It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan calendar 'end date' Confirmed!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Archaeologists have found carvings in a stone staircase at the La Corona dig site in Guatemala which confirms the ‘end date’ of the Maya calendar, December 21, 2012.
It is only the second known inscription which confirms this 'end date'
Source

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If this is the best evidence you people can come up with for the end of the world then your wasting your time.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

It may be a surprise to you but we dont all think it means the end of the world. Do you?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Well thats usually what this 'end date' of the Mayan Clander eventually leads too.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i counter with the recent discovery at Xultun (which I really should make a thread about.) While these tablets don't pertain to 2012 in any way they clearly show that the Maya thought beyond 13.0.0.0.0. I love how 2012 believers claim they have proof something is going to happen based off two inscriptions while at the same time there are many that reference dates beyond 2012.

Classic Period Astronomical Tables

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The world will never end its just constantly changing.
Every once In a blue moon major events occur such as ice age, magnetic field changes, planet alignments, the world will go on..even if it is without the human race

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yeah and you know what. I have a paper calendar on my desk and it stops on December 31st, 2012. Holy crap does that mean the world will end?

Ever though thats just simply when the mayans decided to stop figuring out what the calendar will look like 100 years into the future. As if maybe, just maybe the imperial magician who was calculating the yearly calendars for the mayans decided one day. Hmmm I've written out the calendar for the next 1000 years. maybe I should put the chisel down and take a break from all this calendar calculation stuff. THe grand emperor doesn't seem to care much about what day Thursday will land in the year 2012. my wife complains that I'm too distracted with my work. and my damned hand hurts from all that carving into rock. F-it. I'm finished. I'll pick up this whole calendar thing in a thousand years when I need to actually start again."

ever considered that little scenario? ever?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The problem is this "end date" would appear to be a Western interpretation

But many ethnic Mayans dismiss the apocalyptic predictions as largely a Western idea. Rather than the end of time itself, the inscriptions refer to the start of a new era. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

It would appear that we (in the West) have created, and personalised a conspiracy theory to feed our own delusions

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Well thats usually what this 'end date' of the Mayan Clander eventually leads too.

Sorry, but you are incorrect. Maybe based on what you've read, but that is not the meaning.

The Mayans never said anything about the end of the world. It was, and always has been, about CHANGE.

Their beliefs stem from cycles that occur in relation to astronomical events, and the changes that they bring when they occur. Those astronomical events happen in predictable cycles over many hundreds and thousands of years.

I would say that we're seeing some real changes in the world as we speak, wouldn't you?

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I never said the Mayans did but its the 2012 believers are saying the world is going to end without a shred of evidence to support their claims.

Things are changing but history repeats itself.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The world will not end! but i am expecting an event between now and the end of the year is iminent maybe there will be a great earth shift maybe the sun will strike us or maybe a fake alien attack. Strange days indeed!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I would say that we're seeing some real changes in the world as we speak, wouldn't you?

What changes are you talking about specifically?....what "real changes" are you seeing that aren't perfectly natural?

I'm genuinely interested.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

I never stated im very educated in this subject matter, but common sense would tell you that Ancient Man's Superstition should never be revered as evidence in any circumstance.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

google it

quicker

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I guess you're a more educated person on this Mayan topic than the archaeologist.

That archeologist (David Stuart) published a book last year (page x):

This is all complete nonsense. As someone who has studied the Maya for nearly all of his life, and who specializes in reading their ancient texts in order to understand their history, religion, and culture, I have to lay down the line and assert that any such statements about the Maya predicting the world's demise or, alternatively, some "transformation of consciousness" in 2012 is, to put it as simply and directly as possible, wrong. Not only wrong but misleading.

www.amazon.com...

edit on 6/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar dose NOT end. It is a CIRCLE. When you reach the "end" you start over. Every thing in the sky is back at it's starting position (almost) so there is no need to make it any longer than it is. Not all early civilizations thought of time in the same way that we do. Why make the calendar any bigger it was still "good and accurate" long after they were gone. What was the point. Geez I get so irritated at the whole END of the Mayan calendar rubbish. They didn't think the world was going to end so why would you?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I never stated im very educated in this subject matter, but common sense would tell you that Ancient Man's Superstition should never be revered as evidence in any circumstance.

Ok thats a reasonable. If I saw that as first response I could see where you are coming from.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

If this is the best evidence you people can come up with for the end of the world then your wasting your time.

What do you mean "you people"?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

hummm..my microsoft calendar seems to go well past 2013...wonder what operating system they were using

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join