It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia skies are red?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

LOL I think it was Confucius who said "He who is drowned is not troubled by the rain."

sorry, not being facetious here just a little whimsical. It doesn't mean to off yourself, but to totally immerse yourself in whatever you do in case some might think otherwise.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33
here is something strange, I live in brazil, and the other morning i woke at sunrise and saw a purple sky in front of the sun. never seen that before, red skies yes purple, never, it was very weird.

Sorry, that was me, I did a fly over

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Sounds like a bad storm. Did you have any wind damage to your place?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

We had lots of large branches down and lost some shingles on
the roof of the garage. We were lucky!

Oh yea, we lost the picnic table, broken legs.
edit on 29-6-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Don't let the royal purple go to your head. Maybe I'm a little late on my warning

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It blew my patio furniture and a very heavy bar-b-que grill right off my deck, took part of the tin roof off a shed and there was debris everywhere.
I'm out in the boonies so not sure what the neighbors look like, but it tore up jack around here...nothing that can't be fixed though and no absolute devastation.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Don't let the royal purple go to your head. Maybe I'm a little late on my warning

It's from my head all the way down to my tailfeathers!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I still need to get a gallon of tar for emergency prep. I have enough wood here to cover the windows if needed. The place I'm storing it will probably get sucked up by a twister.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have experience about 4 hurricane's and let me tell you that when they were approaching just before it hits land the sky turns red. So it must be bad weather related.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It is hell you see coming from the west from you.
It has already hit here and its hot as hell.
Or the smoke from all those fires out west.
Saw that before.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marsoto

thank you

Wife just got off the phone with her friend in WV and while the storm has passed according to weather channel radar power is out and they are going to bed early. I guess in the daylight more info about damage will come out but from what I heard it sounded really bad.

The weather will flare up again for WV around 4PM tomorrow with isolated t-storms so I guess anyone who was in the path of this one should keep a heads up on developing conditions tomorrow as well.

Thanks for the links guys and gals. Was a moment of awe there that had me wondering

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It is hell you see coming from the west from you.
It has already hit here and its hot as hell.
Or the smoke from all those fires out west.
Saw that before.

The fires may very well have contributed to the strength of the storm. All the extra debris in the atmosphere as well as moisture from the water they've used to fight the fire could have certainly built up.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
We had red skies in Pittsburgh this evening. It finally rained with a little thunder and lightning and some close by areas had some higher winds, then the red sky.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

no the clouds themselves were purple and i mean it was nothing like this. it was as if u took a crayon and painted white clouds with light purple paint. i have seen many sunsets and sunrises and this was the first time i ever saw the the clouds like this.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

It's something called Rayleigh Scattering (which is also why the sky is blue). With the increased water vapor forming the clouds (water being a polar molecule), the refraction of the light produces a purple hue. Of course with the extreme temperatures, additional particles in the atmosphere most likely from the massive fires to the west and other factors, the purple looks more extreme then what we're accustomed to. The water droplets are larger since the dust and ash particles are larger and they aren't as "packed together" so we get more sunlight coming through than we normally do with the dark gray clouds associated with thunderstorms, giving us the purple hue instead of just gray due to the sunlight being more "blocked" by the closeness of the molecules in the dark gray clouds.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I took a couple of pics earlier, before the storm and then the sunset after. It was just a pretty bad line of thunderstorms that rolled through and finally cleared right at sunset. The sky was a brilliant pink and purple but nothing abnormal in my opinion. Excuse the pics as they were the best i could get using my phone and I hope this works because its been a good while since I posted any images here!

Clouds before the storm

[img]/img38.imageshack.us...[img]

Sunset after

img805.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
A friend of mine took this picture in Texas on Tuesday. There was a storm coming through the area at the time. He was really tripping out about the colors outside and said the camera just doesn't do it justice.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
We get skies like that in AZ from time to time. Normally means a lot of particles in the air.

I have also seen some pretty purple sunsets and the occasional sunrise.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Never seen the sky like this so late. Taken 4th January @ 10:45pm

edit on 4/1/2013 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
How can you conclude it is somehow different if you haven't seen it for yourself?
The sky can be every color of the rainbow. It's normal, no matter what color red you might perceive it to be. If you do a search at Google image using "red sky" there are 1,460,000,000 hits.
edit on 4-1-2013 by stars15k because: restructed sentence for clarity

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join