It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

world war 3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Does anybody out there actually think there will be an iminent war on a global scale?

I for one don't, i've read loads of threads about how china will invade taiwan, north and south ckorea will wage nuclear war, even russia "acccidentally" launching nukes on the usa!

Surely eveyone knows that the uk, usa etc as a combined force have enough power etc to prevent such a scenario from rising, even if it isn't always done in the best possible way (are u listening mr bush?).

Sure, other countries have manpower a couple of nukes and "dirty weapons" but they know that any attack on usa, uk, would just be suicide.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
suicide bombers
never heard of them before

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
im not referring to an iraq scenario im talking full scale warfare, i dont think a war like that can be fought with suicide bombers

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think they could attack america, but the problem would be that they couldnt do it at wide scale, they could never invade the US UK or most countries for that matter.

I think if a country invades Israel, then something bigger would start. THe scenario that Russia accidentally or purposely launching a nuke over here seems pretty farfetched.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The smallest action can have a large outcome. The killing of an arch duke caused a world war. The US almost went to was with the USSR during the Cuban missile crisis.

All it would take is for the Chinese to demand Tiawan to part of itself or if Israel to attack the reators in Iran, which causes the Iranians to attack back. Thus causing the world to choose sides and escalate the situation.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think it may happen but will be lopsided because america and her allies together are just too powerful or essentially any nation to take on.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I think if a country invades Israel, then something bigger would start.

A WWI scenario.

There has been talk of isreal launching possible airstrikes against irans nuclear sites....i think itd be better to do some specialops...like when bitish troops destroyed a german factory in norway that was producing heavy water, and to let the germans know it was the british and not the local populace they left a thompson behind (thats one of my favorite WWII stories) Well like Einstein once put it "I don't know how WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."

new topics

top topics

join