It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia skies are red?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
How can you conclude it is somehow different if you haven't seen it for yourself?
The sky can be every color of the rainbow. It's normal, no matter what color red you might perceive it to be. If you do a search at Google image using "red sky" there are 1,460,000,000 hits.
edit on 4-1-2013 by stars15k because: restructed sentence for clarity

I took the pic myself out my window - have lived here for 10 years and never seen it like that before.
I am not concluding or suggesting anything - it just looks odd for this time of night.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Sounds like our skies here in Phoenix during monsoon season. We Get red, Green, Grey, you name it.
Red is common here, so is pink. The couple times I have seen the green is when I worried.

You are having a red sky, could be dust in the air, from the T storm? It can kick up into the atmosphere before the storm approaches, as with our monsoons. Smoke as was said will do that too. I have seen it plenty of times, and not just the sunset, but is common here.

That picture posted earlier on here, is a perfect example. Also the clouds will reflect the sun, dust particles, etc.
edit on 4-1-2013 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Low clouds plus light pollution makes for that look. Congrats, you just noticed what I see most of the year living in FL. Normally, the neighborhood's reddish-orange hued streetlights are reflected most, but there are nights when the cloud level is low enough to reflect all kinds of light pollution in my area. I can have reddish-orange neighborhood lights hues to the left, blue-ish main road streetlight hues to the right, and a purple-ish blend in between back & forward. Basically, some nights look like a kid got into the paints & messed up the clouds
You should see my neighborhood when it's really foggy, it's almost macabre.

<< 1  2   >>

join