It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chit Chat for ATS Regent Election

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I was the ADHD Gifted kid that drives teachers crazy because they get "bored" and have to entertain themselves. I'd do all my homework, ask for more, do the next day's work, then get out of class the next day because it drove the teacher nuts....4.0+ GPA (weighted classes) , Presidential Scholarship, Valedictorian, voted "most mischevious" and had a really, really long rap sheet

Now..............why does that not surprise me.

NB: The banter between you and Ipsissimusmagus had me in stitches - my face still hurts. Love the Walmart Billboard, and the purple dinosaur father thing - classic stuff.

LOL...me too....that was really funny...I'm completely amazed at how creative all the canidates have been, just when I think it can't get any better...it does.....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I was the ADHD Gifted kid that drives teachers crazy because they get "bored" and have to entertain themselves. I'd do all my homework, ask for more, do the next day's work, then get out of class the next day because it drove the teacher nuts....4.0+ GPA (weighted classes) , Presidential Scholarship, Valedictorian, voted "most mischevious" and had a really, really long rap sheet

Now..............why does that not surprise me.

NB: The banter between you and Ipsissimusmagus had me in stitches - my face still hurts. Love the Walmart Billboard, and the purple dinosaur father thing - classic stuff.

With the fortune he left me, I'll sing "I love you, you love me, we're a happy fam-i-lyyyy" anytime anybody wants!!!

I finally gave up on getting upset at Ipsie-bipsie-spider-man and now just play along

edit on 2-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Agreed - It's a pleasure being in the company of such acute and sharp minds. The site owners should be proud to have people like this as members.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Will you post the chiten dance video in this thread, lol, I wanna watch it this morning......so far that is my favorite.....absolutely cracked me up....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Sure! Ain't no thang but a chiten wang!
(my great nieces LOVE that movie!!!)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
you can watch the movie in "pieces"....gotta love it!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Good Morning ATS

edit on 7/2/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

LOLOLO...Thank-You......very, very funny.........

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

LMAO.....OMG....that was without a doubt the funniest video so far........Damm you.....I still friggin Love You...♥

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Be sure to check the other thread, I think they're ready for voting and stuff..

i gotta have a nap before I write a summation.... and let my chiten-spirits speak to me in my dreams as I have an out of body experience, get kidnapped by aliens, witness the end of the world and open my third eye...and fourth and fifth one too!!
..... and snore

edit on 2-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Sweet Dreams Chiten.....your all winners.......and in "spirt" I give my vote to all concerned.....but at the end of the day "party loyality" will decide my vote.......

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Gotta leave some videos for ya while I drift away in slumber land!

ahhhhh the story of my life....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Occupy the Voting Booth

IpsissimusMagus Regent (Summation)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well sadly, none of my short stories earned enough votes for me to gain writer status here in ATS Virtual World, as the good citizens did not think they were that great..

........so I am voting for the candidate who promises me writer status should they be elected

lol... yes I could try again next contest (which I will) however, I figure if I have a vote that can be bought... why not sell it?

writing is why I immigrated to this good world after all! (it really was why I joined this site!)
edit on 2-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Can you explain to me how these writing contests work? If you win you get "writer" status? will you post your stories here, I would enjoy reading them....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The Short story section of ATS is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Three of my entries in the contest which just ended is here in the short story section if you want to read them. www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The contests works the same way the candidate voting works, ie: members vote for your story by adding a flag to the thread with your story in it.

And yeah, if you win a contest (be in the top three) you attain 5 applauses and 'writer' status. Which is reasonable meaningless outside of the fact it means others believe you can write.

The reason I joined the site is that I found one of the short story contests through google and thought well that would be a good way to find out if people thought I had some talent for writing. Since I do want to write professionally....

But alas, this contest is over, we will just have to wait for the next one.This one did teach me a lot though, and I made some mistakes, writing short stories is not always as easy because I was feeling like I had to rush the story. But I will improve, and continue to enter these contests.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
Well sadly, none of my short stories earned enough votes for me to gain writer status here in ATS Virtual World, as the good citizens did not think they were that great..

........so I am voting for the candidate who promises me writer status should they be elected

lol... yes I could try again next contest (which I will) however, I figure if I have a vote that can be bought... why not sell it?

writing is why I immigrated to this good world after all! (it really was why I joined this site!)

You don't have to vote for me, but the next time there's a writing competition, if you send me a link, I'll read it and vote for you

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Oh , how cool.........look forward to reading your stories....Thank-You......will get back to you with my thoughts, lol, whatever that is worth......

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Why thank you PurpleChiten! (although in reality you really only should flag it if you think it is good!)

and thats cool Mountainlaurel, I look forward to your input!
And yes your input has worth!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

WOW, just read your first story, that was a GREAT........I was moved, really could feel the experience, it's was a "turn on" on many levels...and a happy ending too....excellent........is the wolf in your pic the wolf in the story?
I thought you were a man for some reason, are you a woman?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join