It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chit Chat for ATS Regent Election

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
LOL....welll sounds like we have a few "left feet" in the group...so I suggest at any future events that may involve dancing we don't allow filming of any sort...

What's something cool you have been taught by a kid?

I actually have 3-4 left feet when it comes to dancing.

Let's see, something cool I have been taught by a kid.

I don't know if this qualifies as cool or not but my Niece taught me how to make wallets, purses and flowers out of duct tape. It's been a while since I made one with her but I could probably still remember how if I had a roll of duct tape in front of me

She used to take the ones she made and sell them for a few bucks. A little entrepreneur!

Something cool of a more sentimental value, is something my Niece and Nephew helped to teach me to understand on a deeper level, is that with out love in your life, you are truly lost.... They taught me this through their actions and through being great kids.

They helped me to understand the greatness and importance of love.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I have seen that duck tape art...and they have beautiful duct tape now too! I've only seen this "designer" duck tape this last year....thought it was pretty fun.

I agree that kids can teach us alot about Love....lol....and that includes "loving" them when they are teenagers...talk about a "test" of faith.....yikes......

That's a fun question...what were you like as a teenager? What "crowd" were you in, Jock, Nerd, Cool kids, etc.?

For myself I would say I was a "crowd" jumper....played Volleyball, so could relate to Jocks, I liked school and was really into horticulture, so related to Nerds, I absolutely would not tolerate bullying around me, and took many a nerd out of bad situations because I was also a Cool kid, which gave me a certain about of "clout", plus my long time BF...age 12 till I went away to school...was very popular and played drums in a band....and if you "messed" with me or anyone I cared about, he would "deal" with you.....

It's funny, after all these years he still seems to have a 6th sense when it comes to me, I just got an e-mail from him, asking how I was.......lol...well as many of you know, probably more then you wanted, not so good lately...and although he is happily married now, and it's completely innocent....somehow he "knew" hearing from him would really cheer me up.....I didn't even tell him what was going on, I just said I was good, and asked him to say Hi to his family.....but it made me smile......

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Happy Sunday everyone...... sorry i wasn't on, I dunno what happened, i had no internet but I'm back

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Happy Sunday everyone...... sorry i wasn't on, I dunno what happened, i had no internet but I'm back

We had cookies. I tried to save you some. But the others were circling them like sharks.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Beez,

I blame this one

For all my internet issues today.........

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

.what were you like as a teenager? What "crowd" were you in, Jock, Nerd, Cool kids, etc.?

I would like to plead the fifth on that one

Okay, but really, I admit, I was a rather rebellious teenager. A trouble maker. Not mean by any means. I was sort of...The class clown type, perhaps... Skipped school some, like most kids do at some point or another.Just causing general trouble at school....I refuse to go into specifics though!

I was lucky enough to fit in with everyone. A crowd jumper as you call it. For whatever reason, I was welcome and fit in with all groups of people....

Though the teachers were kind of fed up with me at times.

I have done a lot of growing up though and am much more responsible with my mischief.

edit on 1-7-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

LOL...I knew you had a "dark side" ....yeah I was a handful in my teens too.....and it is absolutely true when your Mom tells you, "just wait till your a Mom"...., lol, probably the same thing with Father's saying something similiar to thier Sons, we should have listened. My Smart, Funny, Beautiful Daughter was been the "ultimate" Karma lesson, and my Mom had it "almost" completely right...♥

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

To be more open minded and "just be."

Kids live so much in there here and now, they don't stress about things the way adults do. I think if we as people lived more like that, there wouldn't be so much doom and gloom in the world.
edit on 1-7-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

LOL...I knew you had a "dark side" ....yeah I was a handful in my teens too.....and it is absolutely true when your Mom tells you, "just wait till your a Mom"...., lol, probably the same thing with Father's saying something similiar to thier Sons, we should have listened. My Smart, Funny, Beautiful Daughter was been the "ultimate" Karma lesson, and my Mom had it "almost" completely right...♥

My mom's piece of advice for raising children.... " Been there, done that, screwed it up, now it's your turn".

Well, hopefully I wont screw up being a dad.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

cool kid here, but a strange nickname for hanging with the crowd I did, but they nicknamed me so I am proud of that too I suppose.... my nickname was :The brain:...lol... but I hung with the cool kids

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

How to examine a flower as if I'd never seen one before.

Because I guess I really hadn't.

Until I learned how to look.

From a child.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
What's a regent?

I think it's a type of Buick.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

That's a fun question...what were you like as a teenager? What "crowd" were you in, Jock, Nerd, Cool kids, etc.?

Evil.

Pure evil.

I didn't have a "crowd". I was a loner. I was the kid that everyone said "he was such a quiet kid... who knew?"

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

How to examine a flower as if I'd never seen one before.

Because I guess I really hadn't.

Until I learned how to look.

From a child.

Awwwww, now that was very sweet, you "had me" at "flower", LOL...not bad from a man who was once an "evil" teenager.......

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I guess maybe there is a possibility that I AM trainable - it just takes a kid to get the job done!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I was the ADHD Gifted kid that drives teachers crazy because they get "bored" and have to entertain themselves. I'd do all my homework, ask for more, do the next day's work, then get out of class the next day because it drove the teacher nuts....4.0+ GPA (weighted classes) , Presidential Scholarship, Valedictorian, voted "most mischevious" and had a really, really long rap sheet

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

edit on 1-7-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

To embrace my inner child!! .... and be a PURPLE CHITEN!! BWWAAAAACCCKKKK

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

cool kid here, but a strange nickname for hanging with the crowd I did, but they nicknamed me so I am proud of that too I suppose.... my nickname was :The brain:...lol... but I hung with the cool kids

That's awesome........The "Brain" huh.....pretty powerful stuff to be smart and "cool".....and clearly your still a "leader".......again, I was so impressed by your interviews of the canidates.......very "cool" stuff....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I was the ADHD Gifted kid that drives teachers crazy because they get "bored" and have to entertain themselves. I'd do all my homework, ask for more, do the next day's work, then get out of class the next day because it drove the teacher nuts....4.0+ GPA (weighted classes) , Presidential Scholarship, Valedictorian, voted "most mischevious" and had a really, really long rap sheet

Now..............why does that not surprise me.

NB: The banter between you and Ipsissimusmagus had me in stitches - my face still hurts. Love the Walmart Billboard, and the purple dinosaur father thing - classic stuff.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

To be more open minded and "just be."

Kids live so much in there here and now, they don't stress about things the way adults do. I think if we as people lived more like that, there wouldn't be so much doom and gloom in the world.
edit on 1-7-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

How are you feeling? Are you still in the hospital? Everytime I think about you having to use a cell phone to go on-line....I feel your "pain"......hope your better soon...♫

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join