It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan calendar 'end date' Confirmed!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

What changes are you talking about specifically?....what "real changes" are you seeing that aren't perfectly natural?
How about the progression of technology, specifically the computer. That is what comes to my mind anyway.

Maybe someone can help answer this question. What is the significance of the 5,125 year cycle? Does anyone know if the Maya long count is based on any astronomical cycle?

For example the precession of Earth's equinox is just under 26,000 years with each age @ 2160 years. Venus/Earth conjunction cycles repeat in a 1215 year synodic progression cycle. I don't see how these cycles relate to the Maya long count. Perhaps I am over thinking this but I would like to think that there is some brilliant connection.
edit on 6/30/2012 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
how do you spell fucushima in aztec?
theres 23 more of those GE nightmares in the US alone
and they, and their bretheren are all at or very near the end of their lifespans...

nawwww
couldn't be

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I doubt the Mayans predicted the end of the world with their calendar. Also consider many so called experts have varying ideas on what it actually says. Just as there are varying views on the Sumerian tablets.
Is Sitchin right or are other scholars on the money. You could probably say the same about the Bible, Old and New testament variations compared to the Koran and the Torah. It all depends on which team you barrack (Aussie), root
or support doesn't it. How you were brought up and under which religious doctrine.
I think TBTB are happy with all this 21/12 2012 musings it gives them a chance to deflect some of their evil doings,
from the general population. Keeping them entertained while orchestrating their contemptible insidious plots.
Things are afoot no doubt, but I dont think the Mayans were warning us.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i havent got a clue whats going to happen on the 21/12/2012,
but i know something i'll be sitting in my garden with a few
beers watching the sky,

for better or for worse bring it on i hate waiting.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Exact same thread already posted few days ago here:

New 2012 maya monument unearth by archaeologists

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Not all of us believe the world is going to end. Merely that 2012 is a turning point...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by VoidHawk

Well thats usually what this 'end date' of the Mayan Clander eventually leads too.

Sorry, but you are incorrect. Maybe based on what you've read, but that is not the meaning.

The Mayans never said anything about the end of the world. It was, and always has been, about CHANGE.

Their beliefs stem from cycles that occur in relation to astronomical events, and the changes that they bring when they occur. Those astronomical events happen in predictable cycles over many hundreds and thousands of years.

I would say that we're seeing some real changes in the world as we speak, wouldn't you?

~Namaste

I would say you could reference 100 years ago and your statement would be true. 200 years ago? 300? 400? Unless something drastic happens on Dec. 21 it's meaningless crap. The calendar is not about "change" any more than Jan.1 is about change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join