It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chit Chat for ATS Regent Election

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Was off chasing "shiny" butterflies ....just watched some freaky video in another thread that actually did "blow my mind"....disturbing actually......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did anyone else see this? What were your thoughts if you did?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Was off chasing "shiny" butterflies ....just watched some freaky video in another thread that actually did "blow my mind"....disturbing actually......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did anyone else see this? What were your thoughts if you did?

I watched that too!!! It was definitely an "interesting" video! lots and lots of symbolism in it and a soundrack I've never heard before. It was definitely something! and pretty mind blowing!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
ok... during my extensive stumping for votes this evening....

I've had around 5 people ask me who I was before. Are there a lot of people who get banned and come back or something?

I seriously, honestly, absolutely am not a "returner". I swear on all my feathers!!! This really is my first time on ATS, I've not been here before under another name, EVER!

It's kinda cool they think I've been here before because that means I learned the ropes pretty quick, so I'm taking it as a compliment.

But, I hearby promise you, I am not a returner, this is my very first ATS account and I don't know any of those folks that the other people asked me about.

A dear friend introduced me to ATS back in the winter and I lurked for a while, then made an account. She's not on much, but she would vouch for me if needed. She's like a pseudo-sister

I did spend a lot of time on AOL message boards years ago and was also a Host there (similar to a moderator here) and know my way around the computer fairly well. There are a lot of similarities between there and here (this was back before AOL went completely evil and demonic). They gave free monthly membership to the Hosts, so there wasn't any "pay" just like the mods here are volunteers.

Oh well, just thought I'd share that because it was really weird having so many ask me about it and it was really hard to convince them I really hadn't been here before... not sure they believe me, but I really haven't.

So does that happen a lot or something?

I usually don't "go back" to somewhere if I get "tossed out", so chances are, if they toss me out, you won't see me again... of course if that's the custom, I'd have to think about it, but what's the use. If I can't behave the first time aroud and keep from getting thrown out, chances are, I wouldn't be able to do it a second time either

okies, just thought I'd share that

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

OK, ok - I'll believe you ... this time

Actually, it's funny that you mention it, cause at first I totally thought you were a particular banned member with a penchant for posting lots of youtube vids. I won't go into it any more than that.

I dunno - I guess it's just your type of humour?

But then I saw some of your other more poignant/serious posts and realised - no.
That particular poster certainly didn't have your dignity way down deep.

Anyways ... carry on

Edit to add: Just saw the latest results. Looks like its gonna be a tight race.
That booze party sure picks up at night, lol.
Might have to head on over and see what's on offer in the keg

edit on 6/7/2012 by Netties Hermit because: ^as above

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I've had around 5 people ask me who I was before. Are there a lot of people who get banned and come back or something?

C'mon, we all know who you REALLY are.

Just couldn't stay away from the bird avatars, could you. :shk:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I really don't know what that is! It looks like a cigarette pack.... I smoke Marlboro Lights!

Seriously... I really don't know who folks think I am, but I'm not. This is seriously and honestly my first ATS account.... not sure how to prove it, but at least I've stated my case

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Redacted...double dipping fishing for bribes attempt.

edit on 6-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
HermaphroKite Party rules!!!!!

I mean damn... they are AWESOMEEEEEEEE

Ahhhhhh....but, do you have good bribes....

Des

Did I send you my pic to show you how good lookin I am?

Forget the good looking Chiten, Des. The Curmudgeons are sitting atop an untapped chocolate field! Say the word, and we'll sink a well with your name on it!

Bring your friends to vote for us to get bonuses!

I'll have to admit...that Chiten is easy on the eye....

But, you mentioned a chocolate field ready for drilling. Could I name my drilling rig The Truffle Titan...if so, we may have a deal...

