It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge to All Non-Muslim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

I thought the IRA was Protestant,

Take my advice. Don't ever say that in Ireland.

In the past 24 hours there has been this going on by Muslims:

uk.eurosport.yahoo.com...
Held on suspicion does not make them terrorists

www.middle-east-online.com...
DUBAI - Bahraini security forces are searching for three suspects believed to be planning terror attacks in the kingdom Suspects. Innocent until proven guilty no?

www.stripes.com...
...get its hands on the alleged handler...

www.rediff.com...
Time and again, a section of the media has emphasised vendetta as the etiology of Islamic terror. However, a meticulous analysis of this charge finds it to be a dubious one..... So what were you trying to say here?

Never mind. Better luck next time.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

you ignoramus.

OK, what ever you say my friend. I don't have time to argue points with people who have to resort to name calling as a substitute for reason.

Funny that you were called an ignoramus. He just said

I thought the IRA was Protestant, anyway Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc don't commit the same amount of terrorist attacks as Muslims.

I got called a hypocrite, I much prefer ignoramus. Sounds more dignified.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

What do you think the indigenous peoples of Australia thought it was when England dumped so many people on their shores who thus started killing them?

I do not want to make this what religion or belief system is worse... because all have good and all have bad....

the point of this thread is to show we can live side by side, in compassion and respect and understanding of the rights of everyone....

The Majority is never alike to fringe minorities...

Firstly that had nothing to do with me, that was the British who did that. And killing them? Do you even know how many Aborigines died in 150 years? Only 20 thousand which is hardly a genocide, in fact there are more Aborigines alive today then back then.
The extermination of 6 million Russians in 1916, now that was a genocide. You use the "Aboriginal" card because you have no other ammo to fire at me. Little do you know that the Aboriginal card is a load of sh*t I gave you the facts.

Let me ask you a question.

DO YOU KNOW THAT MORE PEOPLE ARE KILLED EACH YEAR FROM MUSLIM TERRORIST ATTACKS THAN THE ENTIRE 300 YEAR INQUISITION COMBINED?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Firstly that had nothing to do with me, that was the British who did that.

And OP, along with millions of Muslims, had nothing to do with the atrocities you've mentioned.

Quid pro quo, my friend.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by OpinionatedB

That is very interesting about the burqa. I had no idea it's designed to keep you cool. It was 103 today in NC, very hot.

When you were oversees, did you ever feel like the men thought of you as inferior? I mean, did they talk to you or to your male companion (if you had one). Did you ever feel like they were speaking "down" to you? Or was it pretty much like the States, just regular conversation?

Forgive the rudeness of that question, but I've read several books that purport to tell the "truth" about how women are treated and I've got a rather negative viewpoint of Muslim men as a result. I KNOW this is absurd, but hearing it from a woman who's been in the middle east makes a world of difference.

I've practiced with my scarf, will report tomorrow.

Yes some men see themselves as superior to women (which is nothing to do with religion) however, there are some differences in the way Muslim men treat women which are seen as something extremely respectful and not downgrading women...If I am with a man, it is a respect that if we are shopping for instance that the business owner only speaks directly to the man, of course in such a way that you know he is speaking to me, or to my interests... this is seen as respect, and not disrespect. It is actually something I like, because I also see it to be a respect.

Now, If I have a question or something to say, there is no problem with me saying something, although I would rather say it to the man I am with, in shopping you speak loudly enough for the owner to hear the convo and this is good. .. then he specifically addresses that. You are never ignored, you are simply given respect.

In cities some of this is being going away from, becoming more modern, ie: women being spoken to is no longer something that is seen as so disrespectful of the women..and women do things without their husbands regularly, just not usually alone, they go in groups of women, two three or four, women work in other countries and attend colleges etc (especially Iran as their higher education is supreme) You just have to understand the cultural differences and do everything according to these differences. ie: never look a man in the eye because that is very very forward... and other differences.

Kind of like in China people bow to one another and this is a respect, well it is not done in the west but if a westerner goes overseas you bow as a respect... same type of thing....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Firstly that had nothing to do with me, that was the British who did that.

