It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chit Chat for ATS Regent Election

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

haha, he always wore the tighty whiteys...

It made it that much worse for everyone involved.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel.

OK, this is a good question for eveyone, do you like to dance? What kind of Music?

I admit I do like to dance ( Not so much in public though. ). I am not a good dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like to dance.

Well, my favorite music is obviously The Beatles and John Lennon, but that is not always the easiest to dance to...

Throw a record on ( Or for us younger folk, plug in your ipod) put on a song and I will give it my best shot.

And I do allow pointing and laughing.
edit on 1-7-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
As for embarrassing, the list is endless and I'm only allowed 5000 characters in my posts still, so just a couple, then.

First was an ongoing one actually. I am incredibly uncoordinated. I'm constantly tripping over my own feet or even nothing at all. I am always tripping up the stairs. This happened on a regular basis in high school (not like it stopped actually, I did this just earlier today, too), and at least a couple of times a week I would trip up the stairs and sprawl full out in front of everyone. Books and papers flying everywhere. It looked like a blizzard when I went flying. It got to the point that it happened so often I just wasn't embarrassed by it anymore. And everyone else just expected it.

Worse though, was also back in high school. I was on the color guard. We went out and did the routines with the flags for the half time shows for our football team. There was one routine we were doing that I could not get the very last move of the routine down. We only had one week to learn this routine before the game and it was one that required a lot of coordination to pull off and I spent hours every day that week trying to pull it off. I kept getting so close and was determined that I would have it down by the game. We go out and perform and everything is going perfectly and I am confident that I am home clear. We get to the end of the song and the last move in the routine and I completely blanked and couldn't figure out how to get that move, I tried, and failed...spectacularly. I was the only one that did some completely random move and it was really noticeable. I never did live that one down.

As to if I can dance or what I like to dance to. Well, you read the top half of this post, right? Now imagine how I must dance if I can't even make it up a set of stairs unscathed! Yeah, no one lets me dance for fear that I'll end up accidentally killing myself.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
As for embarrassing, the list is endless and I'm only allowed 5000 characters in my posts still, so just a couple, then.

First was an ongoing one actually. I am incredibly uncoordinated. I'm constantly tripping over my own feet or even nothing at all. I am always tripping up the stairs. This happened on a regular basis in high school (not like it stopped actually, I did this just earlier today, too), and at least a couple of times a week I would trip up the stairs and sprawl full out in front of everyone. Books and papers flying everywhere. It looked like a blizzard when I went flying. It got to the point that it happened so often I just wasn't embarrassed by it anymore. And everyone else just expected it.

Worse though, was also back in high school. I was on the color guard. We went out and did the routines with the flags for the half time shows for our football team. There was one routine we were doing that I could not get the very last move of the routine down. We only had one week to learn this routine before the game and it was one that required a lot of coordination to pull off and I spent hours every day that week trying to pull it off. I kept getting so close and was determined that I would have it down by the game. We go out and perform and everything is going perfectly and I am confident that I am home clear. We get to the end of the song and the last move in the routine and I completely blanked and couldn't figure out how to get that move, I tried, and failed...spectacularly. I was the only one that did some completely random move and it was really noticeable. I never did live that one down.

As to if I can dance or what I like to dance to. Well, you read the top half of this post, right? Now imagine how I must dance if I can't even make it up a set of stairs unscathed! Yeah, no one lets me dance for fear that I'll end up accidentally killing myself.

Take care,
Cindi

awwww mannnn sounds kinda embarassing

....ummmm should you have really been in color guard if you tripped going up stairs?

I'm uncoordinated sometimes too. I get distracted easy and kinda run into things

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

LOL! Probably not, all things considered, but I did do really well in try outs so I made the team. For all of the years that I did flags, that was the only one that I had trouble mastering. I practiced a lot and did well with the rest of the routines.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Okies, you can have alllll the dummies and I get alllll the smart people!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

If they're smart then they know better than to vote for you.

edit on 7/1/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

If they're smart then they know better than to vote for you.

nuhhhh uhhhh, I'm the good lookin one with the time machine!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I have seen your future job.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

OK, this is a good question for eveyone, do you like to dance? What kind of Music?

I have to answer that in song - Maestro, strike up the band!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

And you even managed to pick an old man song to clarify that You Can't Dance.

How appropriate...

Alcohol is a big factor in my dance routines. The more, the better...
Usually after several liquid deinhibitors, the music is just background noise anyway...

I just try to stick to singing. That's something I can do...

edit on 1-7-2012 by 74Templar because: ETA

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I sing every now and then... I can't sing, but I do it anyways!

At least it scares the rodents away from my house....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Search your heart Chiten. You know it's true.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I have seen your future job.

Cool, as CEO, I could really straighten that place out!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
LOL....welll sounds like we have a few "left feet" in the group...so I suggest at any future events that may involve dancing we don't allow filming of any sort....I used to think I was a good dancer until my daughter starting giving me ummm "suggestions" that I flung my arms around way to much....very un-cool these days, apparently you need to keep your arms close to the body to be "cool" these days. I been practicing though, lol...she even taught me the "head" roll. My all time favorite song to dance to is "Love Shack" by B-52's......

What's something cool you have been taught by a kid?
edit on 1-7-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What's a regent?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Search your heart Chiten. You know it's true.

you laugh now... but he left me a FORTUNE!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
What's a regent?

Beez explains the actual definition and also the one for this "experiment" in his OP here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-7-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
What's a regent?

It's an artificial title for an artificial office that doesn't actually exist but serves as the purpose for our "election".
Kind of like "widgets" used when discussing creating a business like in the movie "Back to School". ...the election process is the experiment, the "Regent" is the theoretical goal without any actual power, responsibility or rights. Part of the "election process" has been defining what we think it "should" be, but it will never actually exist.
....just a fun social experiment

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join