, so why does it matter to you?

Your whole diatribe is completely innefective, in the face of what Modern America has become. It really only serves to fear monger others into hating China more and more, since they are doing a better job than America with their own economy, cause they have a plan and jazz and the US doesn't.

It's scary to think America isn't #1 anymore isn't it? For Americans that is, the rest of the world knew this was the case like...20 years ago.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Your whole diatribe is completely innefective, in the face of what Modern America has become. It really only serves to fear monger others into hating China more and more, since they are doing a better job than America with their own economy, cause they have a plan and jazz and the US doesn't.

Nonsense. NOTHING about this is anti-China. Nothing at all.

Methinks you are just reaching quite far to be contrary.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Fireworks have been a predominantly Chinese product since they first made their way to the US. This has been the case since back in the days of the chinese railroad workers.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Fireworks have been a predominantly Chinese product since they first made their way to the US. This has been the case since back in the days of the chinese railroad workers.

Actually, previous to that, as well.

Regardless, it has nothing to do with the topic, really.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Obviously before then, as if they were chinese when they got over here, they were chinese before hand.

And it has EVERYTHING to do with the topic. The chinese INVENTED fireworks. It only makes sense that many still do come from there.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

IT has everything to do with the topic. You are complaining that Americans are buying fireworks, from the people who invented fireworks and are the largest producers of Fireworks on the planet.

And you think that the fact that they invented them, has nothing to do with why people buy them from China?

Come on.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

IT has everything to do with the topic. You are complaining that Americans are buying fireworks, from the people who invented fireworks and are the largest producers of Fireworks on the planet.

And you think that the fact that they invented them, has nothing to do with why people buy them from China?

Come on.

~Tenth

I am noting the irony of symbols of 'freedom' being purchased, en mass, from a totalitarian government.

I also get that you are desperately trying to avoid that simple point.

If you dont get irony, that is fine Feel FREE* to not comment further.

*also ironic. get it? Of course you dont.
edit on 30-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

. The chinese INVENTED fireworks. It only makes sense that many still do come from there.

Oh sweet jumping Jehoshaphat.

I'm not complaining about China making fireworks.

I'm noting a certain amount of hypocrisy in the American public.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

No, I agreed on multiple occasions in these posts that the irony is clear. It's just not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. There are bigger problems with celebrating freedom in a country that has VERY little of it to begin with, than them buying Chinese Fireworks.

How about the irony of celebrating freedom in the face of having their financial sovereignty sold form underneath them about 100 years ago?

How about the Irony of celebrating Freedom when America consistently removes freedom from the populaces of countries they do not agree with?

Those are real issues.

Fireworks, are not.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Fireworks have been predominantly Chinese since they invented gunpowder...

They should be pissed at America for abusing their tradition...celebrating freedom and Democracy is like slap in their face every time we light one of those little buggers off...

HOW DARE WE.....

edit on 30-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yo backpedal is noted.

Thanks for taking the time to comment several times on a thread discussing a topic that you thik isnt worthy of attention.

Also, congrats on getting me to unsubscribe from my own thread!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
These posts are off topic.

I made my point, you're going to run away from it, that's fine.

Carry on.
edit on 6/30/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It's funny, cause a backpedal, would mean I was retracting what I was saying in favor of something else right?

Well according to these posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I clearly stated the hypocracy was there. So please do not accuse me of something I did not do

~Tenth

Get back on topic or I will shut this post down!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How again is it "hypocrisy" ?

Nations world wide use fireworks for a myriad of reasons, now if behavior was not legislated as it is now there would be more fireworks made here than there..

All the really cool fireworks have been made illegal because people can't be trusted like anything else they need mother and father government to take away their "toys".
edit on 30-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There is always a bottle of Champagne at our Thanksgiving table.
The regular wine is usually Napa region though.

This particular thing, the fireworks, doesn't bother me at all.

Now this problem of almost everything else being made in China, that bothers me,
But it's not China's fault.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I use to be on a bomb squad ...ya know how you learn to disarm them???? Ya learn to make them...I got a A+

I get some good stuff made in China and the U.S. and make them better...Nuttin like a good 4th of July party celebrating our country with Beer BBQ and FIRE WORKS...the kid's love them...and us big kid's too

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Fireworks have been predominantly Chinese since they invented gunpowder...

edit on 30-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Actually:

Even though China invented the fireworks, Europe surpassed them in pyrotechnic development in the 14th century, which coincides with the time the gun was invented. Shot and gunpowder for military use was made by skilled tradesmen, later called firemakers, who also made fireworks for peace or victory celebrations.

During the Renaissance, two European schools of pyrotechnic thought emerged: one in Italy and the other at Nuremberg, Germany.

The Italian school of pyrotechnics emphasized elaborate fireworks, and the German school stressed scientific advancement. Both schools added significantly to further development of pyrotechnics, and by the mid-17th century fireworks were used for entertainment on an unprecedented scale in Europe, being popular even at resorts and public gardens.

Cited references - 1994 Funk & Wagnall's Corporation. Lancaster, Ronald, et al., Fireworks Principles and Practice. 1972, New Grolier Encyclopedia

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

How ironic is it that Americans will yet again be celebrating their 'freedom' by waving flags and shooting off fireworks that are made in China?

So make sure you go out and celebrate your 'Freedom", America, with some fireworks and plastic flags made by children in a dictatorship thousands of miles form your shores!

Liberty!

I Will !

And I'll by driving my Electric Bike made in China and puffing on my Electronic Cigarette also made in China,

- and Thank God and The Founding Fathers I have the Freedom and Liberty to choose to buy my products from a nation that can deliver quality at a fair price - even if they do have to ship from overseas.

The Electric Cigarettes and Electric Bike are not made in the USA at reasonable prices so I will gladly buy them from China. China can make these things cheaper for a number of reasons It's not all about child labor - all companies do not use child labor. China has access to the largest deposits of Lithium on the planet, They can make cheap batteries for these devices than anyone else can. You just have to do your research and know if the company your buying from is reputable or not.

That said, it's sad that politics, money, power and greed in the USA has destroyed the U.S. dollar, has destroyed industry has destroyed The American way of Life. Made in America isn't worth the paper it's printed on these days.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join