Chit Chat for ATS Regent Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

LOLOLO..just when I think it can't get any funnier, that was Great....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Get better soon...wish you had a laptop so you didn't have to use your phone...that must suck! Listen to the doctor, and REST...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

OMG, that may have been the funniest thing I've seen so far.....lmao.......fun to see your very nice and funny too...

Oh thank you. You flatter me....

It's nice to be able to show my less formal side.

Thank you for not booing me off stage and pelting me with eggs.

Always happy to oblige a fellow running mate.......

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Cheers for the sympathy. I have to say hospital beds are pretty comfy.

iPads on the way thankfully. Actually what's worse is having to try and stare at a tiny TV somewhere up in the ceiling. Not mention what's on it.

Anyway, to try and steer this in an "election" direction
, has everybody decided on who they are voting for? I see some obvious support, but the election will be decided I think by the swing vote. I'm not asking who you are going for, just if you have decided on a particular candidate, and why?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Anyway, to try and steer this in an "election" direction , has everybody decided on who they are voting for? I see some obvious support, but the election will be decided I think by the swing vote. I'm not asking who you are going for, just if you have decided on a particular candidate, and why?

As a self appointed independent observer I think I'm ready now and have pretty much decided on a candidate.
Haven't made a formal announcement or anything yet.

I do have to say, there were one or two candidates that quite surprised me (in a good way) and I would consider voting for them if I hadn't almost-kinda made up my mind.

edit on 30/6/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I have and I have not... if that makes sense. I want to see what happens with the voting, and want more than anything for everyone to feel like they were appreciated, because everyone was....

I think if the candidate I would vote for has plenty of votes and my vote would not make any difference than I would place my vote elsewhere so someone felt wanted, and appreciated. Or, if my candidate of choice was loosing and my vote would not change that but others did in fact vote for him, then same senario, my vote might be to make sure someone else feels appreciated.

To me it is what everyone did, it was really good. And I appreciated everyone.
edit on 30-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

*WHACK* was that your informal decision hitting me in the face by chance?

There are some people who have started out a little rough who have shone later on, I do agree. It has swayed my ideals a lot I'll admit. I haven't decided on one candidate yet (still waiting to see who delivers the biggest cheque), but I definetely have a top three.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Huh? What? What do you mean? What are you talking about?

I have to say that my decision is based soley on ideologies. Personality and humour come into it too. One thing I don't believe is that any one candidate here has come as far as they have due to being "popular" as was pointed out early in the experiment.

I think all candidates have shown their worth through their posts, and not due to their friends lists.

Although ... the final vote tally may prove otherwise. We'll see.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Oh Geez babe...you are soo funny...and quick witted...you do realize once you enter this "less censored" thread, I'm gonna say "corny stuff, like you are the Love of my Life, and I miss you more then words can say.

I'm sorry for everything....how will I ever live without you? I miss bunny, and loved seeing Sammy's kitten picture, one of the kitten's Linnea brought home looks just like him, it's "wierd"...his name is "Rambo", she picked his name and made me promise to not give him away until she gets home.

LOL, remember the day we got Sammy, Bonnie was so freaked out, now she's "mother hen" to these kittens..♥

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Most definetely. It hasn't been about the more popular members, it has been about the debate and how people have come across. Even though it's a bit of fun at the end of the day, it has given a chance to see the more heavy hitters of ATS discussing the issues, and that has been interesting in itself.

At the end of the day I'd hope the majority of the candidates would be up for helping the newbies and getting people on the right track here regardless of being an official Regent, which is something I think we need more of here.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Most definetely. It hasn't been about the more popular members, it has been about the debate and how people have come across. Even though it's a bit of fun at the end of the day, it has given a chance to see the more heavy hitters of ATS discussing the issues, and that has been interesting in itself.

At the end of the day I'd hope the majority of the candidates would be up for helping the newbies and getting people on the right track here regardless of being an official Regent, which is something I think we need more of here.

I couldn't agree more, if infact this is a community, that seeks to deny ignorance and strives for a "better" understanding of the world around us..it takes more then just "knowledge" and high IQ's, it takes "Heart" too.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I agree with your statement except the title of Regent is not official in any way. There was another statement made that confirms this fact.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "Regent Election" is in OFF TOPIC for a reason, it's nothing more than a social experiment several members wanted to participate in, is in no way "official", nor will the "Regent" have any "powers" or authority on ATS greater than any other member.

Springer...
edit on 6/30/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Sorry, "official" was a bad choice of words. Pure oxygen is the bane of creativity, trust me...

What I meant was the more experienced members should always be making the newer members feel welcome and helping them in any way possible for the greater good of the community, regardless of a fake election or fake title. Something we should all, as experienced members, be a part of.

That to me is what we have really acheived here.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

.... calm down.

It wasn't that bad. They close those kind of threads all the time.

It was in the board business section.

The guy who made the thread was implying that the ATS Regent had some authority.

It's all our fault for hyping this election up as some kind of member advocate.

Which it's not.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
ipissmagus i love the new avatar.

hey what ever happend to your scources you know newsflashs!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

It's all our fault for hyping this election up as some kind of member advocate.

Which it's not.

I never saw it like that either. At all. Not one bit.

From Beezer's OP:

There is no money. There is no current label or title. (Mods?) But the person can rule supreme as ATS Regent (in their own mind).

It was/is supposed to be "educational and amusing".
That's all.
And it has been

I would hate to see the winner let this go to his/her head.
Cause ... there's nothing to it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

ipissmagus i love the new avatar.

Thank you

hey what ever happend to your scources you know newsflashs!

I got post banned for it.

Here is the link if you want to make your own.

Don't use it about other members on ATS.

I might make one about myself.

www.noob.co.in...

www.wasarrested.com...

nancygracemustdie.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Never once did I say anyone, especially myself took this "seriously"...I mantained from the start it was a "parody"
and I stood by my "canidate"...and put a lot of "heart" into this thread as well. I would never do to another woman what you are doing now...and it doesn't need to be spoken...thanks for by-passing every comment I have made so far and making it clear. absolutely clear you are a BIG supporter of the man that is now lost to me.

Just be careful when you ride that "dark horse"...cause hearts get broken......

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Please discuss these issues with me in private ♥

On a lighter note

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join