It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea 'sunken UFO' begins to smell like an elaborate scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This article was recently posted to Science on MSNBC.

I have posted it to a new thread because people posting sceptical comments on the numerous existing "Baltic UFO" threads have been accused of derailing the thread.

So hopefully starting a thread that deals with sceptical coverage of the Ocean X "anomaly" will allow people to freely exchange ideas on what is behind this reported anomaly.

It may also allow those who wish to freely indulge in more fantastic theories to do so without reading comments that express scepticism about the "strangeness" of the reported discovery.

Here is a link to the article:

Baltic Sea "sunken UFO" begins to smell like an elaborate scam

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Begins to smell like an elaborate scam? Many of us here at ATS have been saying this for quite some time now.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Some of us have been saying that since the beginning.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I never thought it was a UFO but for awhile there I did think it was something a little interesting. Perhaps a pre-ice stonehedge type rock - maybe a sunk experimental WW2 object.

Now I even doubt there is anything but the usual rocks.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"So dark is the con of man"

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Some of us have been saying that since the beginning.

Yes, with ZERO evidence or proof.
You are correct.

I am dismayed to hear of this though.
But, what are you going to do?
People will be people and there will always be hoaxes and hoaxers.

We shall see.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

If you let me borrow your weapon i will show you what i will do to these charlatans lol
Just kidding ATS.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Log time away ATS,

Whats the real score with this?

Good threads anyone?

Not that this is not just expansions,

Love J

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey, just because the guys who found it are looking to make a few bucks, it doesn't make this less interesting. And ofc, with anything interesting it happens: there will always be people on both sides of the coin.

When further info is available, then you can scream "hoax" from the highest building but until then, this thread seems a bit premature.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
gosh..what about a disposable camera......they do seem to be playing this out for some reason......or its all to hide the truth and a ufo is sitting on the bottom with alliens inside wondering what they should do next
..oh..sorry, i just found the hole in my tin foil hat

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I find it interesting that a person who is contracted by NASA would be the one to downplay and suggest a hoax.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I find it interesting that a person who is contracted by NASA would be the one to downplay and suggest a hoax.

Well that is interesting. But the question remains, why is Ocean X making contradictory statements regarding the composition of the formation?

Since they took samples of the object several days ago, you would think they would be releasing information on the analysis. Is it rock? Is it concrete? (as opposed to concrete-like)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Hey, just because the guys who found it are looking to make a few bucks, it doesn't make this less interesting. And ofc, with anything interesting it happens: there will always be people on both sides of the coin.

When further info is available, then you can scream "hoax" from the highest building but until then, this thread seems a bit premature.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure if the thread is premature. The purpose of the thread was to post the article in a location where people won't start saying "you're derailing the thread" because that is off topic.

The article does not state the find is a hoax, it merely suggests some points which might indicate a scam. That is very different from "screaming" hoax.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Honestly, hoax or not, half the fun with something like this is just sitting back and savouring the journey like a good quality cheese. Clyde Lewis over at his radio show has done a fair bit of coverage on this, as has a few mainstream news agencies, and I for one am loving this, though probably for all the wrong reasons. But that's just me.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Always thought there was something fishy about it.

But i really did hope it was something like an ancient rock or a crashed plane, Just something of interest.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
the 'explorers'... the Ocean X Team... a group of submariners/divers/treasure hunters
always have the excape of saying ... that because of the limited visibility and suspended organics/detrius in the environment...

we only had snapshots of a focused/limited/ obscure nature to rely upon--- we did not instigate any hoax

yeah, i believe that explaination a whole bunch

i believe that the 'team' is being coached to use elaborate, poetic language to describe their visitations & sightings
i believe that the electronic outages are a designed ruse, even perhaps to the persons operating the devices...

there is too much investment, as in the comfy submarine to take sightseers down... to think that this is not a staged 'discovery'
edit on 30-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sowing the seeds of hoaxing and doubt is a natural path to follow by those who see hoaxing and scams in every thing ;

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well that's some attack piece with little to back it up. Kind of the same claim they're making about Ocean X. It also seems to come out of left field. Have they produced any other coverage of this prior to attacking it? If not that makes it even more odd.

new topics

top topics

join