Des

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
With the elections closing in and so many votes being made, It's time to report on exit polls instead of totals!! ...and I'm doing math stuff today and felt like it

Puple Chiten Smylee Ninja Birthday Party 23%

Neno Curmudgeon Party 23%

Bancho Booze Party 16%

Gimme_Some_Truth Party 9%

Druid Anarchists for Gaia Party 6%

Vkey Clueless Party 5%

Ipissimus Smear Party 4%

Blaine Undeclared Party 4%

Daaskapital People's Party 4%

DJW001 Radical Centrist Party 2%

Watchitburn Apocalyps Now Party 2%

ModernAcademia HermaphroKite Party 2%

MamaBeth Queen of ATS Party 2%

OrphenFire Ironman Party 2%

FortAnthem Procrasti-Nation Party 1%

*bonus points and a cabinet position for the first who can explain why the percentages add up to 105% but we know 100% SHOULD be the total*

just wondering if these updates are helpful or if nobody really pays much attention to them... I'm getting a little bored with doing them now and may hang it up unless it's helpful to folks and I'll keep doing them... just want to see if it's helpful or not... I guess either star it or U2U me so we don't overflow the thread if ya want....unless you have suggestions on making it better and have something more than just "yes" or "no" to say, then, by all means, post away!

Thanks!
edit on 6-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Well...it's obvious. That 4% represents those in their Astral bodies while exiting. They were counted twice...silly Chiten...

Des

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL great answer!!!

.... has to do with "rounding" but I like your answer better!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I really don't know what that is! It looks like a cigarette pack.... I smoke Marlboro Lights!

Seriously... I really don't know who folks think I am, but I'm not. This is seriously and honestly my first ATS account.... not sure how to prove it, but at least I've stated my case

If you were around when he was here, you would get the joke.

whatukno Member Profile

His attitude was the total opposite of yours.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Good! So we can all put to rest, this ridiculous notion the Purplechiten is the reincarnation of some past banned member. It's all pretty silly, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing more than redirecting the fun and civility to a place that doesn't exist.

Des

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If you were around when he was here, you would get the joke.

His attitude was the total opposite of yours.

Thanks for the link!! I read some of the threads he posted....
His attitude is pretty different, but I can see how people would equate us as being similar, just not the same person. From what I saw, we interacted with some of the same people, but he seemed to be a little more extremist than I am and more interested in just political stuff as opposed to some of the science topics, theology and other things I like....only from what I saw in the first few threads anyway.

I guess I can see how they could make that mistake, he invoked a pretty emotional response in what I read, but, like you said, the overall attitude is pretty different.... and there is no way in the world he's as good looking as I am!!

Thanks for filling me in!

I have unique qualities that can't be imitated easily, although I could "blend" I guess, but I'd give myself away because I like to talk too much

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by FortAnthem

Good! So we can all put to rest, this ridiculous notion the Purplechiten is the reincarnation of some past banned member. It's all pretty silly, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing more than redirecting the fun and civility to a place that doesn't exist.

Des

Thanks Des!!! I guess because I picked up on things really quickly and jumped in head first, it made people apprehensive... no hard feelings against them or anything, just want to verify that I'm me and not somebody else!

..... at least I don't think I'm somebody else...
those pod-people are everywhere!!

ACCCKKKKKK I'm gonna watch myself a lot closer now!! especially when I'm asleep!!!

I'm not going to get me, no matter how hard I try!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

But, you mentioned a chocolate field ready for drilling. Could I name my drilling rig The Truffle Titan...if so, we may have a deal...

Des

Your rig - we name it what you want! Since the field is untapped - you get first rights of production as well...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Des

Your rig - we name it what you want! Since the field is untapped - you get first rights of production as well...

Hey Des.... how do you feel about "virtual shoes"?
....you can get them in chocolate too!!! Just eat them instead of wearing them though, it wouldn't work well the other way around....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

*bonus points and a cabinet position for the first who can explain why the percentages add up to 105% but we know 100% SHOULD be the total*

Because you rounded off the even percentages upwards to even numbers. the extra 5% is a phantom, made up of all those round-ups.

just wondering if these updates are helpful or if nobody really pays much attention to them... I'm getting a little bored with doing them now and may hang it up unless it's helpful to folks and I'll keep doing them...

I think they're a good idea for the people who are observers, but not necessarily poll watchers. chin up - there's less than 24 hours to the final totals.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
grrrrrr .... all that work I put in last night and we're tied again!!!

hey Neno, I voted for you, did you vote for me?

edit on 6-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join