It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Nice Things To Do For Strangers ( technically not a rant ) so sue me!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
1) leave a cake at the door.

2) pay the toll of the car behind you.

3) give flowers.

4) pay their tab at the bar.

5) take their trash to the curb.

6) rake their yard.

7) shovel their snow.

8) bring clothes to goodwill.

9) give blood.

10) put a drunk in a cab.

I am certain there will be those that insist this is the wrong place to post this, but i insist it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33
1) leave a cake at the door.

2) pay the toll of the car behind you.

3) give flowers.

4) pay their tab at the bar.

5) take their trash to the curb.

6) rake their yard.

7) shovel their snow.

8) bring clothes to goodwill.

9) give blood.

10) put a drunk in a cab.

I am certain there will be those that insist this is the wrong place to post this, but i insist it is.

1. If there was a cake at my door I would think its poisoned.

2.Thats a good one.

3.another nice gesture, but you have to be careful who you send it to an what kind the person could be allergic.

4. again another nice gesture but that usually means your interested in a person and have ulterior motives lol

5. I like that but be careful of trespassing

6. yeah right pointless imo I don't even rake my yard haah

7. Yeah thats a good one I do that.

8.yup always help those les fortunate.

9. I hate needles no way

10. you must be a bar person because this is your 2nd related thing..but eh I guess its ok

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

these are intended to be anonymous. also, it doesnt have to be a cake, it can be a 5 dollar bill and a note to have a nice day. afraid of needles? i used to be, but i overcame that by understanding two things, i f i needed blood it would be from a stranger, and the needle is smaller than me. give whatever u chose, only suggestions. also, no i am not a bar person, but i would have no problem putting a drunk in a cab. as too paying the bar tab, that is just a way to brighten someones day and perhaps insure that they have the money for a cab.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

also, if not anonymous, absolutely with no strings attached. also, the intent is to do so without revealing to others that u actually did these things or any thing.

thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I LOVE LOVE LOVE anonymous gifting. Ive been doing it for yrs and its wonderful. Coats for kids, paying for meals or activities at school ( THIS is a neat one.. at our local elementary which is in walking distance to me I go in ask who doesnt have the money and is getting the PBJs and parent s wont or cant sign for free lunches and I pay it for a few months. WIth activities some kids are doing great but parents wont or cant pay and wont get on the programs... so I pay a few kids fees for field trips) , going down to the park and giving the homeless folks a bunch of stuff, leaving stuff as secret santa ( with a police officer friend of ours) ... stuff like that.

If EVERYONE did these things, there would be no need for welfare, foodstamps and etc. Charity is where we all should concentrate some of our resources no matter if its money, materials, free work, or just speaking and being a friend to the elderly who cant get out and have no one. Charity is a scarce things these days. Sometimes the best thing you can give someone in need is TIME and COMPASSION. Im a prissy bitch who at the moemnt is typing to you with long hot pink fingernails and tiffany earrings... if I can hug an elderly homeless man, hold his hand and speak with him and help him. YOU CAN TOO~!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Very well said, Advantage! The greatest gift we can give is ourselves

reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

Your thread comes at a good time, sp1r1tu4133. With all this heat, some cool water would be a blessing to the homeless.

Also, the elderly cut air-conditioning way back (and sometimes off) to save on power bills; a fixed income stretches only so far. So checking on the elderly would also be a blessing.

Those simple acts of compassion could very well save a life.

J
edit on 6/29/2012 by LadyJae because: correct formatting

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
My favorite thing to do is to sincerely compliment a total stranger. At first they ate wary and defensive, but a smile wins them over. You can actually see it in their eyes when they realize you are sincere. Perhaps it even brightens their whole day.

My son had gotten a ten dollar gift card to McDonald's for his birthday. It stayed in the car. One day we were stopped at an intersection and there was a man holding a HUNGRY sign. My son couldn't read yet but he asked me what it said. I told him. My son thought for a moment, then asked if he could give the man the McDonald's card. We did, and that poor man was in tears. What a blessing for all, but especially for my son.

new topics

top topics

join