It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKTHROUGH: Scientists Invent Particles That Will Let You Live Without Breathing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Woa... this means scuba-diving without a scuba, or even air tanks! Can stay at the bottom of the sea for half an hour without breathing... cool.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Did not get a chance to read the thread yet, but wow this is amazing.

What if they increased the time frame more, and you were able to go scuba diving with no tank!

Of course you would probably carry a small emergency tank, but still, extremely cool.

Imagine if we really focused on positive medical technology...

This is a glimmer of hope.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 30-6-2012 by SolarE-Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My next wonder is if you could use a solution based on this stuff to keep a disembodied brain alive, or a head like on futurama. Now THAT would be something.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mus8472
My next wonder is if you could use a solution based on this stuff to keep a disembodied brain alive, or a head like on futurama. Now THAT would be something.

Hopefully along with some kind of working appendage in order to scratch the itchy nose, else the disembodied head/brain would go insane

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Wow, this could keep Cheney alive FOREVER.
I bet he is already stockpiling it.

don't worry: any device ain't ideal

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This would be vital for me personally, let's say I don't breathe well.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Obesity is rampant in this country. We sure do need the lastest weight loss drug. Obesity is a killer.

I disagree - obesity is, in most cases, by choice, which is why people are more interested in treatments which could help anyone who has a tragedy happen where they are unable to breathe. Weight-loss drugs are just tools to help the lazy temporarily lose weight, usually without any move toward improving nutrition.

Yes, obesity is a killer, and diabetes costs me thousands of dollars annually (nobody in my family has it, but a big part of our health insurance costs is to pay for the eating habits / lack of exercise of others), but more drugs is not the answer. Every drug has its drawbacks, and should never be taken when a behavioral change could do the job for 99% of patients. Yes, I realize pharmacies would go under, and "Big "Pharma" wouldn't be so big anymore, but better that a few darkside businesses go under than a nation's drug dependency worsens simply he ause the populace has become too weak-minded and uneducated.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Well in all this gloom and doom at least there is some good news and cool things once in a while. Something like this does have a lot of potential for use in any number of things and of ways, especially in areas were oxygen is not predominant, such as space and like they said for medical purposes.

How will it be used? Well that all depends on the ones who will be using it and there reasons.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

You wouldn't flash freeze in space.... How can you freeze in a vaccum, if you are producing heat through metabolism... It takes a considerably long time for objects to cool down in space, strikingly enough the bigger concern would be burning due to solar radiation, there is absolutely nothing to protect you from the solar radiation.
Space is a vaccuum( so we are told) so with out particles to transfer heat energy away from your body, it would be very unlikely that you would " flash freeze." If you look into any of the space suits to protect astronauts, almost all of the technology is there to protect astronauts from extreme heat, not the latter.

"Heat does not transfer out of the body very rapidly in the absence of a medium such as air or water, so freezing to death is not an immediate risk in outer space despite the extreme cold."

www.damninteresting.com...
edit on 6/30/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We may need this considering the Fukushima situation.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oxygen coated in lipids and then injected...

Brilliant! But at the same time, how did we not think of this one before?! The idea is so simple!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Imagine what this could do! Chemitrails would be useless with this

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Don't mind me, just looking at this post and thinking how dumb are our scientist are today.

A person can live without breathing now and forever. I can explain the physics, (The real deal physics) on how we breath and how we can stop breathing and live.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
like in leviathan

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As a Paramedic, and for my first post ever, I just can't wait to see if this invention will be available for us. Ventilate a patient with lung failure or during a cardiac arrest is a thing of practice and precision before the intubation, which takes time, can be missed or botched. A single IV keeping oxygen at normal level for 15 to 30 minutes,which is a normal ambulance ride, would be fabulous for us to save the patients of any brain or major organs deterioration when we take care of them. Great finding, just send it to collegues.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

reply to post by BIHOTZ

Obesity is rampant in this country. We sure do need the lastest weight loss drug. Obesity is a killer.

I disagree - obesity is, in most cases, by choice, which is why people are more interested in treatments which could help anyone who has a tragedy happen where they are unable to breathe. Weight-loss drugs are just tools to help the lazy temporarily lose weight, usually without any move toward improving nutrition.

Yes, obesity is a killer, and diabetes costs me thousands of dollars annually (nobody in my family has it, but a big part of our health insurance costs is to pay for the eating habits / lack of exercise of others), but more drugs is not the answer. Every drug has its drawbacks, and should never be taken when a behavioral change could do the job for 99% of patients. Yes, I realize pharmacies would go under, and "Big "Pharma" wouldn't be so big anymore, but better that a few darkside businesses go under than a nation's drug dependency worsens simply he ause the populace has become too weak-minded and uneducated.

So diabetes only strikes the obese and it's their fault your premiums are so high? Talk about weak-minded and uneducated. Nazi much?

There are genes that cause diabetes that also predispose people to become obese. It kind of goes hand-in-hand in many cases; obese because diabetic. Hard to avoid. Easy targets for blame though, so nice going.

There are diabetics that aren't obese that still require the drugs. What do you say to them? Die so my premiums can go down, i know you're not fat but you're still a burden on me? Who will you blame next? People with MS, or cancer, or anemia? Anyone with a chronic illness that is not on your blame list?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by dogstar23

reply to post by BIHOTZ

So diabetes only strikes the obese and it's their fault your premiums are so high? Talk about weak-minded and uneducated. Nazi much?

There are genes that cause diabetes that also predispose people to become obese. It kind of goes hand-in-hand in many cases; obese because diabetic. Hard to avoid. Easy targets for blame though, so nice going.

There are diabetics that aren't obese that still require the drugs. What do you say to them? Die so my premiums can go down, i know you're not fat but you're still a burden on me? Who will you blame next? People with MS, or cancer, or anemia? Anyone with a chronic illness that is not on your blame list?

Wow...you didn't even read my post at all, especially the first paragraph, did you? Just wanted to put words in my mouth which were nothing like what I wrote so that you could call me a nazi? Not only did I blatantly indicate I was referring to by-choice obesity representing "most cases" of obesity, I was explaining why there is more interest in this than the world's 10,000th weight-loss drug. Please, before you attack me and start calling me a nazi (which my Polish Catholic family in Poland would just love), at least take the time to read my post. I think nothing like what you said, and not only do I not think people shouldn't be treated as your creepy fantasy version of me does,I believe we should have universal healthcare for all. So in the words of Mike Ditka, "who are you crappin?"

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Lets hope this is used widely and not made only for people who the wealth to afford it. It would be sad to see another break through not being used where it should be. Great find OP

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
Don't mind me, just looking at this post and thinking how dumb are our scientist are today.

A person can live without breathing now and forever. I can explain the physics, (The real deal physics) on how we breath and how we can stop breathing and live.

Please do. I guarantee you'll have the top thread for months. And probably people sending yoy gifts of gratitude.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join