And OP, along with millions of Muslims, had nothing to do with the atrocities you've mentioned.

Quid pro quo, my friend.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

....or Jewish - Irgun/Mossad ring any bells with you, or Christian - many in the States and now Norway. And of course what nationality are FARQ guerillas to mention but one other? Sure as hell ain't Muslim.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I find it hypocritical what are called terrorist attacks when it is Muslims... by the standards set by the west it is a terrorist attack every time the US commits any action, and a terrorist attack anytime any westerner would be doing something in defense of his home or his family or his country. Muslims are just poorer.
edit on 29-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
My sister is a Muslim and one of the most giving, loving people I have ever met. Her husband treats her respectfully and their children are everything that would make a parent proud.

Sorry you have to deal with hateful people. Hate is so evil and so ignorant. I agree with you about modesty and respect. It is very sad that our young girls often dress like sex objects and are so obsessed about their appearance.

Thank you for the positive post.

Salaam alaikum!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

....or Jewish - Irgun/Mossad ring any bells with you, or Christian - many in the States and now Norway. And of course what nationality are FARQ guerillas to mention but one other? Sure as hell ain't Muslim.

Wow so there is one terrorist attack in Norway which (to my knowledge is the worst attack in Norway since WW2) and that means there are "many" terrorists in Norway now?

Wow I would love to know what you call the Middle East then?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Wa Alaykum Salaam Ramatullahe wa Barakatuh

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

I find it hypocritical what are called terrorist attacks when it is Muslims... by the standards set by the west it is a terrorist attack every time the US commits any action, and a terrorist attack anytime any westerner would be doing something in defense of his home or his family or his country. Muslims are just poorer.

I think you and I just found some common ground OpinionatedB, I have no love for the US either and there is little difference between the two, one is motivated by patriotism whilst the other is motivated by religion...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Politics motivates them both... do not be confused by the hype, it is ALL politics, power, and money

However, the majority of us do not care about politics power or money, we want self determination and peace, just to live happily without worry.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I dont care who you worship,,whats that stupid thing people say " just dont cram it down my throat",,,haha like my dad says about homosexuals " just dont cram it down my throat" then Im like " dad the only way they are gonna cram it down your throat is if you are on your knees".........

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hi OP,

It sucks when people don't see the different sects of Muslim, they lump everyone together.

I worked with a man from Iran, he was a Shi'a muslim, he was tell me how Sunni muslim gets respect from god for killing Shi'a Muslim, i guess he opened the eyes for me about different sect of muslims.

Whats hard is that, half of the world who doesn't understand different sects of Muslim Hates Shi'a Muslims since in their mind, all muslims are the same and then they also get shated by Sunni Muslim's because they kill Shi'a to please god.

He was telling me that Sunni Muslim/Extremist have some sort of game they play, where the sunni muslim sticks his hand in a jar with bees and depends on how many bites he gets, that many Shi'a Muslim he suppose to kill in order to please Allah. Im not sure if that was true or not, but i have heard of massacre of Shi'a Muslims in the middle east.

He was a nice guy, he help to everyone, sometimes people use his help for their advantage.. he does car repairs for free... he was a mechanic back in Iran.
edit on 6/29/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Wow so there is one terrorist attack in Norway which (to my knowledge is the worst attack in Norway since WW2) and that means there are "many" terrorists in Norway now?

I said and now Norway. I did not say there were "many" terrorists in Norway.

I call the Middle East the Middle East. What else would I call it?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I love that verse

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I said and now Norway. I did not say there were "many" terrorists in Norway.

I call the Middle East the Middle East. What else would I call it?

You still referred to Norway as though it was riddled with terrorists when there has only been one lone attack there since ww2.

I don't know maybe Middle Earth.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes but even this only refers to one specific sect in Sunni Islam, and there are several sunni groups that are not like this, even though many do not see Shi'a as Muslim.

But most of the 'normal' people sunnis are just fine with us, I have seen many intermarriages that worked out beautifully between sunni and shia, and I have freinds that are sunni. Not all Sunni are like what you described, only the extremeists. We call them wahabbis

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join