It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how much Healthcare will cost the average person...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Now I don't agree with the tax but people are really becoming mental over this bill and I get the constitutional issue that this presents, however one member in particular mentioned in another post that people would be killing themselves over this tax hike....

The minimum amount — per person — will be $695 once the tax is fully phased in. But it will be less to start. The minimum penalty per person will start at $95 in 2014, the first year that the law will require individuals to obtain coverage. And it will rise to $325 the following year.

However, the minimum amount per family is capped at triple the per-person tax, no matter how many individuals are in the taxpayer’s household. So, for example, a couple with one child over 18 (or two children age 18 or under), and no coverage, would pay a minimum of $285 in 2014, $975 in 2015 and $2,085 in 2016. And that would be the minimum no matter how many uninsured dependents a taxpayer has.

I live in Massachusetts where Mit started this process or roadmap for the country and I know that the initial figures were not accurate as to how much the state would be paying out...here is one article that takes some information out of the very left leaning Boston Globe...they were pretty quick to note shortcomings of this reform because it came from Romney...talk about a hot potatoe.Newsmax Link and here is the original Boston Globe post PNHP..so although lauded as a successful reform by Massachusetts it's not without its serious issues...now amplify the issue x amount more and what do you get?

Now let's fast foward to one of my favorite sites Factcheck.org to see what the cost will be...The link of all links..I would suggest all of you mark this site as it seems to be very down the middle and full of great information..of course if you know everything don't bother...I'm neither left nor right nor independent..I'm simply a rational thinker
edit on 29-6-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yes, and it does appear it will cost plenty. However, my wife and I retired and I have Tricare. As we turn 65 that will cost us each 1200 plus per year in addition to any Tricare For Life fees that are imposed. While I feel for the beneficiaries of Obamacare my wallet will still go to Medicare. My best,

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Maybe some Americans should go and take a hard look at what we pay in Europe. That amount you stated is complete peanuts.

Someone on €60000

Total Income €60,000.00
Your Income €60,000.00
Tax @ Lower Rate (20 %) €8,360.00
Tax @ Higher Rate (41 %) €7,462.00
Tax Credits (€4,950.00)
Net Tax (€10,872.00)
PRSI (€2,136.00)
Universal Social Charge (€3,519.00)
Annual Net Income €43,473.00
Monthly Net Income €3,623.00
Weekly Net Income €836.00

pays 17000 in taxes of which PRSI @2000+ is probably the equivalent of your obamacare.

On top of that we pay 21% sales tax on virtually everything.

Oh and ther is 65% tax on fuel, property taxes, water charges and many more taxes. I calculate that for the average person without a mortgage as much as 50% of gross income is lost to tax when everything is accounted for.

edit on 29/6/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

According to our forefathers, it should not cost us to live.
What about those who want no part of "their" system and support themselves just fine?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

According to our forefathers, it should not cost us to live.
What about those who want no part of "their" system and support themselves just fine?

I must assume you live in the woods under a bush. But I do wonder how you were able to communicate with us in this fashion?

Oh, and a tip, yes, they got a mite angry at King George, over taxes but your really think they didn't plan on paying any taxes after the war was won???? (It war was over taxes without representation.) Humm. Did that just happen?
edit on 29-6-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

so does it make it right? are you saying because you pay more in taxes we should also? I would say we are paying between state and local taxes approximatey 35 to 40 percent of our paycheck not including all the other stuff you are mentioning...I know in many other countries they expect everything to be offered by the government so what do you expect...canada, france and I'm sure some other countries pay a boat load in taxes but again nothing the government gives you is free...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

In Canada we get the basic's, we have exteneded coverage for our dental,eye,prescriptions...etc, if your lucky your employer pays for it.

If I have a heart attack, they will treat me, but I still have to pay for the ambulance ride to the hospital, private room....etc, its not all free like everyone thinks.

new topics

top topics

join